Tennessee Vols have settled on unknown candidate for offensive coordinator position

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Report: Tennessee Vols have settled on unknown candidate for offensive coordinator position

So who could it be?

Well, with Hugh Freeze looking unlikely to come to Knoxville, and more like he’ll end up in Tuscaloosa, it seems like Alabama quarterbacks coach Dan Enos would make a lot of sense.
Enos has play calling experience in the SEC (he was the OC at Arkansas from 2015-17). And his offense is fairly balanced. In 2015 and 2016, Arkansas was one of only two programs in the country with a 3,000 yard passer and a 1,300 yard rusher Injuries took their toll on Arkansas in 2017, which led to a coaching change. Enos wasn’t retained by new Razorbacks head coach Chad Morris.

Had Enos been retained, the only way he could’ve went to another SEC school was for a head coaching job. That’s how much Arkansas thought of him. Nick Saban, for what it’s worth, also thinks highly of Enos, telling 247Sports earlier this year “I think Dan has really helped them understand exactly what the expectation is on every play. And that comes through really good teaching and preparation through the course of the week.”Enos’ offensive philosophy is as close to Pruitt’s as any of the other candidate. He would make a ton of sense for the Volunteers. Other names to keep an eye on are Matt Canada, Eli Drinkwitz and Rush Propst.

I'll be pumped if it's Canada. I love his offense and believe he can turn us into a well oiled machine.

Enos would be okay too. Looks like we'll know soon.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Here's a name to chew on, Jim chaney

Chaney's contract is up after 2018, making 920k at Georgia and rumblings that he isn't happy not getting to coach qbs at georgia.

We just happen to have an OC job open that has to also be the QB coach....

Good news. Seems to me with the advent of the ESD you want these positions filled ASAP to both keep recruiting momentum and to reassure likely ESD commits to hold. in prior years this could have been a late December hire with little impact, but I wish this had gone quicker.

That said, I'd advise everyone to temper expectations. This is Tennessee. I expect a vanilla/dud kind of hire - which hopefully won't impact recruiting.

Propst is my guess if its not a Friend promotion. If any SEC school is gonna hire a HS coach directly into a coordinator position, it's us. Bet he'll be cheaper than the other alternatives as well.

Reactions: 08Vol
Swain is having a special broadcast tomorrow night to discuss the OC hire...maybe he knows something is coming? .... oh maybe its just to discuss where we are not sure

Here's a name to chew on, Jim chaney

Chaney's contract is up after 2018, making 920k at Georgia and rumblings that he isn't happy not getting to coach qbs at georgia.

We just happen to have an OC job open that has to also be the QB coach....

I would take Chaney in a heartbeat. Better hire than Freeze, IMO.

VN Store

Back