Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Tua in the game they were under 24 seconds per play. Would’ve been top 35 nationally. Their slow number was vastly inflated by the fact that they were milking the clock at the end of games.
I think that is a happy medium. We played so damn slow because we were trying to shorten games. When you are the most talented team you don't need to do that. I am not against some pace. In fact I think it's great when you can use it to keep defenses on the field. I just think schools that use it exclusively can't win in the SEC. Bame Certainly knows how to play in that great middle ground

Oh for sure. To be clear I'm all for Briles or Yurich. I like them all. Just would be strange to see Pruitt wanting that type of offense because I imagine him valuing a slower offense and a rested defense.
They’re not that rested after a string of 3 and outs.

Nice avi btw. I don’t think Pruitt is wanting slow ball control. He’s a gunner and aggressive. It goes back to coaching high school I think. All those guys like to be creative and make stuff happen. I dig it.
I believe most people think Pruitt literally wants to run the ball up the middle every down. That is not accurate in the slightest. I believe he wants to run the ball with creativity as well as mixing the play calling up on first downs as well. We need an offense that isn't predictable. That will open the run and pass game up a ton. So, I believe Pruitt wants an OC that is creative in his play calling. I'm guilty of it as well in this post even, but I get tired of hearing well that's what Pruitt wants or doesn't want. Ultimately, only Pruitt knows what he wants.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
I thought this tweet by Ubben sums it up nicely. He hasn't really claimed specifics of what's going but at least a he hasn't made himself look like an idiot throwing out info either.

I did the trial for a bit with the Athletic and Ubben does some good stuff. Nothing UT FB right now is worth $10/month lol but soon.

Reactions: Weezer
For reference, Briles ran THE fastest offense on the country. Ran 15ish-20 more plays per game than the top teams in the SEC. (averaged 88/game over the last 3 games.)

I think he could/would adapt. He won’t be able to play at near that pace here and be successful.
Your stats are clearly wrong. Houston ran 78.7 Plays/Game, Mizzou ran 78.1, A&M ran 77.7, LSU ran 75, ect..... bama ran 68

I believe most people think Pruitt literally wants to run the ball up the middle every down. That is not accurate in the slightest. I believe he wants to run the ball with creativity as well as mixing the play calling up on first downs as well. We need an offense that isn't predictable. That will open the run and pass game up a ton. So, I believe Pruitt wants an OC that is creative in his play calling. I'm guilty of it as well in this post even, but I get tired of hearing well that's what Pruitt wants or doesn't want. Ultimately, only Pruitt knows what he wants.
That all may be true but he damn sure didn't do a good job selling me that he wants a creative offense. Quite the contrary. That is one sample but it was an ugly one.

Reactions: Weezer
With Tua in the game they were under 24 seconds per play. Would’ve been top 35 nationally. Their slow number was vastly inflated by the fact that they were milking the clock at the end of games.

This. Bama is a totally different team.

I know fulmer and Art Briles are very good friends and for it to even get this far, i think Fulmer probably spoke with Art to get a better understanding of KBs roll in the Baylor stuff. I’m also pretty sure cutcliffe is very close with the briles family too.

So i would think there is a very good shot. I’m told briles is supposed to be on campus tomorrow. Don’t know if that’s 100%, could be interviewing somewhere else. I still don’t think Enos is really in the mix. So i would set the odds at KB being the favorite right now probably with Ok St guy being a pretty far off 2nd.
If Briles was involved in covering anything up and he has a soul, then I am sure he is wanting to drive as far away from anything title IX as anyone in CFB because he knows it will end his career like his dad.

I don't condone chit. I don't suggest he be our #1, but if he is I defend his right to forgiveness and moving on. If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it.

And yes I didn't want Schiano for a multitude of reasons and that would have been true if he never coached at Penn St. - we will still catch hell tho

Pruitt - "You have to be able to run the ball in this league. We're going to have a power run offense that creates explosive plays."

Half of VN - "PRUITT DOESN'T WANT A FAST PACED OFFENSE!"

One does not equate with the other. Pruitt wants to score points. You've got to think he feels that if he has an offense which can make the other team chase, then he will be chomping at the bit with all of the opportunities his defense will have to be aggressive and make plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back