ESPN reporting Locksley to Maryland.

What does Freeze Accomplish by going to Bama.....Nothing except coaching 4* & 5* talent.

Taking a job at another School in or out of the SEC and beating him is more worthy of recognition than hopping into a program that continues to do it without him.

I don't know if Alabama is the place for Freeze to go....as an analyst yes just buying time. As an OC Bama going to do what Bama is going to do...

Waiting out HC jobs at Auburn and FSU is ok, but Malazan may not give him the keys to the car...and if Auburn starts winning with Freeze at OC why would they terminate Malazan's contract.

FSU would be his other good fit....ACC and we don't know how short the rope is at this moment. Still a good launching point for him...

Sexton is probably a major reason Freeze is not on board with the Vols at this moment....We are a good fit but it is a rebuild job for sure....Freeze can come here and wait out a SEC Job in 2 to 3 years...
Yeah I'm actually more worried about him going to AU or FSU than Bama. I could be wrong but I think Saban promotes Enos

Reactions: volgrad500
I thinks it’s clear that if the OC position opens up at Alabama then he’s going there. What we know: Saban DOES want him there, seeing as he’s already tried and would have been successful if it weren’t for the SEC saying no last year. We know the end game for Freeze is to become a HC again, poor performance as OC won’t help him. With TN struggles on Offense it’s not garunteed Freeze will turn it around, at least not in the first few season(completely). And I can’t help but think that if given the chance to shine at Alabama with the best of the best players he knows it’ll be a quicker turn around on becoming an HC.

The longer this is being played out the more I don’t see this happening.

Reactions: SobeVol
If I was Pruitt, I would be talking with Canada right now (or no later than noon tomorrow) with contract and pen in-hand.....and would not take no for an answer.

Yeah I'm actually more worried about him going to AU or FSU than Bama. I could be wrong but I think Saban promotes Enos

I can't see him working for Malazan, nor can I see Malazan handing over the keys to him either.
Again, FSU if Freeze turns the offense into what they are capable of then will they fire the HC.
Regardless of where Freeze goes as an OC, he will be gone to another HC gig...it maybe more damage to bring him here....

There will be openings in the SEC and Freeze will play his cards right...but if people think he is going to work for a Rookie HC without the benefit or reward of doing so then that's a mistake.

I would say look to Jim Bob Cooter over some of the other candidates considered. He is more built for the College Game anyway and is a Fulmer Guy....plus we need some Cooter shots on the Sidelines....

The Hardesty thing makes one wonder regarding his departure....and it could be meaningless or meaningful....but that was a shock...

Reactions: dduncan4163
Do you actually believe anything reported about any of our cluster%^$#s, aka coaching searches?

The sad part is, if you're gonna promote Friend, do it QUICKLY and sell him as the best option out there. At this point, any such promotion is perceived as exactly what it is....fifth choice by a department that can't even pull off basic hires w/o drama.
F this. Go get Briles

I don't care at this point of another F-UP coaching hire by UT admin but please no Will Friend as OC. Surely it has to be someone else than Friend. I can't believe CJP/Fulmer would let Chip Lindsey walk to Kansas and not go get Freeze just to hire Friend as OC and take this long to make a hire. Hell, USC hired Kliff Kingsbury in matter of days. This makes no sense unless there is a contract or SEC hold up to a potential hire of Freeze.

We can do better and need to do better otherwise, Vols will continue to spiral downhill and be at the bottom!! I believe this hire is probably the most important for CJP future as HC and makes him or breaks him.

What's the use of having a great defense every year if you can't score points as The Mad Hatter Miles found out at LSU and Coach Mac at Florida last year?

Both those head coaches are on the hot seat and are offensive coaches. An in demand OC isn't going to set themselves up like that
If he can go in and get the offense clicking he saves their job and instantly becomes one of the hottest HC candidates this time next year. If he's as good as we all believe he is then that won't be a problem for him. If getting a another HC gig at a big school is his goal then saving Gus or Willie's job will get him there the quickest.

If he can go in and get the offense clicking he saves their job and instantly becomes one of the hottest HC candidates this time next year. If he's as good as we all believe he is then that won't be a problem for him. If getting a another HC gig at a big school is his goal then saving Gus or Willie's job will get him there the quickest.
They won't let him with their jobs in the line. It's what hurt Taggart already this season.

VN Store

Back