Vols at Mizzou Game 3 Thread - 67's Power Hour 11 AM - First Pitch 3 PM

Been a good first year for CTV. Wish we hadn’t of put ourselves in this position, We have had opportunity’s all year long ! I am very oppomistic about the future for The Vols Baseball, Ol well , I think this young team grew up a lot and good luck to the Seniors that will be leaving ! Good luck and God speed. Go VOLS

Reactions: 1 person
Welp...looks like I make the trip to Hoover without my team, bummer.

Thanks to Brodie, Benito, Richard Jackson and Lingo (probably if 21) for your time at UT!!! Good luck to ya gentleman.

Happy Hour will be extended for the next several hours!

New year, new coach, same result.

It’s frustrating for sure and it hurts today. But this year was solid considering what we had to work with. Lots of new faces coming in next year that will compete. Vitello matched Serrano’s best SEC mark in his first year. Things should only get better IMO.

This was truly year 0. It's not a grade at all for TV imo. Had we made Hoover it would have moved into the exceeding expectations and a good year. We didn't and TV isn't to blame.

Year 0 is complete

Basketball and baseball/ softball are tournament sports. Poster was saying basketball and softball say hi when I said UT hasn't won anything in a decade.

I'll take an sec title all day, every day.

Doesn't mean I'm not greedy and want more, but I don't dismiss them like it's a meaningless achievement.

Reactions: 5 people

Doesn't mean I'm not greedy and want more, but I don't dismiss them like it's a meaningless achievement.

Good for you. Name the last 3 men's basketball. baseball, women's basketball, and softball regular season winners in the SEC.

I'm proud of the basketball team but at the end of the day tournament sports focus on tournaments, not regular seasons.

I'm with you. I'd be glad to win a title...in snot blowing or beer drinking at this point.

Good for you. Name the last 3 men's basketball. baseball, women's basketball, and softball regular season winners in the SEC.

I'm proud of the basketball team but at the end of the day tournament sports focus on tournaments, not regular seasons.

Attachments

• n725075089_288918_2774.jpg
    n725075089_288918_2774.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2 people

Yea, but you can't get to where you want to be finishing 13th in the SEC...at some point expectations have to be realistic.

I'm with you. I'd be glad to win a title...in snot blowing or beer drinking at this point.

Any time you can hang a banner like the basketball team did this year, it’s a positive.

I like Tony Vitello. If he’s the recruiter people say he is, I think he can get this program out of the gutter.

Any time you can hang a banner like the basketball team did this year, it’s a positive.

I like Tony Vitello. If he’s the recruiter people say he is, I think he can get this program out of the gutter.

I know two things after this season Freak.

1. We have an SEC pitching Coach.

2. We need SEC Caliber Players.

So, you are spot on about the recruiting aspect imo, too many guys on the current roster were not capable of helping on SEC weekends.

Simple as that.

Yea, but you can't get to where you want to be finishing 13th in the SEC...at some point expectations have to be realistic.

If you can look at UT athletics in this century, as a whole, and be proud then hats off to you.

UT athletics has had very little to celebrate since the turn of this century compared to our competition.

And what exactly have they won considering both are tournament sports. But keep waiving those regular season titles that no one cares about! :rock:

Speak for yourself bro.

Winning the SEC Co-Championship and making it to the round of 32 and losing on a prayer last second shot to a team that made the Final Four, in a year we were supposed to finish 13th in the SEC is an accomplishment. I'm sorry if you don't think it is, but that's your problem.

And by your logic, I guess football has to win the NC for it to mean anything, huh?

Basketball and baseball/ softball are tournament sports. Poster was saying basketball and softball say hi when I said UT hasn't won anything in a decade.

So basically for you, winning anything has to be == winning the national title.

Man you must be miserable all the time.

If you can look at UT athletics in this century, as a whole, and be proud then hats off to you.

UT athletics has had very little to celebrate since the turn of this century compared to our competition.
No one is happy about the last 10 years of UT sports. But I think most reasonable people are happy with the direction baseball, football, and basketball. It's a culture changing process. Results don't happen overnight.. like most things in life.

Speak for yourself bro.

Winning the SEC Co-Championship and making it to the round of 32 and losing on a prayer last second shot to a team that made the Final Four, in a year we were supposed to finish 13th in the SEC is an accomplishment. I'm sorry if you don't think it is, but that's your problem.

And by your logic, I guess football has to win the NC for it to mean anything, huh?

Football isn't a tournament sport, is it?

But if UT's crowning achievement in men's sports in the last 10 years is winning a co-championship in basketball then my point is made, is it not?

I know two things after this season Freak.

1. We have an SEC pitching Coach.

2. We need SEC Caliber Players.

So, you are spot on about the recruiting aspect imo, too many guys on the current roster were not capable of helping on SEC weekends.

Simple as that.

Yep, pitching was much better as the season went along. Now we need some bats!

Football isn't a tournament sport, is it?

But if UT's crowning achievement in men's sports in the last 10 years is winning a co-championship in basketball then my point is made, is it not?

You're the one qualifying what is considered successful, not me. And if your bar is so high for basketball and softball, I fail to see why it would be any lower in football?

What's considered "competing" in football then?

So basically for you, winning anything has to be == winning the national title.

Man you must be miserable all the time.

There are things called conference tournaments for tournament sports. Keep trying.

BTW, LSU and UF tied for the SEC baseball regular season last year, with UF getting the #1 seed in the SEC tournament.

LSU won the SEC baseball tournament last season.

You're the one qualifying what is considered successful, not me. And if your bar is so high for basketball and softball, I fail to see why it would be any lower in football?

What's considered "competing" in football then?

Why don't you tell me the accomplishments of UT sports in this century?

VN Store

Back