Did Helton tank us?

It just occurred to me that Tyson Helton may have tanked the final 2 games. Think about it. After an impressive win against Kentucky, the team looked completely lost offensively against two teams that struggled defensively all year long. Helton had previous coaching experience with WKU, so it isn’t inconceivable that back channel talks occurred late in the season to gauge interest.

I’ll sit here with my aluminum foil hat on, but it certainly explains how clueless the offensive game plans were the last two weeks of the season.
Going to state the obvious here, it wasn’t the offense that tanked the last two games. 88 points allowed and blaming the offense?

Reactions: a vol n tears
Going to state the obvious here, it wasn’t the offense that tanked the last two games. 88 points allowed and blaming the offense?
stop....we have to blame it on someone. The players are infallible....so naturally we blame the coaches.

I doubt he purposely "tanked" but if he knew WKU was next it wouldn't surprise me if he spent a little less time in film, with players, with staff in game preparation in order to familiarize with WKU things. Not to mention the distraction it could create in-game.

The Alabama - Kiffen end points up what you are saying.

Coach Helton knew he was gone and so did Coach Pruitt...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Vandy was a game we should have been much more competitive in and weren’t.

This is the delusion of Vol fans. There was absolutely nothing about the 2018 team that should've led anyone to believe we would be more competitive with Vandy.

They barely lost to ND at ND by 5....they should've beaten Mizzou--or could've beaten Mizzou-at Mizzou....

Well if that's the case our defense tanked too in the Vandy game. I was at the game and Vandy's energy level was so much higher than ours. The execution was about as sharp as it could possibly be for Vandy etc...What the one reason is IDK nor do you. WE NEED PLAYERS...QUICK...end of story...and by the standards we've set this coaching staff coached out of their minds to beat Auburn and Kentucky this season...we cant have it both ways...

About a week after the Vandy game, I rewatched every offensive play for each team in slow motion, starting and stopping before the snap and then frame by frame as the play progressed. One thing was obvious, almost every offensive play by Vandy was well thought out and we'll executed. Tennessee's were less complex and even if JG had time, the receivers were not setup to be open and even if they caught a pass, there was not much of a chance they could gain any additional yards. Vandy looked disturbingly better coached.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but it is quite obvious you're sadomasochistic.

Reactions: basspond
Pretty sure Helton interviewing for WKU had nothing to do with our defense giving up 38 points to Vanderbilt, something like 36 to Mizzou, Keller Chryst's 2 interceptions against Mizzou, or the CFA fumble that lead to a Mizzou TD.

Helton could've devised the most brilliant game plan in the history of coaching, and we still lose both of those games.

This is the delusion of Vol fans. There was absolutely nothing about the 2018 team that should've led anyone to believe we would be more competitive with Vandy.

They barely lost to ND at ND by 5....they should've beaten Mizzou--or could've beaten Mizzou-at Mizzou....
Good talk, Russ.

It just occurred to me that Tyson Helton may have tanked the final 2 games. Think about it. After an impressive win against Kentucky, the team looked completely lost offensively against two teams that struggled defensively all year long. Helton had previous coaching experience with WKU, so it isn’t inconceivable that back channel talks occurred late in the season to gauge interest.

I’ll sit here with my aluminum foil hat on, but it certainly explains how clueless the offensive game plans were the last two weeks of the season.

Nice theory, I don't think he intentionally did this, but I agree, we didn't have the O output we could have had, it was downhill pretty fast after the K win. I'm not blaming anyone in particular, but everyone in particular must have had something to do with it.

Reactions: CA_Vol
I'm not a psychiatrist, but it is quite obvious you're sadomasochistic.
I just figured if someone as naive as me could see the problems, anyone could. However, there seems to be some evidence that Helton is the exception. Not good.

VN Store

Back