Preds outdoor game in Neyland, could it work.

Would you be interested in watching the Preds play in Neyland?

• Absolutely

Votes: 88 53.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 29 17.6%
  • Never

Votes: 27 16.4%

• Total voters
Says the guy that only wants football in Neyland. That's thinking small. I think use for Hockey once a year and then a Lacrosse Tourney in the spring would be great. But then single mindedness of the some of posters on VN, never ceases to amaze me.

LMAO (still)

It was mostly tongue in cheek, dude. Take a walk, listen to music, play with your kids, whatever.....in other word, CTFO!

Life is short....have fun.

LMAO (still)

It was mostly tongue in cheek, dude. Take a walk, listen to music, play with your kids, whatever.....in other word, CTFO!

Life is short....have fun.
Wasn't really written that way but OK. Your reply seemed to indicate it was serious also. I see you backtracked later when the actual popularity of the idea sunk in.

Just read this article Could Nashville host NHL Winter Classic? League is interested and Predators believe they will

It’s essentially saying the NHL would like to do an outdoor game in the next year or two in Nashville. They can do it in an NFL stadium or college stadium, or if push comes to shove in a smaller park type setting.

The big issue is they need about 3 weeks of prep time, which could interfere with NFL schedules. The outdoor game is usually on New Years Day. Being a Vol fan I couldn’t help but think how amazing it would be to see it in Neyland.

Beside working it out with the school the biggest issue I see is that the fans would likely want to have it in Nashville. But still can’t help but dream about how interesting it would be! Also thinking about the game being held at Vandy makes me want to vomit.

Thoughts...

Oh and I’m placing it in the football section because it’s a question about Neyland Stadium.
Being a Nashville team, they should do it at Vandy

Quick question, why do you think hockey is a Canadian sport?

I realize that it's also very popular in other parts of the world. But ice hockey is a way of life in Canada. I believe it's the national sport.

I get that it's also played in the States, but probably less than 10% of our population pays any attention to it. The NHL never would have lasted as long as it has without the participation of the Canadian teams, IMO.

I realize that it's also very popular in other parts of the world. But ice hockey is a way of life in Canada. I believe it's the national sport.

I get that it's also played in the States, but probably less than 10% of our population pays any attention to it. The NHL never would have lasted as long as it has without the participation of the Canadian teams, IMO.
Lacrosse is the National Sport of Canada.

Reactions: Hacksaw
It’s like 70 degrees in Nashville today. Just keep it in the cold weather cities.
Some hockey fans don't mind warmth. It is cool to see the game in Buffalo with the snow falling etc, but really, only a few would gripe. Problem is rain. Snow is much nicer to watch hockey in.

BUT... if it does happen, or an event like it. I would love for UT to put every penny of profit back into the stadium. Just paint the the places where the rust is. Embarrassing really. I was in the upper deck this summer doing a recon on my seats. Took the picture below. Thought, oh, they'll get to this by kickoff. Nope.. it's been like this a while. This is section AA. That section of upper deck was put in there in the 60s It's like a battleship that needs paint.

Attachments

• rust1.jpg
    rust1.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 4
  • rust2.jpg
    rust2.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 4
  • rust3.jpg
    rust3.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 5
  • rust4.jpg
    rust4.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 5
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Ice hockey is basically just a cross between field hockey and figure skating.
I used to think the same things, but one game was all it took. I suggest a trip to Nashville for a game. It rocks. Heck, you might even like it!

Reactions: Hacksaw
UT needs to investigate ways for Neyland to generate more revenue (concerts, hockey, whatever). The money can be used to remodel the stadium.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I doubt the University would ever let something like this happen. I have often wondered why they haven't pushed for a bowl game over the years. 100,000+ seat stadium in a great area? I figure Haslam could have sponsored it.... The Pilot Flying J Bail Money Bowl......

Could not help myself, sorry

I used to think the same things, but one game was all it took. I suggest a trip to Nashville for a game. It rocks. Heck, you might even like it!

Oh, I've been to several NHL games. My first was back in the early-80's between the Washington Capitals and the New York Islanders at the old Cap Center in Landover, Maryland. I remember that the Caps had a big red-headed defenseman back then named Rod Langway who was one of the last guys to play without a helmet.

It's definitely more fun to watch games in person, but it just never really hooked me. I just think it's kind of a weird sport.

what they do is have neutral site game nash vs carolina... you draw basically any average fan from both states plus they are now trying to give "every team an out door game and those 2 of the current 9 to not have one... and take dallas off the list and any dumbass concern you have saying its too warm as its being playing in the cotten bowl next year. meets every requirement plus the whole historic factor in the venue

VN Store

Back