Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no need to wait for the podium, with PF saying it my hard headiness will now accept the inevitable. I part with words to no one but myself....never again :sad:

University of Tennessee, Knoxville Chancellor Beverly Davenport and Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer will hold a press conference Thursday at 6:05 p.m. ET in the Peyton Manning Locker Room to introduce Jeremy Pruitt as Tennessee's next head football coach.

The press conference will be streamed live on UTsports.com and can be heard throughout the state on the Vol Radio Network.

"Six days ago, I mentioned several attributes that I sought to find in the next leader of our football program, and Coach Pruitt meets all criteria," Fulmer said. "I'm certain he appreciates the unique opportunity to lead a program of Tennessee's caliber. He's driven to win at the highest level. He will honor our university's values, operate with integrity and be a role model for our student-athletes.

"I know Coach Pruitt will hit the ground running and go to work restoring our program to a championship level."

Reactions: 1 person
Same here. I feel like we got one. But it’s ok to disagree on that front. Just sick of these people saying how they are done. Why even announce it, multiple times? The Jerry McGuire act is old.

You announced it for the past week that you were done with gruden, yet here you still are. Being a jerkwad to all.

Reactions: 5 people
Does anyone else feel like they are in a malaise?

I don't know how to react

Happy its over
Disappointed who we hired
Optimistic because that CPF made the hire
Pissed that no one could make gruden happen or publically rule it out

I hate Bammers

Yep...

tumblr_mc77g8ldqc1qzi80do1_500.gif

If/when Pruitt gets to the podium he needs to sing, loud and clear, "we don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama". I'll allow him then.

How are the rest of you not? I’m onl being a jerk to those “fans” that are ready to jump ship over the hiring of someone that isn’t JG.

My last post in a Gruden Thread. I hate to be an ass to someone, but you clearly have no clue what it means to be a Tennessee fan. You must have strolled in during the 90's or early 00's. This was never about GRUDEN! At least not for me...instead it was about bringing pride back to this football program. About treating coaches, players, and fans like family. That is what made TN great in the past.

I will reserve judgement on Pruitt, but it's dang hard to give your all for TN when you leave your heart in Tuscaloosa. There is no denying that Pruitt is a die hard bammer homer first and foremost. Is 4 million a year enough to make him loyal to one of Bama's most hated rivals? Maybe? Time will tell, but at the end of the day, if he doesn't buy into Rocky Top with more than an orange tie, he will not be what is needed to restore the program. So...GFY if you don't understand this. It wasn't about Gruden! It was about bringing pride and respect back to my alma mater. Have a nice day. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 7 people
I think Jon Gruden is an attention whore, whom should have shot this **** down to unite
the Vol fan base. Instead, he went on radio and TV singing Rocky Top,
like he cared about the program. The truth is just the opposite.

Hey Jon - :finger3:

Reactions: 5 people
There was another thread started called Neyland 1 in the FF for all of the Gruden thread people searching for a home.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone else feel like maybe the only thing that was supposed to change all along was to just get rid of Currie so all the good old boys could get back together and run things as usual? Was there really a power struggle? Did we all just get played ? Just wondering. But I did at least expect a public comment of some sort from Gruden or his agent.

Does anyone else feel like maybe the only thing that was supposed to change all along was to just get rid of Currie so all the good old boys could get back together and run things as usual? Was there really a power struggle? Did we all just get played ? Just wondering. But I did at least expect a public comment of some sort from Gruden or his agent.

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back