The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

JG has no sense of timing at all. Just stands there like he has all day. I don’t know that we would have been in that situation if we had Chryst in the game. This is a game we should have won. Didn’t make plays when they were there

JG - Unbelievable lack of awareness on 4th down. He had plenty of time to choose a receiver - kid is tough but not blessed with football smarts. Chryst should have played second half and given the team a chance. Defense was so bad that offense could not afford qb ineptitude. The final sack on JG sums up his liabilities - 4th down you have to put the ball in play. Amazing.

Now that I'm thinking about it, you guys think JP not trying to score before half hurt us?
I didn't like it, but dont think it was a big deal.

to me, that had no bearing on our bad play in the second half. getting gashed on defense, and some bad penalties hurt us as well. imo, we scored enough to win if we had a good game defensively. but too many big plays given up and missed assignments

Refs gave SC the game. They totally screwed us.
JG needs to get the ball out quicker or just be back up for God's sake.
But we would have won with JG tonight. Refs blew about 9 calls. Important game changing calls too. We should have won that game.
The refs were awful, but JG’s head is in another place when he has time to think. Doesn’t have it between the ears at this time, may never.

The call on 4th when it was still tied lost this one. Bently was hurt and wasn't going to fling it. Having coaches who have to learn on the job is a beeotch.

Clearly the player chasing that brought the receiver down inside the five was all effort the other stood and watched. There is your biggest problem. Not sure who they were watching on the phone

What I don't understand is how you go from winning 21 to 9 in the 2nd half and then somehow magically the refs and South Carolina come back to win by 3 just in time. We were most definitely NOT the least penalized SEC team tonight. And the refs got them wrong.

Hopefully after the film is reviewed and the loss is overturned, at least one of the zebras is fired so that it sends the message that the garbage won't be tolerated anymore.

Now that I'm thinking about it, you guys think JP not trying to score before half hurt us?
No, because if we push it there and throw a pick 6, everyone would be pissed at that. We had momentum going into halftime and got the ball back in the second half, you don’t want to give that momentum up before halftime

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
They were gassed at the end of the third. It was fairly obvious what was gonna happen when that conversion was made

What I don't understand is how you go from winning 21 to 9 in the 2nd half and then somehow magically the refs and South Carolina come back to win by 3 just in time. We were most definitely NOT the least penalized SEC team tonight. And the refs got them wrong.

Hopefully after the film is reviewed and the loss is overturned, at least one of the zebras is fired so that it sends the message that the garbage won't be tolerated anymore.
Other than the fumble that wasn’t called, the officiating wasn’t bad IMO.

VN Store

Back