'19 TN DL Bill Norton

We have 5 silent commits right now. Shows 20 public but that’s really 19. Will have to trim a few guys if we make serious runs at guys late. Freeze could change our board late too. He’d be a game changer. Chip not as much. Enos same.
Who are the 5?

We have 5 silent commits right now. Shows 20 public but that’s really 19. Will have to trim a few guys if we make serious runs at guys late. Freeze could change our board late too. He’d be a game changer. Chip not as much. Enos same.
Is Jalil Clemons the one that is no longer committed?

Who are the 5?

Gray, Pappoe, Wright, K Brown, and Jammie Robinson.

Of those 5, Gray is the only one that’s locked but Wright and Pappoe are both 90% at least. K Brown would’ve been same except Mack Brown is pressing now at UNC so hopefully he sticks. Jammie is silent but more so on our end, as we’ve been honest with him about where we stand on DBs and overall numbers. If we miss on a few guys he will be in this class (Watson is an example but also just some of the unlikely 4/5* kids we are swinging at like Smith, Bogle, Crouch, T’oto’to). Felton has kept Jammie in the loop on where we are daily and if things change he will probably end up at USCjr.

Norton is the next closest thing IMO. Marshall is right there too. You replace Middleton and Henry with those two IF you close strong elsewhere as well. Not because Henry and Middleton aren’t good prospects, just numbers/needs.

Gray, Pappoe, Wright, K Brown, and Jammie Robinson.

Of those 5, Gray is the only one that’s locked but Wright and Pappoe are both 90% at least. K Brown would’ve been same except Mack Brown is pressing now at UNC so hopefully he sticks. Jammie is silent but more so on our end, as we’ve been honest with him about where we stand on DBs and overall numbers. If we miss on a few guys he will be in this class (Watson is an example but also just some of the unlikely 4/5* kids we are swinging at like Smith, Bogle, Crouch, T’oto’to). Felton has kept Jammie in the loop on where we are daily and if things change he will probably end up at USCjr.

Norton is the next closest thing IMO. Marshall is right there too. You replace Middleton and Henry with those two IF you close strong elsewhere as well. Not because Henry and Middleton aren’t good prospects, just numbers/needs.

I have always wondered how the recruiting underworld works. For instance, has the coaches told Lakia Henry that his spot is gone if Marshall commits. Or does Middleton know his spot is gone if we get Norton.

I have always wondered how the recruiting underworld works. For instance, has the coaches told Lakia Henry that his spot is gone if Marshall commits. Or does Middleton know his spot is gone if we get Norton.
I’m sure Pruitt tells all the recruits to follow the Vol Nation Recruiting Forum to see who is getting git shirts.

Middleton knows that straight up. It’s not just Norton specifically, but also our overall numbers. Just being transparent. If we flip Norton which is likely, yet miss a few others, we could slip Middleton on in.

Honestly the message to Henry isn’t as direct. I don’t know exactly how that’s been laid out but he’s looked around and so are we. You don’t wanna scare Henry off and then miss those other kids. Too early. Just gotta play that one really well.

Last edited:
Do we even want this kid?

ef8.jpg

Reactions: Smokeytom
I'd argue that DL is a priority, if not the priority for this class, with the guys we're losing to graduation this year, so I'd think that if Norton wants to jump on board, he'll have a spot.
He has a spot but he doesn't want to jump on board. This recruit is contingent on if he wants to be utilized how UGA wants to utilize him.

Reactions: Creamsicle82
My Georgia co-worker told me Norton said last night to a reporter that "I'm going to Georgia and that's final". I haven't seen that written anywhere but this guy isn't a liar, he's either seen it or hopefully got bad info. Has anybody else seen this? If true it sounds like the kid is slamming the door.

My Georgia co-worker told me Norton said last night to a reporter that "I'm going to Georgia and that's final". I haven't seen that written anywhere but this guy isn't a liar, he's either seen it or hopefully got bad info. Has anybody else seen this? If true it sounds like the kid is slamming the door.
I have read nothing outside of insider drive-by's leading me to believe this is false. He is as much sold on UGA as Logue is.

Gonna go brush my teeth

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

VN Store

Back