Tennessee is going NOWHERE with JG

I still don't know how anyone is delusional enough to believe that our QB play would've magically been great if we merely had a different QB getting murdered behind our O-line.

Did no one see the Mizzou game when Keller Chyrst, a QB who went 11-2 at Stanford, looked like a walk-on at a Sunbelt school behind that O-line? JG had a poor game; the fact that he didn't have 12 "poor games" behind that O-line is a miracle. He had 8 good or great games. 2 injured games. And 2 poor ones; and both of the poor games, he was constantly under attack.

Similar deal with Chandler and Jordan. They've had good games and bad games, but it's tough to be consistently good when you get no help from the OL. In a lot of Chandler and Jordan's bad games, they were getting hit in the backfield before they even had a chance to make a move.
But its way easier to just blame the QB.

Reactions: k-town_king
JG had a bad game. It's amazing he didn't have 12 "bad games" behind that O-line. He's still, by far, the best QB on the roster and one of the better QBs in the SEC.

Our roster? Yes, but that’s not saying a lot. He’s not one of the better QBs in the league but any means.

Better than Tagovailoa? No
Better than Storey? Maybe
Better than Stidham? No
Better than Franks? Maybe but it’s close.
Better than Fromm? No
Better than Wilson? Yes
Better than Burrow? No
Better than Ta'amu? Maybe
Better than Fitzgerald? No
Better than Lock? No
Better than Bentley? No
Better than Mond? No
Better than Shurmer? No

In fact, he’s no even close to a lot of those guys.

Final stats on the season...

SECQBFinal.png

Our roster? Yes, but that’s not saying a lot. He’s not one of the better QBs in the league but any means.

Better than Stidham? No
Better than Fromm? No
Better than Wilson? Yes
Better than Burrow? No
Better than Lock? No
Better than Bentley? No
Better than Mond? No
Better than Shurmer? No

Well those stats shut your augment down real quick didnt it Copernicus.

Reactions: k-town_king
I remember Vandy fans calling for Mason to be fired after his first game. It was a 30 point loss at home to Temple.
They still want him fired. They think he should be winning 10 games a year like our fans do. They're still jaded from Franklin boltong on them so they think everyone should have the same results.

The QB position is the most important. If the QB cannot play the position adequately the whole team suffers and fails.
I can agree with you, if we were debating Jalen hurts and tua, where they truly are the difference in that offense taking another step, but that's because there is no question that the other 10 can and will do their jobs, can you honestly say that about Tennessee? No you cant even come close, as everybody has said that this is a line of scrimmage league, you lose on the line of scrimmage not at the qb position.

Well those stats shut your augment down real quick didnt it Copernicus.

There’s a lot more to being a good QB than passer rating, and even if you only use that marker, he’s still in the lower half.

Of those below him, one threw nearly twice as many TDs and another rushed for more than 1,000 yards.

He may be better than Stidham. Stidham was better last year.

Last edited:
I'm finally on board with all the JG critics. Even though he has had one or two competent games his overall play is abysmal. He's slow, slower and slowest in almost everything he does. Tennessee must find another QB for next year. In my 50 years of watching Tennessee football I can honestly say I've rarely seen a QB as mediocre as JG. Hopefully the new kid out of Florida will honor his commitment and enroll early. Lord knows we need a mobile QB with quick feet and instincts.
Before yesterday I thought he was average but good enough to win with. Yesterday was the first time I’ve watched JG in person. He didn’t look as I thought he was.

Why do you not watch coaches shows, pruitt has pointed to several good audibles from JG, the coaches dont share the common trope that JG cant read defenses, and they know more about it than I do. If a doctor tells you you have cancer do you ignore it and say that he doesnt know what he is doing?
You don’t know of which you speak. You just can’t admit you were wrong about JG. You also should apologize to AbingdonVol. But, I know you won’t.

Better than Stidham? No
Better than Fromm? No
Better than Wilson? Yes
Better than Burrow? No
Better than Lock? No
Better than Bentley? No
Better than Mond? No
Better than Shurmer? No

Better or even with all except Tua, Lock when he is on, Fromm maybe, and Ta'amu.

You don’t know of which you speak. You just can’t admit you were wrong about JG. You also should apologize to AbingdonVol. But, I know you won’t.
No, I dont need to apologize to anyone, you two oxygen thief's think you know more than coaches, well you dont.

VN Store

Back