Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no idea. This is all speculation. No one knows anything substantial except there won't be a hire until after ESD.
i will say this that post about Streeter peaked my interest. that one made sense, for simply spitballing names.........

i will say this that post about Streeter peaked my interest. that one made sense, for simply spitballing names.........
It definitely did make sense that he would take an OC job somewhere but not sure it's UT. I would love the hire if it happened. He's called plays for a few years at Richmond, coached QB's at Clemson for a few years and is their recruiting coordinator. He certainly checks some boxes.

It appears Chris Lowe, Brent Hubbs, and Austin Price are all just as clueless as well. All 5 have put some stuff out there during this search which has turned out to be inaccurate.
In all seriousness...what is more likely: all of usually pretty good media members including low just being absolutely clueless or Pruitt struggling finding an OC as a first time HC.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
I know that Saban likes to help reform coaches but this is too much. Definitely could use that to negative recruit, to say the least.

The fall of Bammer begins.
MetallicRapidGreatargus-small.gif

Reactions: AaronUT and JCP201
In all seriousness...what is more likely: all of usually pretty good media members including low just being absolutely clueless or Pruitt struggling finding an OC as a first time HC.
i don't think anyone would tell you that it taking this long is good, or was "the plan".

but for all the monday morning qb'ing we did back when we hired Dooley and talked about all the things we should have done, one of those being it would have been better to pass on hiring dooley, promote K Brown as the interim, and reset the search so as not to make a decade long mistake.

well, a decade later, who knows.....that may have been the right call?

so if things have gone belly up on pruitt and there is a struggle, that's certainly not the time to rush. i would much rather them reset, and start over vs. winding up with another dave clawson or sunseri type hire that gets us nowhere, and likely on to another HC search w/in the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back