The QB Debate - post South Carolina (merged)

And what happened on those?!

Out of four quarters KC had the best. He also had the two worst. Up and down performance. He didn't throw a ton of passes so a couple tds made it look good.

The first td was setup by JG.

What happenedon the road at AU?

So he didn't have over 200 yards as a freshman vs LSU and UK? He wasnt 70% with no interceptions the first few weeks of the season?

I must be remembering wrong then. I remember games this year and last he played well in.
How many wins did those stats produce?

Reactions: FLVOL_79
How many wins did those stats produce?
Different than what question was posed.

Someone said he had one good game. He has had several.

If you want to say big wins he has one. Beat a better team than Chryst ever has while KC had a better program in an easier conference. With more chances.

Regardless of the hypotenuse of the situation Pruitt will play who HE thinks will give us the best chance to win!

Reactions: Vol4ever
It's got to be hard for a QB to develop a play when the offensive line can't block or succeed with their respective assignments. And, when any team is up as much as Alabama, any QB can look good because the defense isn't worried about anything short or in the mids. JG is the best QB on the team, IMO. I hope he stays healthy enough to show again what he can do when the offensive line does their job.

Yes. Like exposing how people's made up narratives are false and agenda driven.

Your drivel seems endless. Few people have a personal vendetta against JG. The reality is few have argued JG has a better arm. He has beautiful touch on the ball. He is very competitive.

The question is does he have the intangibles to consistently play at a high enough level to get the team to a bowl - pocket awareness, pre-snap recognition and minimizing get you beat mistakes.

This is not 7-7 shells football. It's live competition. There will be blitzes especially when the defense realizes the QB doesn't adjust well.

Your drivel seems endless. Few people have a personal vendetta against JG. The reality is few have argued JG has a better arm. He has beautiful touch on the ball. He is very competitive.

The question is does he have the intangibles to consistently play at a high enough level to get the team to a bowl - pocket awareness, pre-snap recognition and minimizing get you beat mistakes.

This is not 7-7 shells football. It's live competition. There will be blitzes especially when the defense realizes the QB doesn't adjust well.

There are easy answers to your questions. We shall see who starts moving forward. Of course the fact that JG has constantly beaten out KC for the starting job says a lot imo. Obviously the coaches are seeing something different that some fans are.

Out of four quarters KC had the best. He also had the two worst. Up and down performance. He didn't throw a ton of passes so a couple tds made it look good.

The first td was setup by JG.

What happenedon the road at AU?

View attachment 173500

Yup the throw into that tight window was setup by JG... can’t you see his number on the field? Oh and the plays before that where Chryst got us to this portion of the field.... that was setup by JG as well.

Then that TD pass to Byrd, also setup by JG..... you guys didn’t see JG on the field? (BTW if I have to put Blue Font on this I hate you, whoever takes this out of context)

if jg or chryst gets time to throw, both will have a really good day against SC. The thing is, third down and two are we going to figure it out? Think that's the differeince in the game.

JG is our QB period. It's great to see Chryst can play well when needed though. End of discussion.

JG is a DUAL threat qb much better passing when running 25 % of the time. KC is more of the drop back passer. We have to get JG back to what he is good at or move on.

He needs to improve for sure. That doesn't mean Chryst is better in that department. They got the ball out in the same amount of time.

Maybe people can stop lying about some mythical miracle quick decision making from a 54% passer who jus had one good quarter and two bad quarters. Especially when the first td was a result of the other qbs long pass.
There it is! The gold standard for QB's on this board. Ignore the TD's. Ignore the lack of INT's. Its that completion % that means everything! lol.

View attachment 173500

Yup the throw into that tight window was setup by JG... can’t you see his number on the field? Oh and the plays before that where Chryst got us to this portion of the field.... that was setup by JG as well.

Then that TD pass to Byrd, also setup by JG..... you guys didn’t see JG on the field? (BTW if I have to put Blue Font on this I hate you, whoever takes this out of context)
There is a lot of mental gymnastics going on to dampen KC's success and convince themselves JG is not an anomalous one trick pony.

There is a lot of mental gymnastics going on to dampen KC's success and convince themselves JG is not an anomalous one trick pony.

Honestly I haven’t seen JG able to evade the blitz all season. That cannot continue for him to be the starter. I mean honestly name a time when he has escaped a blitz.....

Honestly I haven’t seen JG able to evade the blitz all season. That cannot continue for him to be the starter. I mean honestly name a time when he has escaped a blitz.....
Yeah but who cares. As long as he keeps his completion % up he apparently is an awesome QB, regardless of the lack of offensive production and sacks taken.

I swear its like watching two girlfriends arguing about which boyfriend is sexiest, and People has already put him on the cover.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Yeah but who cares. As long as he keeps his completion % up he apparently is an awesome QB, regardless of the lack of offensive production and sacks taken.

It’s funny that we only look at his Touchdown to Interception ratio, how many fumbles does he have again? Also, all of his turnovers have resulted in points for the other team.

Edit: btw anyone who thinks I don’t get FLVOLs sarcasm, I do. Lol.

VN Store

Back