*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

When it comes to hiring, never trust ANY information unless it comes directly from the University. Look at the source of this announcement in the opening post. Have you ever heard of “The Midday 180?” No representative of the University would ever say that it’s 95% done....

This was another hose job.

Kendal Briles?
ill allow it.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Um. Is it legal to fly one of your players on a private plane to get ankle rehab?
Tide flying Tua in private plane to aid ankle rehab

This is no different from SEC media days.

When representing the school, the players, along with coaches, can use school resources.

He went to the awards show with a medical trainer onboard. Not like he’s flying to Dr. Andrews for surgery.

Read the rest of the story where it says Bama to Teterboro. This is a non story at all.

I hate Bama but if you have a problem with this, I guess you oughta raise hell when UT flies players privately to SEC Media days.

Reactions: jbuchanan
It is possible that Pruitt reached out to Scott to see if he was interested in an interview. Scott probably declined because he is already an OC at the #2 in the country, although it be a Co-OC position. I probably would have turned down the offer as well.

It is possible that Pruitt reached out to Scott to see if he was interested in an interview. Scott probably declined because he is already an OC at the #2 in the country, although it be a Co-OC position. I probably would have turned down the offer as well.
This would be the worst time for anybody on that offensive staff to leave.. when Lawrence is a junior they will break records and be in line for high profile head coaching jobs

Wow, this search is almost as crazy as the last one. I am not sure who Pruitt will hire but I hope it is soon and the hire helps pull in some recruits and gets the fan base excited. It has been a long season.

Here’s some of the names on the board I have heard discussed on here.

Hugh Freeze: HC at Liberty. No one is sure why he a deal to UT never happened.

Chip Lindsey: OC at Kansas. I thought he would be the guy.

Dan Enos: possibly in play but most likely will get the nod at Bama.

Jeff Scott: staying at Clemson. Not sure how serious discusssions were.

Kendall Briles: May have some of the same issues as Freeze in getting approved by UT Admin, the SEC, Boosters, or whoever supposedly blocked the Freeze hire.

Who does that leave?

Eli Drinkwitz: not sure the fan base will be thrilled about this hire.

Neal Brown: not sure he would step back from HC to be an OC again.

George Quarles: I think would be a great hire.

Rush Probst: as a position coach or off he field role, yes. OC....No.

Chip Long: not sure he would leave ND at this point but perhaps after the playoffs.

Jim Chaney: UGA would be crazy to let him walk. Not sure he would leave Pittman behind.

Darrell Dickey: has ties to Texas so not sure would leave Jimbo at this point.

Freddie Kitchens: another solid hire with ties to Pruitt.

Bryan McClendon: would be a solid hire but may not leave SC for a lateral position.

Internal: multiple coaches on staff who Pruitt could promote but I think he needs a proven OC who has called plays for a while, preferably in the SEC.

VN Store

Back