What irritates you the most at restaurants?

Reactions: volmanbill
Man's 'cheap and rude' tipping method goes viral

He explained that at the beginning of the meal, he placed five single dollar bills on the table for the server to see. “Don’t say anything to them,” he wrote. “If they mess up, you take a dollar away and so on. At the end of the dinner, however much is left, is their tip.”

I hope the waiter/waitress told him to go ahead and pick them up. If he's taking his wife out for dinner $5 doesnt even cover tip share so its not worth the trouble

If I'm being honest I think both perspectives are dumb. Disallowing a cafeteria at a workplace isn't going to boost the economy for local restaurants, they'll just pack their own food and put it in the fridges. At the same time, building a cafeteria to give everyone at a company 3 free meals a day is also crazy. Apparently only in California do you get free food all day at your work.
Maybe, but it should be the company's right to make that choice

Man's 'cheap and rude' tipping method goes viral

He explained that at the beginning of the meal, he placed five single dollar bills on the table for the server to see. “Don’t say anything to them,” he wrote. “If they mess up, you take a dollar away and so on. At the end of the dinner, however much is left, is their tip.”
I saw that a few times when serving (20 years ago). It was just as dumb then as it is now.

At a bar, if good service 30% or higher. At a restaurant about 20% unless exceptional. I've never not tipped, but on very rare occasions I've tipped less. It would have to be someone blatantly lazy or rude. I understand people can be having bad days or be learning the job.

I’ve tipped 0% more than once, like when I ask the waiter for something and instead of getting it I see him outside in the parking lot blabbing to some guy.

What's everyone's tipping protocol?

20 percent minimum. Usually creeps towards 25 or 30 if I thought everything was great or that the server/bartender could use a break. 30 percent or more if it’s one of my friends waiting on me at a bar (with a 5 dollar minimum if I’m just having one or two because I‘m in a hurry).

20% minimum. More for excellent service or if I know the servers/frequent the place.

What do you guys tip for take-out if it's from a sit-down restaurant?

20% - 25% minimum. If paying cash for drinks at the bar, usually $2 per beer and $3 or $4 per cocktail, if I have a tab and only have a couple I will leave $5. If drinks are put on the house, I will up it a good bit.

20 percent if good service, still 15 percent of service is meh.. I will never barely tip. Idk what goes on in people's lives, they could just be having a bad. So I'll still tip 15.
I'm about in that category. I rarely... rarely skimp on a tip or just not tip at all. I may have done it 2 times in the last 5 years.

VN Store

Back