'19 NC QB Sam Howell

Jeff George’s problem wasn’t his arm. It was his me-first personality. Hard to be a team leader when everybody hates you.

George had, if not the strongest, one of the strongest arms the NFL has ever had. His problem was touch. He threw a 10 yard slant as hard as he threw a 30 yard out or a 60 yard go. On those quick slants, many receivers had trouble catching the ball they were thrown so hard. Our receiver had the ball go through his hands and hit him in the chest.

And I agree with you about his personality. Not a teammate you want.

George had, if not the strongest, one of the strongest arms the NFL has ever had. His problem was touch. He threw a 10 yard slant as hard as he threw a 30 yard out or a 60 yard go. On those quick slants, many receivers had trouble catching the ball they were thrown so hard. Our receiver had the ball go through his hands and hit him in the chest.

And I agree with you about his personality. Not a teammate you want.

Should have been a red flag that he attended three schools before the NFL. Purdue to the U to Illinois.

Having a “strong arm” is useless if you can’t get the ball to your WRs.

Did you stop before he threw an accurate ball as well? Kid is the real deal. Height is the only thing I can see why we didn’t take him. Which makes no sense considering the success of a Baker Mayfield who he’s a great deal like.

Did you stop before he threw an accurate ball as well? Kid is the real deal. Height is the only thing I can see why we didn’t take him. Which makes no sense considering the success of a Baker Mayfield who he’s a great deal like.

Just to stir the pot:

Howell 6'1"

Taulia 5'11"

By that rationale.........

Last edited:

Don't see how you can compare one athlete to another based on their similar measurables. The old "not the size of the dog in the fight" thing.

Is Sam the mystery guy in town?
I hope so, Howell is a Harrison bailey type one year earlier and he could pick up where guarantano leaves off in a year or two. I like Maurer a lot but you take the best guys you can get and i wouldn’t be opposed to taking both for that matter

Reactions: McMannis
I honestly love how Maurer is recruiting and representing for us right now. I’d be completely ok if he was our lone QB commit in this class and Howell decided to stick out his commitment at FSU

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I honestly love how Maurer is recruiting and representing for us right now. I’d be completely ok if he was our lone QB commit in this class and Howell decided to stick out his commitment at FSU
I’m still surprised at Maurer’s offer list. He was one of the best QB’s at the opening and he put up video game numbers during the season. What aren’t other schools like the Florida schools seeing?

Reactions: Smokeytom

VN Store

Back