(MORGAN COUNTY)

Jordan Huff, 2019 Cornerback - Rivals.com

Jordan Huff, Morgan County, Athlete

Jordan Huff - Hudl

[twitter]1006560194896199680[/twitter]

Currently committed to Michigan State

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
“Coach used up all his officials, and I asked him, ‘Can I take an official?’” Huff said, referring to first-year Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt. "He didn’t want to make it seem like he just didn’t want to give me an official visit, so he was like, ‘Hey, I need you back up next week.’ “I was like, ‘Coach, I can do it,’ so we made it happen. And I’m just going to take another official to a game.”

Huff went on an official visit to Louisville less than a month ago. But he said Tennessee now “is the only other team I’m considering,”

“He was like, ‘I know you play a lot of positions and everything, but I like you at corner a lot. And I know you want to play a little offense, so I think you’ll make your way into kick returns and things like that.’”

“To be honest, with just my preferences on all the other SEC schools, I was just like, ‘Man, Tennessee would just be, like, the perfect one,’” he said. “It was the distance. It’s, like, four hours, so it’s not like you’re right at home. One of my life goals was always to make it out of Georgia, so I always wanted to school out of Georgia. “I know Tennessee is not too far away from home. I could drive down there. But it’s not so close that I’ll go (home) every weekend.”

Even more quotes in the article where he's gushing about UT, sound like if Pruitt wants this kid, he'll be a Vol soon.

Reactions: 8 people
He got that Pruitt size criteria. Commit-able offer to? Man, pull it.........Gon', Do it......A Scared man can't win, and a jealous man can't sleep. Commit to the Hill big guy. Make momma proud.

Yeah I remember when UT offered him and I watched his film and stuff. Really wanted him then, and I think he'd be a huge get if they get him.

That's a big Corner or Safety lol.... Bigger than a lot of programs WRs.

I don't think he's as big as our current safety commit. Maybe a little bigger than most of our current cb targets but not much. In his film he plays a lot of wr, cb and safety and looks good at all of them. Played both press and off coverage at corner. At safety seemed to track the ball well in the air and was good in run support and had some good tackles. I suggested star because he seems very versatile.

Man I like Pruitt's Strategy. Seems like he is blunt, we want you, so want us....quickly or one of the other equally talented CB's might just beat ya to it.

I don't think he's as big as our current safety commit. Maybe a little bigger than most of our current cb targets but not much. In his film he plays a lot of wr, cb and safety and looks good at all of them. Played both press and off coverage at corner. At safety seemed to track the ball well in the air and was good in run support and had some good tackles. I suggested star because he seems very versatile.

He's definitely an intriguing prospect because he's very interchangeable and he's long. I could see him as a 5th or 6th DB type in this class because you can plug him in several different spots.

I think Tennessee really likes him after seeing him in camp. Gotta like his size at cornerback, and I would say the athleticism definitely checks out.

Nothing to read into this in regard to Tennessee’s other CB targets. Sometimes you just see someone at camp who really catches your eye, and I think that’s the situation here. Sounds like he’s already pretty high on the Vols’ board.

- Callahan

Reactions: 7 people
This is another one of those classic Pruitt kids that can play multiple positions. Seems like we’re about to have a ton of athletes on the Hill that we figure out position once they’ve started practice.

Reactions: 5 people
This is another one of those classic Pruitt kids that can play multiple positions. Seems like we’re about to have a ton of athletes on the Hill that we figure out position once they’ve started practice.

That's Pruitts style. Versatility. One of the Bama 247 mods mentioned it when we hired him. Pruitt answer to spread offenses was to recruit players that have positional versatility to not have to change personell and he can just change formation on the fly with same personell grouping if he doesn't have time to substitute.

He also appears to be the big fan of two way players and multi sport guys.

Reactions: 6 people
That's Pruitts style. Versatility. One of the Bama 247 mods mentioned it when we hired him. Pruitt answer to spread offenses was to recruit players that have positional versatility to not have to change personell and he can just change formation on the fly with same personell grouping if he doesn't have time to substitute.

Exactly. He loves all of his DB's to have cornerback skills and good length. Doesn't really go for the "traditional" safety type per se that a lot of schools still do.

You nailed it. In respect to two or three star sport athletes... its pretty simple. They get a lot of training in a lot of sports.. in football it is really all encompassing as far as athletic skill sets. You have the short stop player that has to flip his hips train his eyes and control his body to make a double play... you have an outfielder tracking a ball and one false step can make a diving catch turn into running to cut off angle.

Then there is basketball. Basketball is all about playing in space and body control and not losing your cool in the air.. you have to understand how to use your body defensively to cut off their moment and angle to the rim, and use your body as leverage to stop a defender... also it speaks to the kids competitive nature. All in all its best for the kid and in this case UT.:hi:

Decommitted from MSU.

There's a Rivals article saying he's not planning on being uncommitted for long, and UT was his last visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back