Coach Pruitt as SEC Coach of the Year?

Lets not get to crazy. Love what he's done but it will go to either Satan or Stoops
If the Vols win out, he will be more deserving than Stoops. Saban doesn't deserve COY. Noone expected Tennessee to be able to sniff a bowl game. The Vols are on the cusp. Coach Pruitt deserves recognition. He has come farther than any other coach.

Pruitt, Stoops or O at this point.... but the season isn't over yet. LSU was basically picked for 5-7 wins by all the stupid talking heads. SoS for UT #8, UK #13, LSU #3... all pretty deserving considering everything.

LSU Football: Game-by-Game Predictions for 2018
(wow, nice calls bros... the one they pick LSU to win, they lose Florida, LOL)

2018 SEC expert picks: Overrated, underrated teams and predicted order of finish
"Barrett Sallee: LSU will dismiss Ed Orgeron before the end of the season "

Apparently he doesn't know how football contracts work, there was zero chance that Ed was gone before the end of the season, even if they lost every SEC game.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
Pruitt has done a good job so far this year. But so has Dan Mullen. And to a lesser degree, Mark Stoops.

Stoops still has KY poised for a historic season for them.

Saban and Bama are wiping the floors with anyone they play.

Pruitt managed a couple of wins against an overrated Auburn team and a KY team coming off losing a shot at the SEC title. Maybe if they hadn't fell flat against WVU or FL but I don't see a COY resume.

Pruitt has done the most with the least, and you could make this argument in a bar with your buddies.

But for the official award, for better or worse.. it has to be Saban IMO. Could be the greatest team of all time. If Kentucky wins out for 9-3, Stoops has a strong case too.

Reactions: Zues1
Pruitt is not really on their radar yet. It is Dabo, let’s face it though, if Alabama calls, they are both Alabama guys, and they would come back. If you think differently you don’t know Alabama, and Alabama people. Here’s the thing about Alabamians, they are extremely loyal. However, if in 5 years he’s in the conversation that means he’s done a great job and we’ve had five really good years!
I am all for Pruitt but lets win out before we jump aboard the hype train

Nailed it! I'm all for it which means as you said, we win out, and take care of business in the bowl game. Something that I read that CJP said was we should have had 45 practices in the spring. He knows where this team is and trying to right the ship. IMHO we have our coach and he's going to be special.

Saban doesn't deserve COY.

See, I totally don't get these Coach of the Year awards, then.

Saban is head coach of the #1 team in the country, and some say the best college football squad of all time. They're the #1 team because he's their head coach: recruiter, developer, game manager, leader, commander, CEO, COO, Chairman of the Board. They'll probably be in the top 4 spots as long as he's head coach. That's how dominant they are, because that's how good he is at his job.

So how does anyone else win CoY as long as Saban is still on active duty?

I know, I know, the other coaches have mamas too. :)

Bad things happen when you get to far out over your skis. Plenty of time after the last regular season game to make this pick. Pruitt does deserve some recognition and Phil Fulmer’s letter speaks volumes of support and recognition. If he pulls in a top ten recruiting effort, give him a raise. An add to the wallet always better than a pat on the back.

Stoops still has KY poised for a historic season for them.

Saban and Bama are wiping the floors with anyone they play.

Pruitt managed a couple of wins against an overrated Auburn team and a KY team coming off losing a shot at the SEC title. Maybe if they hadn't fell flat against WVU or FL but I don't see a COY resume.

I think that is the point, how much the team has improved over the course of the season. Having said that, CJP would have to win the next 2 to finish 7-5 regular season to even be in consideration. 2 weeks ago Stoops was the clear cut favorite, but his offense has become non-existent since the 2nd half of the SC game. But still, if UK can get to 9-3, which it should with MTSU and L'ville left, Stoops will likely get SEC COY. But Mullens and Coach O, if they both win out, will be in consideration. And I think Coach O has to be in serious consideration. I think a lot of people, including myself, didn't expect much from Coach O and LSU this season. I thought 8-4 was likely, and even as bad as 6-6 was possible, and the only 'bad' loss was UF, which is not technically a bad loss as the game was at UF and the gators are a solid team that when Franks is on are pretty good. And everyone loses badly to Bama, so I don't hold that loss against him.

So I think the likely order is Stoops, Coach O, Mullen, Saban, Pruitt (but only if UT goes 7-5)

Other than familiarity breeding contempt how could Saban not be COY. They've been untouchable, to this point, and he's responsible for it.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
2016 Colorado's Mike MacIntyre won National Coach of the Year. So what.

IMHO, Coach Pruitt should be chosen as the SEC Coach of the Year, especially if this team keeps its current trajectory.

IF we finish at 7-5....CJP is a slam dunk choice for the award...IMO....

But Mullen at UF will have legitimate claim to the prize if Fla wins out and finishes 9-3...and he has beaten 2 ranked teams this year, too.

Stoops. Kentucky will be 9-3.

It will be damn near unanimous

MTSU will beat Kentucky. Only a 14 point spread and MTSU is not that bad, and Kentucky is unraveling like usual. I know your loss to them stings, but I don’t think Stoops wins it

It could happen but Stoops, Mullen, or O will have to lose one or two on the way end and Jeremy will probably need to win out . I would love to see it of course.

VN Store

Back