What irritates you the most at restaurants?

If someone wants to eat at hooters I don’t care, doesn’t mean they have an invalid opinion on food. Maybe they like the wing sauces, maybe they like oysters, or watching baseball games there and having a beer. Some real food snobs up in here.

I'm not ashamed to say that I like their wings and fried pickles. I rarely go to Hooters but I'm usually never against going. Plus the one in Chattanooga is right next to Sir Goony's which means playing mini golf after 4 or 5 beers is definitely happening.

Last edited:
I'm not ashamed to say that I like their wings and fried pickles. I rarely go to Hooters but I'm usually never against not going. Plus the one in Chattanooga is right next to Sir Goony's which means playing mini golf after 4 or 5 beers is definitely happening.

is that considered a triple negative?

If someone wants to eat at hooters I don’t care, doesn’t mean they have an invalid opinion on food. Maybe they like the wing sauces, maybe they like oysters, or watching baseball games there and having a beer. Some real food snobs up in here.

If you like gulf oysters then you have pedestrian taste in oysters.

Don’t know squat about the food there but the place is called Hooters and there are boobs on the sign and the food is served by women in uniforms that accentuate their boobs. Pretty sure that opinions on food aren’t the driving force in play here.

I have no standing to come on here and moralize but the place just makes me sad for a number of reasons, most of which involve respect, self- or otherwise.

Reactions: 3 people
No... I'm pretty sure it does. :lol:

Let's flip it around and ask what if Jim Shaws put their servers in Hooter uniforms and kept everything else the same. Improvement?

There was some sort of Hooter rip off almost directly across the street from Darells in the early 90s. Didn't last long. Wish I could remember the name.

I've never been to Hooters but I've met people who have been. Most of them are actually going for the wings. A lady I worked with once used to bring Hooter's take-out wings to work with her every so often, she stood by them being the best. If you check the first two reviews on Tripadvisor for the one off Kingston Pike you can easily tell they are from females. The first lady even talks about how her kids love it.

Hooters, Knoxville - 8050 Kingston Pke - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Let's flip it around and ask what if Jim Shaws put their servers in Hooter uniforms and kept everything else the same. Improvement?

There was some sort of Hooter rip off almost directly across the street from Darells in the early 90s. Didn't last long. Wish I could remember the name.

I think I remember a place called Daryl's from back in the 80's..if I'm not mistaken it was where Calhoun's was/is at Rivergate.

Does that sound familiar?

I think I remember a place called Daryl's from back in the 80's..if I'm not mistaken it was where Calhoun's was/is at Rivergate.

Does that sound familiar?

I was referring a dive bar in Macon, Georgia, but I know what you're referring to, which was a chain. There was a Darrell's at the Harding Road exit on I65. The building is still there, next door to a Cracker Barrel. Their shtick was that the dining room was divided into themed rooms/spaces. IIRC, they had a jail cell, a hanging cage that was accessed by a catwalk, and a bus that you could eat in. I'm sure that there was more.

Don’t know squat about the food there but the place is called Hooters and there are boobs on the sign and the food is served by women in uniforms that accentuate their boobs. Pretty sure that opinions on food aren’t the driving force in play here.

I have no standing to come on here and moralize but the place just makes me sad for a number of reasons, most of which involve respect, self- or otherwise.

While I respect that opinion almost every female rep I see in health care is selling the same thing. I say if the girl wants to make money on her attraction, so be it. True spirit of capitalism

Reactions: GoVolsDR
I was referring a dive bar in Macon, Georgia, but I know what you're referring to, which was a chain. There was a Darrell's at the Harding Road exit on I65. The building is still there, next door to a Cracker Barrel. Their shtick was that the dining room was divided into themed rooms/spaces. IIRC, they had a jail cell, a hanging cage that was accessed by a catwalk, and a bus that you could eat in. I'm sure that there was more.

I haven't thought of that in years.

The place you're talking about sounds interesting.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of the name of that place.

I haven't thought of that in years.

The place you're talking about sounds interesting.
We had another casual dining chain called Sailmaker where the gimmick was that the waitstaff dressed like celebrities or pop culture figures. I remember being served there once by the Jolly Green Giant.

We had another casual dining chain called Sailmaker where the gimmick was that the waitstaff dressed like celebrities or pop culture figures. I remember being served there once by the Jolly Green Giant.

Damn! Now that you mention it, I remember there was a Sailmaker in Nashville. I was young but remember my parents talking about it.

While I respect that opinion almost every female rep I see in health care is selling the same thing. I say if the girl wants to make money on her attraction, so be it. True spirit of capitalism

Yeah, it’s always tough to draw a line between abdication of self-respect and the empowerment of capitalizing on attraction. You just have to go with individual intent. And of course it’s not my place to parent grown women doing what they want.

But that’s probably the least bothersome aspect of those places. It’s just the overall setup and principle and scene. But again, I don’t want to soapbox it, two posts from me is at least one too many already.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of the name of that place.
I've spent about an hour on research and hit a dead end. If I could down a Parisi's tea and stumble up to Forsyth Street, I might get a flashback. Looks like the only other option is to find a Macon phone book circa 1992-3ish.

There was a Daryl's just like that at the top of Bearden Hill in Knoxville, south side of Kingston Pike. I remember it being there in the late 80s but not sure when it closed. It's probably mentioned in the Gone But Not Forgotten thread.

I'm a Tennessee native. I just happen to like my raw oysters to have even the slightest modicum of, wait for it, flavor.

You're high. Lol. Unless you're eating Kumamoto, Olympias or Belons, oysters from Apalachicola over to the West Texas "bays" have as much flavor as any. If you're a big fan of Blue Points, I understand.

VN Store

Back