Rumors flying

He doesn’t make MOVES. He’s not part of the administration. He’s come back every season to meet with the team, supports the coaches, forks out a few MILLIONS to the university (which trumps season tickets) and endows scholarships. Everything worth being proud of...true definition of fan of the program. He allows us message boarders to do the bisching that has proved invaluable. The same Fulmer you think he betrayed is practically another father to him and neither know who the hell we are.

Selling Butch and trying to sell Schiano and being a Haslam shill has did more damage than any donation he’s made for the tax write off. That’s fine. We can have a difference of opinion. I’m sure Peyton is happy Phil is AD now but he was one of the biggest reasons he didn’t get the job earlier when Currie landed the job. It’s fine to agree to disagree. Just don’t mudsling and yuck it up.

By the way, all of the above statements are true about his actions. So don’t come at me with the “you say keep it clean and no mudslinging, but look what you said”

Everything I said is fact in regards to Peyton and the AD search, and Schiano salesjob.

Selling Butch and trying to sell Schiano and being a Haslam shill has did more damage than any donation he’s made for the tax write off. That’s fine. We can have a difference of opinion. I’m sure Peyton is happy Phil is AD now but he was one of the biggest reasons he didn’t get the job earlier when Currie landed the job. It’s fine to agree to disagree. Just don’t mudsling and yuck it up.

By the way, all of the above statements are true about his actions. So don’t come at me with the “you say keep it clean and no mudslinging, but look what you said”

Everything I said is fact in regards to Peyton and the AD search, and Schiano salesjob.
All your doing is typing this over and over. It doesn't make it fact. I don't believe any of this no more than Gruden was coming here.

Reactions: Behr
Never seen him do a Pilot commercial. You got a link where he praises that fam?

Selling for Butch. Selling for Schiano. Knows he needs to remain friendly with Jimmy Haslam because he has NFL team ownership aspirations of his own.

All your doing is typing this over and over. It doesn't make it fact. I don't believe any of this no more than Gruden was coming here.

Well I know it for a fact. Peyton was part of the “committee” during the Phil-Currie AD Search. He “voted” Currie over Phil as Haslams wanted him to sell it.

Same for Schiano as Haslams wanted that hire.

He signed off on Butch.

I lived in Knoxville for almost 10 years as a student at UT and professional after I graduated. I can confirm Payton will be our OC. Ink is almost dry.

I just do.

Can’t wait for the quote alerts saying “oh, so just like everyone else here.”

I could totally see Peyton pulling for Currie over Phil. Simply because Currie at the time was a somewhat proven commodity. He was good a good money manager. No one knew and still really has no full clue of what Phil is going to be as an AD.

Either way Peyton gives a lot back to the university just like the Haslam's do.

I remember some of what he's saying coming across threads on here and Twitter last year. Just message board gossip to me.

I definitely did not get this thru Twitter, message boards, or media folks.

I just know thru a prominent someone. Will leave it at that. I don’t have to prove anything to you. Widely known that Peyton and Manning’s want a NFL team and that Peyton shilled for Haslams on Schiano.

Selling for Butch. Selling for Schiano. Knows he needs to remain friendly with Jimmy Haslam because he has NFL team ownership aspirations of his own.

What does "selling for" mean? I remember being disappointed in hearing Peyton supported Currie in hiring Schiano, but that's all I remember hearing/reading.

Anyway, I guess when it comes to reports from the media, we believe what we want to believe, or not.

Reactions: butchna
I could totally see Peyton pulling for Currie over Phil. Simply because Currie at the time was a somewhat proven commodity. He was good a good money manager. No one knew and still really has no full clue of what Phil is going to be as an AD.

Either way Peyton gives a lot back to the university just like the Haslam's do.

At the same time, we saw first hand what a good money manager AD gets you in Hamilton. Hart was just running out the clock on his professional life.

Money and revenue will always be there for UT as long as product is halfway decent.

At the same time, we saw first hand what a good money manager AD gets you in Hamilton. Hart was just running out the clock on his professional life.

Money and revenue will always be there for UT as long as product is halfway decent.

You would think we would have learned our lesson. Hamilton did more damage to the university than anyone else. The terrible buyouts or lack there of with Kiffin.

I just know thru a prominent someone. Will leave it at that. I don’t have to prove anything to you. Widely known that Peyton and Manning’s want a NFL team and that Peyton shilled for Haslams on Schiano.
No you don't but untill you can you need to stop saying it.

And Peyton doesn't need the Haslams to own an NFL team.

There it is. Lol.

We have one thing in common, neither one of us gives a big rats ass what the other one thinks.

If you come in here claiming certain things as FACTS, well then it's up to you to PROVE that they are true. Otherwise its just more message board crap......Saying you know someone prominent really means absolutely nothing to us.

VN Store

Back