'19 TN RB Eric Gray

Travis was only about 170-175Lbs senior year. But he had unbelievable power and speed in high school, he's the best running back I played against and watched play in high school.
His power was so deceptive. At his size, who would have ever thought he could be so powerful. He always reminded me of Tony Thompson, who was just a freak of nature.

Shouldn’t be hard to get him to about 215-220 before the season either
I honestly would say at 5’9 that 210-215 is probably the heaviest he will get without losing his athleticism. If he can get to 220 and not lose a step or lose some agility then the kid will be a generational talent.. which I would love.

I want another travis henry in my lifetime. At least one of his brood should fit the bill.

Today’s RBs won’t run like the cheese but he’ll be great. Could be our bell cow by SEC play. I really really like Chandler and Gray in our backfield. Two homerun capable backs.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
As for Eric Gray, Tennessee’s tailback signee was solid in his first day. Gray was taking reps behind 5-star Alabama signee Trey Sanders during team drills. The 5-foot-11, 197-pound Memphis native showcased his skills during various routes drills, both on air and against defenses. After practice, Gray told VolQuest that Tennessee really wants to get him involved in the passing game in 2019. Gray will finish up the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5 and fly straight to Knoxville the next day. His parents will then bring his stuff Monday. He plans to wear No. 1 in the future, but like Ty Chandler, will likely have No. 3 as a freshman. Gray is set to room with EE’s Ramel Keyton and Wanya Morris.

-Simonton

VN Store

Back