Vols at Mizzou Game 3 Thread - 67's Power Hour 11 AM - First Pitch 3 PM

This team has 2 Seniors, 4 Juniors (only one who is really a significant contributor). Not that bad considering they are probably the youngest team in the SEC. I think they will improve a lot under these coaches.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, pitching was much better as the season went along. Now we need some bats!

Not sure I agree with this.

We limited the pitchers we were using because we knew the roster was flipping.

Stallings, lingo and Shultz all took steps backwards after being dang good a year ago.

I'd say the pitching development was 50/50

If you can look at UT athletics in this century, as a whole, and be proud then hats off to you.

UT athletics has had very little to celebrate since the turn of this century compared to our competition.

I am always proud of the the young men and women who put on the Orange and White and, whatever that Grey color is...

Did I love our fielding today, no...Do I wish we were going to Hoover? Yes, even as a #12 seed? Yes...

Because, you have to walk before you can run.

It is mind blowing to me, after all of the turnover in Football, Basketball and Baseball and how it set them all back...some decades...why in the world some can't be happy with winning what we win...every single win...but lot's can't be happy with a win, and good lord help us if we lose...

Reactions: 3 people
I am always proud of the the young men and women who put on the Orange and White and, whatever that Grey color is...

Did I love our fielding today, no...Do I wish we were going to Hoover? Yes, even as a #12 seed? Yes...

Because, you have to walk before you can run.

It is mind blowing to me, after all of the turnover in Football, Basketball and Baseball and how it set them all back...some decades...why in the world some can't be happy with winning what we win...every single win...but lot's can't be happy with a win, and good lord help us if we lose...

This is the point. It's been a sh*t-show for the most part.

The basketball was fun to watch last season. When I think of what could have been...

No, I'm not a pumper but I don't sugar-coat either. UT sports has suffered in this century. Would you not agree?

Suffered? Sure. Had zero positives? Nah.

I don’t agree with your specific view on Tennessee and I’m not going to change your mind, either. Let’s just leave it at that. :hi:

Please read the rest of the sentence I typed..."on a regular basis."

Oh...moving the goalposts.

First you downplayed what they did, then said you are ready for them to "compete", now it's compete on a regular basis, which last time I checked you can't compete on a "regular basis" if you don't START competing in the first place.

Don't change the argument. Are you happy with the direction of the baseball program? Why or why not?

Good question, and I honestly don't know. Once again, I see a UT team on the verge of reaching something and again they crap the bed.

I know CTV wanted to go 15-15 in the SEC...which was attainable going into the last 2 series. But UT went 2-4 in those games.

Oh...moving the goalposts.

First you downplayed what they did, then said you are ready for them to "compete", now it's compete on a regular basis, which last time I checked you can't compete on a "regular basis" if you don't START competing in the first place.

I didn't move the goalpost. What I wrote was there the entire time.

Good for you. Name the last 3 men's basketball. baseball, women's basketball, and softball regular season winners in the SEC.

I'm proud of the basketball team but at the end of the day tournament sports focus on tournaments, not regular seasons.

I can name the ones Florida won.

Reactions: 2 people
No, I'm not a pumper but I don't sugar-coat either. UT sports has suffered in this century. Would you not agree?

Just 'cause I've had a few beers, I'll play devil's advocate...Sure it has suffered...

We pay coaches not to coach at UT, we pay AD's not to AD at UT, we pay Chancellor's not to chancellor at UT and move them into the communications department as a tenured professor, after being fired for poor communication skills.

So, after 51 years of being a Vol fan who got to live Pat Summitt's run and Fulmer's run...those are rare, not the norm and Gino and Saban aren't on their way.

Enjoy the Wins, we went 0-8 in SEC Football last year, what in the world are we talking about?

Not sure I agree with this.

We limited the pitchers we were using because we knew the roster was flipping.

Stallings, lingo and Shultz all took steps backwards after being dang good a year ago.

I'd say the pitching development was 50/50

Without question this staff loves strike throwers (minimal walks). That’s why they settled on certain pitchers...

I didn't move the goalpost. What I wrote was there the entire time.

Then I ask again, why crap on what the basketball team did last year if that's what you want?

You look very foolish saying you want to compete on a regular basis yet downplay their results last season.

Reactions: 2 people
This is the point. It's been a sh*t-show for the most part.

The basketball was fun to watch last season. When I think of what could have been...

Be a Bama fan during Football season, a UF fan in baseball and softball season and a UK fan in basketball season, UConn for women's BB...you will be happy.

Reactions: 6 people
Suffered? Sure. Had zero positives? Nah.

I don’t agree with your specific view on Tennessee and I’m not going to change your mind, either. Let’s just leave it at that. :hi:

That's fine. I hope brighter days are ahead for all of the teams. I could probably be more excited with the co-SEC men's basketball regular season title and baseball floundering for the past decade if it hadn't been 20 years since UT won a conference title in football. :good!:

The futility of UT sports. But most on here seem to think things are A-OK.

I assure you, none of the regulars of the baseball forum think things are A-OK.

But...I can look back at game 1 of this series and say, it was a hell of a college baseball game and even though we lost, they played hard and I'm proud of them.

Let me ask this question, not just of you, but of the board...

Who feels worse right now? You, Me, Coach Vitello or Pete Derkay?

I assure you, none of the regulars of the baseball forum think things are A-OK.

But...I can look back at game 1 of this series and say, it was a hell of a college baseball game and even though we lost, they played hard and I'm proud of them.

Let me ask this question, not just of you, but of the board...

Who feels worse right now? You, Me, Coach Vitello or Pete Derkay?

I don't know who feels worse but I hope CTV understands what he needs (recruiting, coaching/training, etc.) to get this program to the next level. 2-4 over the last 2 weekends stings.

VN Store

Back