ESPN reporting Locksley to Maryland.

secking

Maryland will make their decision today and is announcing their new coach tomorrow. The overwhelming majority feel it will be Locksley, thus creating a job opportunity at Alabama. Tomorrow announcement even adds that it will be Locksley, he is unavailable today as he is at the Broyles Award Show. What does Alabama do? Do they promote Dan Enos or do they take another swing at Hugh Freeze? FSU thinks Alabama will look at Freeze. FSU has said they will have a coach in a couple days so they are moving very fast. Auburn has now entered the Freeze sweepstakes as well. And, of course, Liberty.

Tennessee has put more of the legwork in on Freeze, but it seems like they need to move quickly if they want him on board. Does TN need to wrap this one up today before (at the least) Alabama drives up the cost?

I do think if Alabama hires Freeze, Enos will go elsewhere. I’ve stated my opinion of him, think very highly of him. It might be in Tennessee’s best interest however to make a decision between the two before FSU or Auburn offer Freeze a deal he can’t refuse and then Alabama promotes Enos and Tennessee misses on both,

Maryland will make their decision today and is announcing their new coach tomorrow. The overwhelming majority feel it will be Locksley, thus creating a job opportunity at Alabama. Tomorrow announcement even adds that it will be Locksley, he is unavailable today as he is at the Broyles Award Show. What does Alabama do? Do they promote Dan Enos or do they take another swing at Hugh Freeze? FSU thinks Alabama will look at Freeze. FSU has said they will have a coach in a couple days so they are moving very fast. Auburn has now entered the Freeze sweepstakes as well. And, of course, Liberty.

Tennessee has put more of the legwork in on Freeze, but it seems like they need to move quickly if they want him on board. Does TN need to wrap this one up today before (at the least) Alabama drives up the cost?

I do think if Alabama hires Freeze, Enos will go elsewhere. I’ve stated my opinion of him, think very highly of him. It might be in Tennessee’s best interest however to make a decision between the two before FSU or Auburn offer Freeze a deal he can’t refuse and then Alabama promotes Enos and Tennessee misses on both,

Why doesn't TN just offer Freeze he can't refuse, I mean if we are serious about winning and all.

No one has the slightest idea as to what UT has done or not done in regards to Hugh Freeze other possibly communicate with him. We have no idea if the talks were anything more than just an opening dialogue. We want to assume that they have but that is nothing more than conjecture.

If I was Freeze, I would head to Auburn. Be hired as OC and retained next season as Head Coach. Freeze has shown he can beat saban and that is all Auburn cares about.......and money will not be an issue. Also, Auburn has shown baggage is not an issue (Bruce Pearl). Seems like the best scenario for Freeze.

Why doesn't TN just offer Freeze he can't refuse, I mean if we are serious about winning and all.

Freeze wants his choice of where he coaches and see's Tennessee's rebuild as a 3-4 year endeavor

images

I agree. If you look, there are multiple schools already filling positions with current coordinators. I hope Tn does not wait to long to pull the trigger, if so, we will once again be settling for an up and comer. Just once I would like to see our AD and HC go out and get a proven winner, we have the financial resources to get a deal done. Either UT wants to compete with the big boys or we need to face the facts that we are content with being below mediocre. I miss the glory days of winning. I don’t care if is it Freeze or whom ever, just get a top notch OC and start winning.

I think a lot of folks on VN fail to realize that just because we offer doesn’t mean Freeze will accept it. There seems to be some thought that he may be dragging this out on his end in order to see what other offers come up. VN acts like we should hurry up before he gets other offers. I figure if we know the potential other jobs, so do he and his agent. It’s called capitalism. Pruitt and Fulmer seem to be keeping a tight lip on things, as they should, since almost every writer contradicts the others. They are all guessing.

No one has the slightest idea as to what UT has done or not done in regards to Hugh Freeze other possibly communicate with him. We have no idea if the talks were anything more than just an opening dialogue. We want to assume that they have but that is nothing more than conjecture.
Even if they do make him an “offer he can’t refuse” he can still wait and see what Bama is going to do before accepting anything.

well, depending on what you want to believe, there's reports out now that hte hold up is on Freeze's end as he has slow played this to see what other opportunities presented themselves.

other reports saying it's boosters/admin on our side....and these reports get sideways real quick too, Randy Boyd says "not us, talk to your AD and coach"......TOS says it's Haslam........rumors this morning saying it's Anderson......who freakin' knows. lol.

other reports saying Pruitt's still vetting.......

other rumblings that this is all sexton's doing to fill his pockets with a bidding war.

i'll just say this...that we were first in the hugh freeze line is the only reason it feels the way it does right now. if nothing happens today, then i'm thinking it goes til the end of the week at least while we re group and Freeze gets to weigh all the options.

my gut says Freeze is coaching somewhere in Alabama next year.

On the coaching landscape, there is no offer he can't refuse. He'll use all offers to sweeten the pot with his other suitors. It's business 101.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
If I was Freeze, I would head to Auburn. Be hired as OC and retained next season as Head Coach. Freeze has shown he can beat saban and that is all Auburn cares about.......and money will not be an issue. Also, Auburn has shown baggage is not an issue (Bruce Pearl). Seems like the best scenario for Freeze.
Something along these lines... I'm good w/ Freeze, in theory, but I just think there's got to be some consideration for Freeze more than likely getting a HC gig next year, so, more churning. I'd think Pruitt and Fulmer want someone more sustainable, if the guy is right fit.

Reactions: feathersax
Because the notion of overpaying for a coach offends a lot of Vols fans for some odd reason, we will continue to shop at Big Lots
Why would you ever overpay for anything if you can help it? Has your personal experience with Big Lots taught you that everywhere else is overpaying? He has a value to some of the fans. He has a value to the AD. Pretty sure the AD doesn't care about your value for OCHF.

Reactions: Rodeo vol
Even if they do make him an “offer he can’t refuse” he can still wait and see what Bama is going to do before accepting anything.

Then you do the best you can, that is all most fans are asking. If you make him a lucrative offer and he turns it down, then you have legitimately tried. In the past UT has not done that in many instances

According to Swain this morning, he received info from an anonymous source that Booster Charlie Anderson isn't behind the Freeze hire... that appears to be the delay... my best guess, Freeze ends up at another school and we're left with few options... we probably end up with Friend being promoted internally...

Reactions: amorange
This coaching staff and Fulmer are some of the best I've seen at not letting anything out. Everybody is just guessing. Not sure how the keep a lid on so much if this stuff. I wish someone with staff would let the fans know a little where we stand.

According to Swain this morning, he received info from an anonymous source that Booster Charlie Anderson isn't behind the Freeze hire... that appears to be the delay... my best guess, Freeze ends up at another school and we're left with few options... we probably end up with Friend being promoted internally...
Boosters who don't want to win. Makes sense.

Reactions: FLVOL69

damn, Charlie Anderson just got put on full blast.

Swain, damn, that was gutsy...

Reactions: amorange
I'm about to drive over to Florence and give Charlie an asskicking

VN Store

Back