For the Masses Wanting Freeze

Dissecting Hugh Freeze's Hurry Up No Huddle
Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.
BY MOR TICKITZ!!!!!!! Cohnbrade!!!!!!!!

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.

How about the informed masses that are fully aware of the Offense he ran. I just looked up the roster and their OL in 2015 had more size then our current OL so I guess thats somewhat a myth that he didn't have a big OL. His offense had good sized linemen with really good mobile tackles. The OL blocking scheme still pretty similar in that they zone blocked. Big difference in the job of their TE/HB though. Jones rarely led blocked with his HB/TE. They almost always backside blocked trying to really confuse the defense into pursuing the backside. Obviously the reason our running backs were hit behind the line or right at the line most plays. Rarely did we see an actual hole for them to hit. Another big difference is the TE's. He had bigger bodied WR's basically playing TE. Much like we had Croom with the exception that he actually used his TE's in the passing game.

At this point I really could care less who we hire. Its not like any of us really have a voice on it anyway. I do feel like Freeze would be a good addition for his recruiting prowess.

Freeze and his offense is the only one on the market that has beaten Saban twice. Something not many have been able to do. I'd rather have him here than let Saban hire him and wax us for 10 more years.
Too much logic. Don't you know that fans are incapable of knowing anything and all coaches and ADs always make the right and perfect decision in their hires? That's why our football program has had such stellar, incomparable results the last fifteen years. It's our job just to shut up and take whatever they deem to give us while forking out our money that pays their salaries and keeps the program afloat.

My thoughts is that the Freeze deal is froze mainly because of that Briarcrest stuff. After reading some of it I have to say I tend to agree may need to pass the guy by. He may have matured and want be creepy anymore but I think some of the things he was doing at Briarcrest are a lot weirder than hiring call girls. He didn't seem to ever step way over the line but still some of the things he did would make me want to beat the crap out of him if it was my kid. I realize we want a great OC and he is good at that but I am not going to be one to condemn Tennessee if they pass him by. JMO.

Last edited:
Who said I didn’t want Freeze, internet smart azz? It looks to me like he’s the best available candidate. Why wouldn’t you pursue the best available candidate? If we haven’t, that’s a problem.

Your the one that knows everything, and you didn't even attempt to answer my question.

It's been well documented that Freeze DID pay kids to come play for him and that was a huge help in getting the kids that helped him win.

Many say he's a great recruiter but it's easy to recruit when you cheat and pay the players.

If he comes to UT then the NCAA will be watching us like a hawk.

Can Freeze really recruit well if he's not cheating and paying the kids and their family to come play for him?

I seriously wonder about that.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
How about the informed masses that are fully aware of the Offense he ran. I just looked up the roster and their OL in 2015 had more size then our current OL so I guess thats somewhat a myth that he didn't have a big OL. His offense had good sized linemen with really good mobile tackles. The OL blocking scheme still pretty similar in that they zone blocked. Big difference in the job of their TE/HB though. Jones rarely led blocked with his HB/TE. They almost always backside blocked trying to really confuse the defense into pursuing the backside. Obviously the reason our running backs were hit behind the line or right at the line most plays. Rarely did we see an actual hole for them to hit. Another big difference is the TE's. He had bigger bodied WR's basically playing TE. Much like we had Croom with the exception that he actually used his TE's in the passing game.

At this point I really could care less who we hire. Its not like any of us really have a voice on it anyway. I do feel like Freeze would be a good addition for his recruiting prowess.

But.....But......he played college FOOTBALL!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I'm with you for the most part....never understood the adulation of Freeze. Yes, he beat Bama twice, but he lost quite a few games he shouldn't have and overall record was about 5 wins better than Jones in the same number of years in the SEC. Not to mention the 0'fer year due to sanctions. He may work out as an OC, but don't think the evidence is "that" strong that he's a home run anymore than Jones turnout not to be.
Yes, and of course we went to a New Year's Six bowl under Jones and were ranked #1 in the country for multiple weeks at one point, just like Ole Miss did under Freeze. This argument has no holes at all and is a perfect and accurate representation of Freeze's coaching ability compared to Jones.

Freeze and his offense is the only one on the market that has beaten Saban twice. Something not many have been able to do. I'd rather have him here than let Saban hire him and wax us for 10 more years.
Kirby has beaten him or at least held him on the ropes....Coaching and halftime adjustments and a change of QB is what has cost Georgia.

The best way to beat Alabama is to line up and to out physical them....on both sides of the ball...Need players to do that and we don't have them....

I didn't see CJP playing 2nd Fiddle to CHF....and that is where we were headed if Freeze was hired....CJP would have been uncut by CHF....

LOL, Sir I played College ball and I know more about a coaching seasrch for existing players than you ever could imagine. Made Little all American my Spoh and Jr years at a at the time Div 1AA school. Clueless? Rethink you're wording sir. I have forgotten more football than you will ever know. FACT! What kills me is arm chairs that were legends in City League that can't grasp big boy football. You sir fit into the clueless category. They don't hand out Little all American at A div 1AA school to non players. I played college ball, did you? Doubt it. I played ball at Livingston University and my roomate was Kelley Kiner who was Steve Kiners Bother. Greatest LB that ever played for UT and I'm still great friends with Steve. I don't know alot but I know football, and if we hire a rpo coach our recruiting class is toast. Do the math.

I don't care that you played at Livingston University, your accolades are meaningless to me. I did play but that's also not a precursor for you to come on here and claim your holier than thou stance. Just because a coach ran a system at a previous stop doesn't mean he's married to it and if you know football you should know that. You don't know what conversation Pruitt has had with any candidates about what philosophy he would like to see here. For the record, I don't think Freeze is coming here

Impressive O...maybe, but the West thing gets old...especially when you consider he lost to Vandy twice, UGA, Mizzou and UF....plus embarrassing loss to Memphis. IMO, he way too much credit for beating UA twice...while losing a fair amount of other games.
Completely agree. I've cited a lot of numbers elsewhere pointing to the same thing. To add to what you say: only scored 10, 10, 10, 17, and 26 in the SEC losses you listed.

Reactions: JC61
Serious question ... not being argumentative.
Who does fit what CJP wants to do offensively. I don't believe Helton did, and I'm not sure who does.
Could be wrong, but since Pruitt wants to be more Bama-ish in style of play, if Enos is on the board, and not promoted, I'd think he'd line up pretty well w/ Pruitt.

Reactions: preacherwebb
It's been well documented that Freeze DID pay kids to come play for him and that was a huge help in getting the kids that helped him win.

Many say he's a great recruiter but it's easy to recruit when you cheat and pay the players.

If he comes to UT then the NCAA will be watching us like a hawk.

Can Freeze really recruit well if he's not cheating and paying the kids and their family to come play for him?

I seriously wonder about that.

VFL...GBO!!!
I assume you don't think Bama cheats and pays players.

Why do you trust Pruitt? What has he done to earn your trust?

Talk with a country accent?
Say "aight" a million times?
Put on an orange shirt?

If Freeze's offense doesn't fit Pruitt's "system", then Pruitt needs to change his system to fit Freeze.

And in case I'm not being clear enough...... Freeze. Is. A. Better. Coach. Than. Pruitt.

Reactions: T-TownVol
Yes, and of course we went to a New Year's Six bowl under Jones and were ranked #1 in the country for multiple weeks at one point, just like Ole Miss did under Freeze. This argument has no holes at all and is a perfect and accurate representation of Freeze's coaching ability compared to Jones.

not we didn't, but the record is the record, which indicates overall, he was on par w/ Jones' record.....and for the record, I don't think they were ever ranked #1....for even 1 week. They did make it to 3 a couple years, which aint shabby.

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

His system doesn't fit what Pruitt wants to do here yet Pruitt met with him about the job, hmmmmm??

I disagree. I played against and coached against Freeze's offenses while he coached at Briarcrest. They looked different than what he ran at Arky State and Ole Miss. Freeze knew he couldn't run a pro-style offense at Ole Miss because he would never have the athletes to compete with LSU, Auburn, and Bama. Freeze molded his offenses to what fit his personnel the best.

I have concerns with Freeze but the offensive fit is way down the list....

This. Saban put in adjustments to offense this year based on Freezes analysis and recommendations.

Freeze can adjust his style to personnel and preferences.

That said, I'm choosing to trust that Pruitt will get who he thinks is best on all factors.

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

Sooo... success and winning doesn't fit what CJP wants here? Maybe we really screwed up in our last big hire. And I'm fairly certain you are wrong based on what we are hearing today. CJP apparently wants Freeze but his boss won't sign off on it.

P.S. You lap dogs kill me.

Why do you trust Pruitt? What has he done to earn your trust?

Talk with a country accent?
Say "aight" a million times?
Put on an orange shirt?

If Freeze's offense doesn't fit Pruitt's "system", then Pruitt needs to change his system to fit Freeze.

And in case I'm not being clear enough...... Freeze. Is. A. Better. Coach. Than. Pruitt.

pppfff sir

you forgot Cornbread :)

VN Store

Back