Ht 6-1
Wt 200
CLASS OF 19

247 - Sam Howell, Sun Valley, Pro-Style Quarterback

SCOUT - Image Assets

RIVALS - Sam Howell, 2019 Pro-style quarterback - Rivals.com

OFFERS - AppSt, Charlotte, FIU, UK, Maryland, Mizzou, NCSt, VOLS, WF

[HUDL]

The staff continues to heavily recruit the '19 class with 128 offers to date. It's going to be interesting to see who we get with offers to Nix and Grunnell already out. I know they'll be more QB offers to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
2015: Last season as a freshman, Howell threw for 3,586 yards and 35 touchdowns.

2016: As a sophomore, Howell completed 199-of-322 passes (62 percent) for 3,217 yards and 38 touchdowns and rushed for 444 yards and 12 more scores

- Looks like he can spread it around pretty good also. I'd like to see his competition level, but 2 years of over 3,000 and 73 passing TD's is impressive.

Reactions: 2 people
2015: Last season as a freshman, Howell threw for 3,586 yards and 35 touchdowns.

2016: As a sophomore, Howell completed 199-of-322 passes (62 percent) for 3,217 yards and 38 touchdowns and rushed for 444 yards and 12 more scores

- Looks like he can spread it around pretty good also. I'd like to see his competition level, but 2 years of over 3,000 and 73 passing TD's is impressive.

Sun Valley plays some pretty decent competition in Union County. I believe it's the same district Austin Kendall played in at Cuthbertson.

So pro style that can rush for 444 yds while also passing for 3217 yds.

Excellent:hi:

Hope the dual threat QB only crew read the stats too. :)

Sun Valley plays some pretty decent competition in Union County. I believe it's the same district Austin Kendall played in at Cuthbertson.

It is. Weddington also just won the state championship for their classification and Marvin Ridge made it to the third round of states as well.

Decent competition from that area.

Four-star 2019 Monroe (N.C.) Sun Valley QB Sam Howell was offered by old Tennessee staff, and according to sources, already spoke with new head coach Jeremy Pruitt and OC Tyson Helton. I was told this morning Howell has been impressed by Pruitt, and he could visit Knoxville later this month. I believe Howell will be major priority for Tennessee in 2019 cycle.

Michael Clark

Reactions: 12 people
Kid looks like he has a cannon for an arm a few of those passes looks like he just flips his wrist and it goes 15-20 yards.

He also looks taller than the (6'1 listing)

I live a half a mile from Sun Valley. Have kept tabs on him all year. He is a great player and competitor took them to the 3AA Championship and almost won it but defense let them down at the end. Will def keep the ear to the ground and see what I can find out.

I live a half a mile from Sun Valley. Have kept tabs on him all year. He is a great player and competitor took them to the 3AA Championship and almost won it but defense let them down at the end. Will def keep the ear to the ground and see what I can find out.

That's two teams in a row from the Monroe area to make it to the 3AA state championship. Weddington won it all last year.

Closetosunvalley

Let's ride!!! Bring the info

Ask around about his 400 time.

Reactions: 2 people
More impressive is that Sun Valley has never been a power. And the NCHSAA used a 20-30-30-20 percentage format this realignment for the 4 classifications instead of the 25-25-25-25 percent. So there’s a good deal of former 4A teams now playing 3A

That's two teams in a row from the Monroe area to make it to the 3AA state championship. Weddington won it all last year.

Yup. We play a lot of the Charlotte schools before conference play but the conference itself is pretty stacked with Weddington, Cuthbertson (Austin Kendall's school), Marvin Ridge was ranked number one most of the year, and Monroe have year in year out very good talent. He's played against really good competition since freshman year.

Closetosunvalley

Let's ride!!! Bring the info

I know he is definitely interested but it's early with the new staff don't know much about Helton so give it time. Only knock on him is height he is listed at 6'1 but he is pushing 5'10-5'11". With a cleats on sure he's 6'1 but def got a drew brees/Brett farve vibe being a gritty winner who wills his teams to win.

Kid has a little Baker Mayfield in his game. Similar throwing motion and athleticism.

Yup. We play a lot of the Charlotte schools before conference play but the conference itself is pretty stacked with Weddington, Cuthbertson (Austin Kendall's school), Marvin Ridge was ranked number one most of the year, and Monroe have year in year out very good talent. He's played against really good competition since freshman year.

To have a legit shot, and probably should, to win at AC Reynolds in the 3AA Western Finals says a lot! The Rockets were dang good this year.

To have a legit shot, and probably should, to win at AC Reynolds in the 3AA Western Finals says a lot! The Rockets were dang good this year.
Sun Valley led most of the game then AC got momentum and kicked a field goal to win it with 4 min to go. Howell ran for three scores and threw one that game. He was all the offense, he was that way most of the year.

Small world. I just moved to Charlotte last September and now live near the Arboretum shopping area which is near Matthews and work in Monroe.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back