For the Masses Wanting Freeze

Clue in the uninformed masses why we interviewed Lindsey and Freeze then. Or did the media just get that wrong.

Reactions: T-TownVol
I'm with you for the most part....never understood the adulation of Freeze. Yes, he beat Bama twice, but he lost quite a few games he shouldn't have and overall record was about 5 wins better than Jones in the same number of years in the SEC. Not to mention the 0'fer year due to sanctions. He may work out as an OC, but don't think the evidence is "that" strong that he's a home run anymore than Jones turnout not to be.
Ole Miss was in the SEC west and is historically a doormat program in the West. I'm not saying Freeze is the only OC that can help us get better but the offense Ole Miss ran was pretty impressive IMO.

Dissecting Hugh Freeze's Hurry Up No Huddle
Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.
Thanks jimmy

Reactions: lifeisdeep
What we need is a Head Coach Believing that his OC sees what he's recruiting for, and where his program is going or where he wants them to go. Personally, I never see UT being in a hurray up offense unless in a 2 min drill. You cant stop and change an entire recruiting class to appease what the fans want. We will be a smash mouth team because CJP is recruiting for that and if you want an RPO, Hurry Up Offense then go else where to our fans. You aren't getting it here. Smash mouth and Defense wins championships if the ignorant fans will just leave this man alone then we will be fine.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Ole Miss was in the SEC west and is historically a doormat program in the West. I'm not saying Freeze is the only OC that can help us get better but the offense Ole Miss ran was pretty impressive IMO.

Impressive O...maybe, but the West thing gets old...especially when you consider he lost to Vandy twice, UGA, Mizzou and UF....plus embarrassing loss to Memphis. IMO, he way too much credit for beating UA twice...while losing a fair amount of other games.

Dissecting Hugh Freeze's Hurry Up No Huddle
Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.

You kill me.

Who seems to be a good fit for Coach Pruitt?
Canada
Enos
A number of NFL guys (Cooter, Kitchens)
Chaney (doubt if he would be available)
Bobo (flame away)
Streeter
Probably a number of others.
Philosophy is obviously important. How they adjust on the fly, how they respond when it's nut-cutting time, how they develop players are more important. Unless UT promises everyone on this board free curly fries at Arby's, someone on here is not going to be happy. Probably the Fuller brush guy.

Bear, If you want Freeze then so be it, but remember this, we don't have the athletes to run his offense which our recruiting class shows. Open you're eyes sir,,,,,,,,, You're one of the few that I have't ignored on this site but OUR recruiting class would have to change for a freeze hire.

Offensive geniuses adapt their system to their personnel. This was a big flaw with Butch Jones, his system was put above the personnel.

If Bama takes Freeze from us; I take Enos and Hurts from Bama. CJP might not raid Bama our of respect, but if they fire first?

If it’s not Freeze and never was, I think a lot of folks would have been okay with that. The admin is making the same mistake they made during the Gruden fiasco. If there’s no way in h$ll that you’re going to hire someone, then kill the rumors early. Otherwise, it builds to a ________or bust mentality and gives the appearance of incompetence.The fans find out after the fact that coach_____ was never considered and the fans get pissed. That scenario is giving the administration some benefit of the doubt. 10+ years of this crap suggests that nobody up there knows what the h$ll they’re doing.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
If it’s not Freeze and never was, I think a lot of folks would have been okay with that. The admin is making the same mistake they made during the Gruden fiasco. If there’s no way in h$ll that you’re going to hire someone, then kill the rumors early. Otherwise, it builds to a ________or bust mentality and gives the appearance of incompetence.The fans find out after the fact that coach_____ was never considered and the fans get pissed. That scenario is giving the administration some benefit of the doubt. 10+ years of this crap suggests that nobody up there knows what the h$ll they’re doing.

But what if we want Freeze, but he is holding out for the Bama job. How would you address that, pr expert?

What we need is a Head Coach Believing that his OC sees what he's recruiting for, and where his program is going or where he wants them to go. Personally, I never see UT being in a hurray up offense unless in a 2 min drill. You cant stop and change an entire recruiting class to appease what the fans want. We will be a smash mouth team because CJP is recruiting for that and if you want an RPO, Hurry Up Offense then go else where to our fans. You aren't getting it here. Smash mouth and Defense wins championships if the ignorant fans will just leave this man alone then we will be fine.

Your football knowledge is disproved with every post.
Just because our OL recruits are bigger than what we have had, in NO WAY means they can not run ANY offense. Most other P5 schools run up tempo offenses with much bigger linemen than we have.

Listen, I'd love to have freeze, but if you got him today, it'd only be for a year, maybe two at the most. Just let CJP do his job. It'll be fine.

Many opinions expressed here go from one end of the spectrum to the other. That's why Pruitt and Fulmer are paid the big bucks to sort through them. They have the football knowledge and perspective on the direction they want to program to go. We have to trust them to decide and make it happen. THEN CRITICIZE THE HELL OUT OF THEM IN VN FASHION.

Well, I don't want any of that sissy, two-hand touch hurry up crap. I started watching the Oklahoma game the other day and the Sooners was about to score with a minute and a half left in the first quarter. That was five touchdowns scored in the first quarter. I turned the channel ......... game was too boring with all that scoring. Sickening....thats not football - don't want any part of that left wing liberal version of football.

Reactions: T-TownVol
But what if we want Freeze, but he is holding out for the Bama job. How would you address that, pr expert?

Who said I didn’t want Freeze, internet smart azz? It looks to me like he’s the best available candidate. Why wouldn’t you pursue the best available candidate? If we haven’t, that’s a problem.

Reactions: preacherwebb
What does Canada run? seriously, I know not

I think we're gonna be hard pressed to find a college OC that specializes what CJP wants to run.
High school and college game has gone to spread, rpo, qb read option, ect...
Pro style is probably gonna be found in ... the Pro's.

I've wondered about 2 guys.
IF, Jim Bob Cooter gets fired, he is one of Fulmer's guys. Seems I remember hearing Fulmer and Peyton helped him get his foot in the door in the league.
Also, Freddie Kitchens ... goes way back with Pruitt and may not be retained by the new staff.

Just some thoughts for discussion.

VN Store

Back