2019 TN DT Elijah Simmons Commits to UT

If you’re 350 and move your feet that well, you’re a 4 Star player.
After seeing how well he moves and controls his body I’d be shocked if he isn’t 4star before start of season.

Reactions: 2 people
Not disparaging this kid in any way, he looks like he could be a player.

I will say I'm somewhat surprised JP has us running around the 8th best class in the conference.

I realize it's not over until signing day, but I think we can all agree we're definitely a tier below Bama, LSU, A&M and UGA.

If he consistently recruits behind these teams he's going to need to be the best overall coach in the SEC to beat them.

We need to make up some ground for sure. There’s still time but 8th in the conference doesn’t help us at all.

A lot of the whole recruiting thing is going to come down to how the team looks and how competitive they are in the fall. If all of that goes well, I think we end up with a top 12 team--not bad for this staff's first full year. Seems to me a good class is made up of maybe one or two 5 stars, eight or nine 4 stars, and the rest 3 stars--the bulk of the class will be 3 star. I don't see this class being far off of that.

Pruitt said that this class would be at absolute highest rank when completed.

Reactions: 1 person
First, he will be put on weight losing program. Too heavy for height and frame. Next, saw him (I think) last year on TV, seemed to stand around in the way, not much movement. ( If this is the kid I remember) Hope a former post is correct in that he is new to football>

Edit: Hummmmm must not be the kid I saw, TRACK TEAM!!! Good Lord....

Last edited:
If you’re 350 and move your feet that well, you’re a 4 Star player.
After seeing how well he moves and controls his body I’d be shocked if he isn’t 4star before start of season.
1000% this...to be truthful that motor makes be think of Barnett...this kid will be hard for OL to handle

Does anybody know of any D Lineman we have now that has an initial burst like this kid shows already.

Just watch this kid blow up this year

Last edited:
3 star recruits may be the most divisive topic on this board. I sure hope Pruitt is the evaluator of talent some on here think he is. We sure seem to be going the diamond in the rough route a lot right now. Hopefully he can coach these guys up and field a competitive team in a year or 2. Right now recruiting has me concerned.

Name off all these "diamonds in a rough" you are referring too..

Truth be told no matter how many stars he has or who has offered at this point, it ain't easy moving a low center of gravity guy that can play nose in a 3-4 if he don't want to be moved. 6'1" at 344lb is hard to get up under if you're an OL.

#TRUTH:rtfm:

Watching his video, he has nimble feet and seems to move very well for his size, he will get more Power 5 offers, wait and see......

Name off all these "diamonds in a rough" you are referring too..

I'm referring to 3 star recruits in general. Most on here seem to think they are either under rated or Pruitt will coach them up and get better results than the last two coaches.

Reactions: 4 people
3 star recruits may be the most divisive topic on this board. I sure hope Pruitt is the evaluator of talent some on here think he is. We sure seem to be going the diamond in the rough route a lot right now. Hopefully he can coach these guys up and field a competitive team in a year or 2. Right now recruiting has me concerned.

Keep in mind that all these 2019 kids have another season of HS FB left and many will get another star before they finish their senior season. As for this kid specifically he is really agile for a man his size. Like most HS kids he needs to work on pad leverage as in HS he's winning his 1 on 1 battles because of his size and strength. If he stays healthy I could see his offer list improving and his getting to a high 3 or 4 star by the end of his recruitment.

I'm referring to 3 star recruits in general. Most on here seem to think they are either under rated or Pruitt will coach them up and get better results than the last two coaches.

About right. And if it turns out true...you’ll agree?

Misery loves company...time true tested. There’s always that group who’s suffered vastly more than the rest of the fanbase and needs their feeling to be addressed first. You’re tired of _____ and ____ because this coach this and that coach that...WGAF? You’ll sit and wait like the rest of us fans for someone QUALIFIED to lead us out of it. You have no choice. Be tired and let us enjoy hopeful projections or let us...we’re going to do it anyway. I’m not going to give you grief for your approach and ignore your need to bring mine downwards. :hi:
WGAF? That's a good question! Maybe we need more people who do care. Like the passionate fans who wouldn't stand for the Sandusky sidekick, or who ran other coaches off cause we're tired of settling for less. Now recruiting is a different subject matter, cause we have no say in who the coaches recruit and sign. But it's disgusting and saddening that so many of my fellow Vol fans get so excited over inferior talent and expect superior results. Your wrong in the validation of needing feelings addressed. This is a message board, it's for people like you and me to voice our opinions. Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results-That's insanity and seems to be our trend. But your right about one thing. Ill have to wait and see what happens, I have no choice. And maybe I've got it backwards, maybe I should blindly believe in every coach we hire and the choices they make. Never mind the fact CJP has never been a HC and that he don't have a fraction of the talent he had at Bama, UGA, or FSU. Or that our coordinators are basically cutting their teeth this year. And I'm sorry I don't buy in on the coachin'em up theory. I've been there, done that and got a few tee shirts. So I'll continue to be cautious until proven otherwise

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back