*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

I think we'll all be a bit disappointed. But honestly it doesn't matter who the OC is. We're going to struggle on offense for a couple years. We're three years from having a new OL with any hope of being truly good.

I think we'll all be a bit disappointed. But honestly it doesn't matter who the OC is. We're going to struggle on offense for a couple years. We're three years from having a new OL with any hope of being truly good.

It absolutely matters who the OC is and can make a huge difference in year one

Have a gut feeling we aren’t going to like the results of this OC search. The longer this plays out, the more and more I become concerned that Pruitt wants to pull a Butch and only hire dudes he can control. The only way we hire a proven OC is to let that guy bring in his own people. Pruitt isn’t going to let that happen IMO.

It appears Dave Mathews doesn’t have a clue either. 90-95% done he said. Yeah ok. Fulmer pawn.
How do you know if this is true or not, it might be an NFL guy, there are NFL rules against coaches inquiring or interviewing before a certain date in the season. It's rare for an NFL guy to quit and go to the college game before the NFL season is finished.

Have a gut feeling we aren’t going to like the results of this OC search. The longer this plays out, the more and more I become concerned that Pruitt wants to pull a Butch and only hire dudes he can control. The only way we hire a proven OC is to let that guy bring in his own people. Pruitt isn’t going to let that happen IMO.

If that is the case, he will be fired in 4 years just like his predecessors

Now that we are considering the OC at UCF, Pruitt may be tying his own hands because a prosperctive OC is gonna consider a few things in coming here... that would be QB status and OL... both of which are wink links at UT... If CJP insists that his “Friend” coach the OL, you may have trouble getting the Mt UNION OC to come here. Subsequently, CJP may be looking for a job in 2 more years!

Reactions: onevol74
I don't think Will Friend is a good coach. But this year with the players he had is not conclusive proof of that.

As far as the idea no one will come here... yes I know everyone here has "ugly kid in high school" syndrome and thinks no one wants us. The reality is that when you can recruit top 15 classes are prepared to shell out over a million dollars in salary, you will get plenty of qualified candidates interested.

I think there are much more practical reasons to let an OC bring his own staff.

See: Bob Shoop and Butch's bumbling band of morons.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Now that we are considering the OC at UCF, Pruitt may be tying his own hands because a prosperctive OC is gonna consider a few things in coming here... that would be QB status and OL... both of which are wink links at UT... If CJP insists that his “Friend” coach the OL, you may have trouble getting the Mt UNION OC to come here. Subsequently, CJP may be looking for a job in 2 more years!
CJP will probable be looking for a job after next season. He will reap what he has sown. Poor decision after poor decision. Why did he hire an air raid up tempo OC in Helton and then demand that he have a run first power I offense. What coordinator in their right mind would ever want to work for Pruitt??????. Pruitt's stubborness will put him in the unemployed line. Albeit at the cost of a huge payout from UT.

Whats a wink link?

CJP will probable be looking for a job after next season. He will reap what he has sown. Poor decision after poor decision. Why did he hire an air raid up tempo OC in Helton and then demand that he have a run first power I offense. What coordinator in their right mind would ever want to work for Pruitt??????. Pruitt's stubborness will put him in the unemployed line. Albeit at the cost of a huge payout from UT.
I don't even have a response for you guys with responses like this....... I just don't get y'all's thinking at all. It's actually really frustrating.

I don't even have a response for you guys with responses like this....... I just don't get y'all's thinking at all. It's actually really frustrating.
Can you answer the question? Why did he hire a spread up tempo OC and demand that he scheme run first and power I???

Can you answer the question? Why did he hire a spread up tempo OC and demand that he scheme run first and power I???

Obviously they didn't discuss it before he was hired, Pruitt didn't even interview him. Pruitt's just an ex kindergarten teacher playing football coach.

There.

VN Store

Back