'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

Best I’ve seen in person around Nashville in a long time. He would be instant impact.

Better than Jalen Ramsey?

Regardless, we need to get Lawrence.

I think he can play a " big" CB. And be used like a Ramsey or Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Reactions: peaygolf

I think he can play a " big" CB. And be used like a Ramsey or Minkah Fitzpatrick.
In HS......I'd say yes. I'm fortunate to have been able to see a lot of both in HS .... JMO. Now......if he performs like Ramsey did in college.....all good!:cool:

Reactions: LittleVol

Yeah, this kid will be a great pickup. I watched him in game action and at camps, you can instantly tell that he is a special athlete.

In HS......I'd say yes. I'm fortunate to have been able to see a lot of both in HS .... JMO. Now......if he performs like Ramsey did in college.....all good!:cool:

Imo...Keyshawn has no weaknesses in his game.
His speed is good. Not great.
But he reads and aniticipates the ball movement so well that there is no hesitation. So he gets from point A to B full speed.

Bigtime prospect.

But he reads and aniticipates the ball movement so well that there is no hesitation. So he gets from point A to B full speed.

Bigtime prospect.
I'm not going to start a thread and get killed if it's not done to "spec"....but another D2 DB from Nashville area (Antonio Stevens..BGA) is loaded with talent as well. (3 star w/ multiple offers). Stock should rise when he camps. fwiw........

Reactions: LittleVol
t

Bigtime prospect.

Keyshawn is one of the fastest kids in the State. lol.. He didn't run track his 10th-grade year due to inquires but look at his 100 and 200 meters track time 9th-grade year. They aren't bad for a freshman. If I had to critique something about his game it would be that he doesn't have that killer mentality, he's a very nice kid.

I'm not going to start a thread and get killed if it's not done to "spec"....but another D2 DB from Nashville area (Antonio Stevens..BGA) is loaded with talent as well. (3 star w/ multiple offers). Stock should rise when he camps. fwiw........

Yes, Coach Roch Batten is a good coach and has a talented roster. Stevens is a good ballplayer, Safety would be his position at the next level. Its also two other players on BGA team with multiple D1 offer Briston Bennett and Garnett Hollis Jr. Personally, I think Bennett is the better ballplayer of them all.

Yes, Coach Roch Batten is a good coach and has a talented roster. Stevens is a good ballplayer, Safety would be his position at the next level. Its also two other players on BGA team with multiple D1 offer Briston Bennett and Garnett Hollis Jr. Personally, I think Bennett is the better ballplayer of them all.
Yeppers...and they have a few others. The qb has talent as well.

t

Keyshawn is one of the fastest kids in the State. lol.. He didn't run track his 10th-grade year due to inquires but look at his 100 and 200 meters track time 9th-grade year. They aren't bad for a freshman. If I had to critique something about his game it would be that he doesn't have that killer mentality, he's a very nice kid.

Most recent time i could find was 11.5.

“It’s going good,” Lawrence said. “I have been talking to Clemson, Tennessee, Auburn and LSU a lot.

“Usually we talk about where they can play me whether it’s safety or corner. We talk about a lot of school stuff as well not just football. Picking a school is not just about football.”

Lawrence as already been active on the recruiting trail, making numerous unofficial visits.

“I haven’t been to LSU yet but I will definitely take an offensive visit there. I have been to Clemson twice, Auburn twice, and I can’t remember how many times I’ve been to Tennessee."

The plan for Lawrence is to see Tennessee again as he plans to visit for a junior day in the coming weeks. As for his official visits, Lawrence will wait and take them in the fall.

“I will do my official visits during season so I can see atmosphere at the game,” Lawrence said. “Also, I want to see how everyone treats each other. What players do off the field. I want to see how the culture is and how everything is there.”

Lawrence speaks regularly to the Vol coaching staff and has been impressed with Jeremy Pruitt and company.

“I talk to coach Fair a lot,” Lawrence said. “I talk with coach Pruitt and really a lot of coaches from there honestly.”

As for Pruitt himself, Lawrences likes what he sees and hears.

“He’s one of the best coordinators,” Lawrence said. “How can you not be impressed with what he has done with all the db’s like Jalen ‘ramsey and others. He’s a cool dude. He’s really honest with you. I watched him coach on the practice field and he gets after it.”
-Hubbs

VN Store

Back