Preds outdoor game in Neyland, could it work.

Would you be interested in watching the Preds play in Neyland?

• Absolutely

Votes: 88 53.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 29 17.6%
  • Never

Votes: 27 16.4%

• Total voters
So......was Bristol failing too?

Well......yeah. NASCAR stock has been falling for the last decade or so. That's entirely why Bristol did it.

Without beer sales, Neyland wouldn't get it. Vanderbilt either. Beer and hockey are like peanut butter and jelly.

Neyland is hallowed ground. I wouldn't sully it with some goofy Canadian joke sport. What's next, an outdoor flea market?

If the UT has a dime and two pennies, they'd make this happen. Neyland is badly in need of upgrades and renovation. This would surely help pay for a chunk of it. Not to mention the national attention brought to the Vols foot ball brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I doubt the University would ever let something like this happen. I have often wondered why they haven't pushed for a bowl game over the years. 100,000+ seat stadium in a great area? I figure Haslam could have sponsored it.... The Pilot Flying J Circus Bowl......

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
If the NHL can play outdoors in LA I don't think they'd be too worried about it.
When was the winter classic in LA?

Welcome to the Winter Classic in 70 degree weather!! It’s stupid and won’t happen. Same reason bowl games aren’t held in buffalo or Canada.

Just read this article Could Nashville host NHL Winter Classic? League is interested and Predators believe they will

It’s essentially saying the NHL would like to do an outdoor game in the next year or two in Nashville. They can do it in an NFL stadium or college stadium, or if push comes to shove in a smaller park type setting.

The big issue is they need about 3 weeks of prep time, which could interfere with NFL schedules. The outdoor game is usually on New Years Day. Being a Vol fan I couldn’t help but think how amazing it would be to see it in Neyland.

Beside working it out with the school the biggest issue I see is that the fans would likely want to have it in Nashville. But still can’t help but dream about how interesting it would be! Also thinking about the game being held at Vandy makes me want to vomit.

Thoughts...

Oh and I’m placing it in the football section because it’s a question about Neyland Stadium.
If they ever did anything like that, i believe it would be in Nissan Stadium home of the Titans. Its in downtown Nashville. You would have a bigger turnout there.

Lmao. An ad hominem attack over a hockey game? This place, and some of the posters, never cease to amaze me.

SROTFLMAO
Says the guy that only wants football in Neyland. That's thinking small. I think use for Hockey once a year and then a Lacrosse Tourney in the spring would be great. But then single mindedness of the some of posters on VN, never ceases to amaze me.

VN Store

Back