Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we were all on the wrong sub

giphy.gif

I can't believe how many adults don't understand that coaches are professionals, not fans. You guys seriously hate him right off the bat solely because he is from Alabama? Do you really think that he would intentionally do poorly at his HC job because of that? It's incredible.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't believe how many adults don't understand that coaches are professionals, not fans. You guys seriously hate him right off the bat solely because he is from Alabama? Do you really think that he would intentionally do poorly at his HC job because of that? It's incredible.
You're trying to use logic in a Gruden thread. Are you lost?

Reactions: 3 people
As one who sincerely wanted Gruden, it doesn’t feel good to be called out by fellow fans for believing he might actually come. Let it go already....

Nothing personal but our program would be much better off if the Grudenites moved on permanently. We don't need this nonsense to rear its dividing head again as CJP builds this thing back up.

They were born into life from the Gruden threads. Happens every coaching search. Lol.

Yeah! I remember you from the 2012 searches!

Oh wait, you've been on here all of a month at best.

My bad. When you get the wetness cleaned out from behind your ears, come talk to the rest of us about what happens "after a coaching search."

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah! I remember you from the 2012 searches!

Oh wait, you've been on here all of a month at best.

My bad. When you get the wetness cleaned out from behind your ears, come talk to the rest of us about what happens "after a coaching search."

Oh man, I forgot that it isn’t possible to have another screen name, ever. But go ahead and be proud of your Gruden thread OG status lol. Maybe someone will make you a trophy. It’ll read, “Gruden-2 GV-0, but never giving up the dream!”

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

The word "professional" is not some type of magical pixie dust. If you think he values, cherishes, and feels the same about TN and bama traditions, you're wrong.

It's kind of like taking care of your own kids compared to a neighbor's kids. You'll be an adult and treat them both well but in no way would you ever be able to treat them the same.

The word "professional" is not some type of magical pixie dust. If you think he values, cherishes, and feels the same about TN and bama traditions, you're wrong.

It's kind of like taking care of your own kids compared to a neighbor's kids. You'll be an adult and treat them both well but in no way would you ever be able to treat them the same.

Its kind of like making awful analogies that only sound good in your head with very few parallels to real life.

Reactions: 6 people
Oh man, I forgot that it isn’t possible to have another screen name, ever. But go ahead and be proud of your Gruden thread OG status lol. Maybe someone will make you a trophy. It’ll read, “Gruden-2 GV-0, but never giving up the dream!”

If you had another screen name, you obviously were embarrassed by it and had to create another one.

Me? I own my ****. Haven't changed, won't get an alter and never will.

Otherwise, continue thinking you're making a damn bit of difference by continuing to speak to people in this thread that, frankly, don't give a **** about your opinion. Dozens of other threads out there for you to inhabit, but you feel the need to stick around in this one and run your mouth. Hope it makes you feel all happy inside.

Reactions: 5 people

So you were previously banned and have now returned under a new screen name to troll?

This is so ludicrous man. So coaches only truly care when they are coaching at their alma mater? Clemson is really suffering from having a coach who played at Bama. His heart is definitely not in that team. Remember when he threw the national championship game last year against Baba because he's Bama at heart? If you think Nick Saban is doing a great job now, imagine how great he'd be at Kent State where he played or at WVU where he grew up down the road. He can't possibly value, cherish, and uphold Bama traditions because he's not from there or didn't play there. Your post is total nonsense.

If you had another screen name, you obviously were embarrassed by it and had to create another one.

Otherwise, continue thinking you're making a damn bit of difference by continuing to speak to people in this thread that, frankly, don't give a **** about your opinion. Dozens of other threads out there for you to inhabit, but you feel the need to stick around in this one and run your mouth. Hope it makes you feel all happy inside.

You figured it out, Sherlock. No, it doesn’t make me happy to see all of you whining non stop because you didn’t get your way. Complaining time and time again how you’re done being a fan. Maybe not you in particular, but many of your company.

When I originally stopped believing, I wasn’t rude nor confrontational. I simply started to try to be positive about our new coach, prior to his announcemen. But the negativity from this thread just couldn’t allow for that kind of optimism, as I was nearly hung by the in denial Gruden Lynch mob.

The hypocrisy of this room is laughable. Where’s that list of all the individuals you were going to mock after Gruden was hired?

That is a really tough question to answer right now and one that will most likely changed over time. Is it better than Schiano? MILES Better. Could we have done better without all of the self inflected wounds? Yes.

MIT . . . just wanted to say thanks for the ride! It was was certainly interesting and helped build hope even if outcome wasn't quite the big splash desired. Fascinating lesson on social media impact in today's society for me! GO VOLS!

You figured it out, Sherlock. No, it doesn’t make me happy to see all of you whining non stop because you didn’t get your way. Complaining time and time again how you’re done being a fan. Maybe not you in particular, but many of your company.

When I originally stopped believing, I wasn’t rude nor confrontational. I simply started to try to be positive about our new coach, prior to his announcemen. But the negativity from this thread just couldn’t allow for that kind of optimism, as I was nearly hung by the in denial Gruden Lynch mob.

The hypocrisy of this room is laughable. Where’s that list of all the individuals you were going to mock after Gruden was hired?

I see a lot of pent up hostility in your post here. First off...

I never said I was going to mock anyone except the Sooner fans I deal with out here and close friends OFFLINE. So, get your facts straight on that little part, junior.

Second, YOU came back in here celebrating and telling people how THEY should feel after last night. People were blowing off steam and YOU took it upon yourself to try to correct them when YOU should have just SHUT THE HELL UP. And then got all crybaby status when they lashed out at YOU for being an ASS. You brought that on yourself.

Lastly, certainly not least, if you didn't know this was the last place you should have taken a victory lap last night, you're stupid and nobody can help that. Some people were just born that way and nothing we can ever do short of tossing you off a cliff like the Spartans used to do will help that. And yet, you continue being childish and wallowing in your stupidity into this afternoon when all you need to do is just SHUT THE HELL UP. But that little childish part of you tries to have the last word instead of just leaving enough alone. You provoked others last night, continue provoking others today and can't realize what a child you look like by continuing it.

Reactions: 12 people

I think most are like me. They don't hate Pruitt and sincerely hope he does a fantastic job. BUT, we've been positive and unconditionally supported our past coaching hire fiascos and we've just spent too much emotional capital to do it any more. I'm not (at least don't think I will at this point in time) going to invest emotionally in a guy who has had ZERO head coaching experience anywhere in college. The odds are that he will not meet fan expectations. We've had enough let-downs. He'll have to show me before I invest again. As of right now, I'm trying to pick between AU and LSU football. The thousands of dollars I've spent over the past 30+ years on UT football will find another home until UT earns it again. If you can't understand that, then you probably haven't been where we have been.

Assholes whiskey 200-2.gif

The guy is a douche of epic proportions. It was easy to figure him out yesterday. You could see the troll coming from miles away. Yet poor little him couldn't figure out why people got an attitude with him.

Its kind of like making awful analogies that only sound good in your head with very few parallels to real life.

Like saltines in the boxing ring, trying to teach a swordfish to ride a bike, and theyve got matching tattoos of a ballerina with snakes coming out of her empty eye sockets. Right?

I never said I was going to mock anyone except the Sooner fans I deal with out here and close friends OFFLINE. So, get your facts straight on that little part, junior.

Second, YOU came back in here celebrating and telling people how THEY should feel after last night. People were blowing off steam and YOU took it upon yourself to try to correct them when YOU should have just SHUT THE HELL UP. And then got all crybaby status when they lashed out at YOU for being an ASS. You brought that on yourself.

Lastly, certainly not least, if you didn't know this was the last place you should have taken a victory lap last night, you're stupid and nobody can help that. Some people were just born that way and nothing we can ever do short of tossing you off a cliff like the Spartans used to do will help that. And yet, you continue being childish and wallowing in your stupidity into this afternoon when all you need to do is just SHUT THE HELL UP. But that little childish part of you tries to have the last word instead of just leaving enough alone. You provoked others last night, continue provoking others today and can't realize what a child you look like by continuing it.

Again, where is that list? Don’t be a hypocrite. I wasn’t taking a victory lap, I was trying to be optimistic. And this was all before anyone was reporting he was the lead candidate. I kept speaking in this thread, because it’s where I posted from the start of this coaching search. Didn’t realize that once you determined he wasn’t going to be the coach you had to leave. I never criticized anyone for still believing FYI. Keep justifying you alls attitudes and demeanors all you like, everyone outside of this thread could see the hypocrisy.

And this thread is public access now, Gruden will not be the coach. I haven’t come into your new Gruden click thread and tried to start problems. I’d rather not; I prefer to be present and excited about our new coach and the future of our program. Take care.

Lurked for a long time and you'll always have my respect. Don't let the worthless trolls get to you GV. He just doesn't get it. Supposed "fans"
coming in here just to lash out at people who wanted to believe in an ideal.

Lurked for a long time and you'll always have my respect. Don't let the worthless trolls get to you GV. He just doesn't get it. Supposed "fans"
coming in here just to lash out at people who wanted to believe in an ideal.

Only been here for a few weeks, but I don't think GV let's anyone get to him. He just stands tall and calls it like he sees them. Nobody posting on a message board is going to get him down. Much respect.:rock:

And, he doesn't cotton to people rubbing people's faces in the crap jerks bring in here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back