The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Congratulations. Pat yourselves on the back!!!

Anyone with half a brain knew this was a 4-8 year. The depth is not there. Yet some of you keep thinking this is this is still the late 90's....LOL

We are not relevant in the national landscape. We have not been relevant for 20 years. That is not not going to change.

Accept it and move on

S.C. made adjustments at halftime and gashed us down the field. UT played exactly the same game as the 1st half even when it was obvious S.C. had found an answer for it.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
because the fans lost their minds and crucified a coach that did not deserve it so the nuber of coaches that wanted to be considered went way down.

if that man was such a great coach, then why, when Meyer got suspended, did Ohio State not make him the interim HC?

4-8 again book it!!!!!!! We will be lucky to win 6 next year. Botch left us a smoking turd. Also I think Pruitt needs to review his staff. We have to kill it on recruiting

20 years is unacceptable at Tennessee, but you have also chosen a bad metric to compare the state of our program and Alabama’s. 1999 was a total fluke year for them and not indicative of any type of program health or sustained success. It’s like if Butch Jones had lucked into winning one. They hit the bottom hard and mostly stayed there until Saban. They were so low that I think the Minnesota band was playing Rocky Top at them once.

Appatently mods think any discussion on saturday belongs in the game thread even if it isn't about the game...

Championships is the ONLY metric that matters.

I am saying we won't ever again be as relevant at those we consider rivals.

“Ever” is a mighty long time. Kinda hard to make that call after eight games.

After watching this team progress this year, I’m pretty confident that, if Pruitt can elevate the size, strength, speed and athleticism of the players, they’ll be pretty dang competitive against anyone.

Well this team just likely blew any chance at a bowl unless they finish 4-0. Chances of that happening after last night? I give it maybe 25%. That 2nd half was disgusting. We should have destroyed SC. Coaches took their foot off the pedal and defense collapsed at the wrong time. If we lose to Charlotte this season is an official wash...

JG was not that good today. He threw simple passes that even Dobbs could complete. We should have seen KC play in this game. Especially in the second hakf. Instead, Pruitt made zero adjustments and we lost because of it. The coaches and players failed miserably.

This team deserves to see what KC can do for a whole game. But it seems it wont happen.
If JG wasn't good then KC wasn't last week so why play him?
5/7 for a half and 9/15 for the game is worse than what he did in just the first half last night. Lol

If JG wasn't good then KC wasn't last week so why play him?
5/7 for a half and 9/15 for the game is worse than what he did in just the first half last night. Lol
Pruitt will wait until bowl eligibility is gone then turn it over to Chryst. How I see it. KC plays the whole game last night we win easy...

So because he was 4/8 for 45 yards in the second half we would win? Lmao . That makes zero sense.
If KC had played the whole game last night I think we win in a blowout...JG don’t see all his reads all that well. Plenty of missed passes that could have gotten points. All I’m gonna say is this team better get better to end this season or major questions will need to be addressed in off-season..

Beyond disappointing. We had this game in so many ways.

Questionable coaching. Poor defensive play. And the indiscipline of some of our "stars" is shocking. The WR play was disappointing as a whole.

No bowl this year. Other than JG's improved play and the emergence of a semblance of a running game, this game was like the Auburn game never happened. Sad!

Beyond disappointing. We had this game in so many ways.

Questionable coaching. Poor defensive play. And the indiscipline of some of our "stars" is shocking. The WR play was disappointing as a whole.

No bowl this year. Other than JG's improved play and the emergence of a semblance of a running game, this game was like the Auburn game never happened. Sad!
5-7 is our ceiling this year. Was hoping for 7 wins but we had to win last night. Just hoping the team don’t throw in the towel now...

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
If KC had played the whole game last night I think we win in a blowout...JG don’t see all his reads all that well. Plenty of missed passes that could have gotten points. All I’m gonna say is this team better get better to end this season or major questions will need to be addressed in off-season..
Chryst had more missed passes down 28-35 in only 15 attempts than JG had in 37 last night in a tight game. Lmao.

That makes no sense at all. How does the last half of play, 4/8 45 yards, say he would do anything better?

VN Store

Back