The Kitchens OC Little Board

cgrish

I wouldn't be ecstatic. But I also wouldn't be upset. And why not go ahead and announce it if the team's not going to the postseason? He's more of an "interim" anyways after Haley was fired.
And I think the only way we would get him is if he is not hired by Cleveland. I dont believe it is him. I predict propst, and if it is, an announcement will be made Wed. Night or Thur.

MyBloodRunnethOrange

Certified VN Addict
The bigger concern IMO is that a staff that consists of only Bamers is ready-made for a move to Bama if Saban retires. I don't really care that some of our coaches come from a rival school so much as I care if they are all coming from the same rival school.
They would have to be successful here before the evil empire would even consider them

Bucket18

Kitckens 24-36 month stay to help life long friend have success. Limited recruiting as in monte kiffin. Made more real by Browns changing coaches in 3 weeks. Heck,
Kiffin brought chaney and monte from the nfl. Im not sure why all the disbelief.
Seems plenty logical to me. C6D52B6C-D7BD-4D71-935D-7C49A49330DE.jpeg

Quaint88

Whale-Gnome Member
Am I wrong or has he only been an OC for a few weeks with Cleveland? He’s done a good job but I did not see where he was an OC before, mostly coached TE and RB.
That's what I'm seeing as well. He's the RB coach who took over the offense after the mid-season firings several weeks ago. Other than the nepotism angle, I don't see how anybody could stretch this guy into being a serious candidate.

johnrlansford

Kitchens is the only coach I have seen mentioned, other than Friend, that would run the style of offense that Pruitt wants to run. This makes total sense now that they want to delay the announcement.
Why is everyone assuming what type of Offense Pruitt wants to Run, I know he said we are going to run the ball. Nut every person he has interviewed runs a spread you out and throw it offense.

Obviously we are all putting Pruitt's offensive philosophy in a box that he isn't limiting himself too!

I think Pruitt sees that successful offenses in this league and across the country are what is winning football games. Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma and Alabama all run a high powered offense that throws the Ball a lot. They all run the ball well too but they have changed their offenses for the better in the last few years, and I think Pruitt is following that trend, Pretty smart if you ask me!

twigsxx2

The only memory I have of Freddie Kitchens is taking a snap, moving behind his right guard and right tackle, split second before Leonard Little flat layed him out. Complete pancake, first thing to hit the ground was Kitchens name on the back of his jersey. Good memory.

Jaws

Why wouldn’t the deal already be done and announced? It’s Cleveland for God’s sake. What the hell are they in contention for?

Why wouldn’t the deal already be done and announced? It’s Cleveland for God’s sake. What the hell are they in contention for?
Technically, they have not been eliminated from the playoffs, but I'm sure they will be soon. Some people have suggested that the delay may have to be due to contractual obligations, but nobody really knows. It's probably someone else anyway.

VN Store

Sponsors