The Kitchens OC Little Board

Does anyone in here actually do research and think about things before spewing garbage our their mouth? To say the Haslem influence has to be slowed because of Kitchens is just seeing the word Cleveland and jumping off the cliff. Kitchens would be a Pruitt influenced choice way more than a Haslem influenced choice. Please people, settle down and put down the bong and allow this to play out.

Kitchens was one tough son of a gun. UT wore him out every year he played against us.
If he coaches as hard as he played he has to be one of the best in football. Not many QB's would have survived that 1996 game in Neyland like he did. That was absolutely brutal.

Kitchens is the only coach I have seen mentioned, other than Friend, that would run the style of offense that Pruitt wants to run. This makes total sense now that they want to delay the announcement.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Does anyone in here actually do research and think about things before spewing garbage our their mouth? To say the Haslem influence has to be slowed because of Kitchens is just seeing the word Cleveland and jumping off the cliff. Kitchens would be a Pruitt influenced choice way more than a Haslem influenced choice. Please people, settle down and put down the bong and allow this to play out.

Exactly .... Pruitt, Friend, and Kitchens are very close

I wouldn't be ecstatic. But I also wouldn't be upset. And why not go ahead and announce it if the team's not going to the postseason? He's more of an "interim" anyways after Haley was fired.

And this is why we will never get back to the top of the SEC. If we hire Kitchens as OC i lost faith in the higher ups at UT. This is why we will never get a big time coach, because the top people at Tennessee will not let him hire who he wants to make us better. Smells like Haslam name all over this.

Why do you say that? From what I've seen, Kitchens would be a phenomenal hire. He's creative, players like him, and he's developed Mayfield nicely. Cleveland's offense has been better than expected this year, especially after Kitchens became OC. There is talk he'll be a candidate for an NFL HC job. This would be an absolute home run hire.

Why do you say that? From what I've seen, Kitchens would be a phenomenal hire. He's creative, players like him, and he's developed Mayfield nicely. Cleveland's offense has been better than expected this year, especially after Kitchens became OC. There is talk he'll be a candidate for an NFL HC job. This would be an absolute home run hire.

I dont see him coming to ur, if he is that good Cleveland will offer him more than we would

And this is why we will never get back to the top of the SEC. If we hire Kitchens as OC i lost faith in the higher ups at UT. This is why we will never get a big time coach, because the top people at Tennessee will not let him hire who he wants to make us better. Smells like Haslam name all over this.

Dude relax.....Pruitt, Friend, Kitchens are close friends. Maybe do a little research before you say something.

it is better to be thought a fool, then it is to speak and remove all doubt.

Cleveland fans think they will get Bruce Arians as he has publicly said it's the only job he would take if he were to coach again. Arians would have experience coordinators he has relationships with which would put Kitchens out of a job.

I think it is Kitchens and will be announce next Monday. They may be waiting on the Browns being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. I believe Kitchens meets the requirements that AtlantaVol said in his post last week. I'm still holding out a little hope for Briles though.

I admit to knowing nothing about him as a coach because I don’t follow the NFL. A quick search seems to Indicate that he coached multiple positions on some pretty good offensive teams in AZ. I want to believe that we could land a guy like this but it seems naive to think he would leave the League to come to college.

Since Greg Williams took over as HC and Kitchens was promoted to OC the Browns are (3-2) overall has scored more than 21 points in 4 of the 5 games (21, 28, 35 and 26) the lone game being (13 points at Houston).

They could end the season at (8-7-1) as they have games left @ Denver, vs. Bengals and @ Ravens.

Kitchens is the only coach I have seen mentioned, other than Friend, that would run the style of offense that Pruitt wants to run. This makes total sense now that they want to delay the announcement.

So what type of offense does Pruitt want?

The bigger concern IMO is that a staff that consists of only Bamers is ready-made for a move to Bama if Saban retires. I don't really care that some of our coaches come from a rival school so much as I care if they are all coming from the same rival school.
Did you see the crapshow that Pruitt put on the field this year? Seriously doubt he’s anywhere near their short list at this point.

VN Store

Back