'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

What was the QB name from Alabama that was big on us. I think he even had a relative post on here. I can’t remember his name but I like him more than Maurer. I was wondering if he signed anywhere. Any help?

What was the QB name from Alabama that was big on us. I think he even had a relative post on here. I can’t remember his name but I like him more than Maurer. I was wondering if he signed anywhere. Any help?

Dunno but guess what.... we got Maurer and he was part of the Elite 11. Deal with it You.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Unless JG misses games, it would be foolhardy to mess up his redshirt year.

Agreed. I also think the next starting QB will depend on who the new OC is. If they want someone more mobile I dunno if you will see JG (Even though he is more experienced).

So you bash our "Alabama coaching staff" but love that they recruited an Alabama QB commit? Troll shoes.

It's crazy how last year Shrout was supposed to push for playing time according to some. Now he's got a year in the system and the S&C program and is in 3rd place behind an incoming freshman.

It's crazy how last year Shrout was supposed to push for playing time according to some. Now he's got a year in the system and the S&C program and is in 3rd place behind an incoming freshman.

I think JG should be worried this coming year. If Shrout shows consistency he could push JG for a starting spot. JG played decent last year but nothing he did set him heads above Shrout or Maurer. That being said if JG puts the work in he should be able to keep his starting spot. Hopefully whoever the QB is next year they play better then we did this year. Especially with hopefully a vastly improved OL.

So you bash our "Alabama coaching staff" but love that they recruited an Alabama QB commit? Troll shoes.
No, you misunderstood me. The kid wasn’t committed to the Crimson Tide. He is from the state of Alabama. Maybe his last name was Brown? I can’t remember

I think JG should be worried this coming year. If Shrout shows consistency he could push JG for a starting spot. JG played decent last year but nothing he did set him heads above Shrout or Maurer. That being said if JG puts the work in he should be able to keep his starting spot. Hopefully whoever the QB is next year they play better then we did this year. Especially with hopefully a vastly improved OL.
I think the real improvement needs to come from the oline. I feel like most of the bad plays JG made was due to her knew he was going to get drilled. It also made it hard on the passing game when our running game wasn't very good. I agree with you on Shrout. I think if JG doesn't improve in some areas and Shrout puts in the work JG could lose his spot. I don't think he will though.

VN Store

Back