Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the strange things going on around here it can only mean one thing....
giphy.gif

I'm disappointed that didn't get thru the whole chorus. That being said, I'm impressed it went as far as it did.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe he's seeing that there are going to be NFL jobs open. Giants fired McAdoo today. Probably be a couple more out at season's end.

Yup. Why would his agent want him to get back into the volatile world of coaching? He’s got a cush job now and I’m sure ESPN will give him more than anyone else to retain him.

This Thornton info about Gruden has not been confirmed by anyone with e-cred that we know of ... someone just strolled in dropped that bomb and basically got ran off. That info is nowhere else and I have not seen nor heard anything close to that.

Thank you. This.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you suggesting it is looking like there probably will be a no? Or just wiping the rumors that he’d said no already.

I am suggesting that there hasn't been a "no" said yet. I haven't heard anything come from the Gruden camp in terms of any "leaks". My source(s) are comprised of an AD contact, boosters, and past VFLs close to the program and those in charge.

I am not saying it is Gruden or it isn't. Its been oddly quiet this morning from everyone. I did have one former RB text me and say he thought Les with Steele and Tee. I asked if Gruden said no, and he said no. I asked why he thought Les and said him and Fulmer have always been close.

My assumption, I think Gruden hasn't answered yet (as I don't know the time frame of his deadline) or, he has accepted and they have kept it totally quiet.

That is my knowledge up to this point and my assumptions. Just trying to pass along what I have heard and am told. I am wanting to know just like you guys. I have nothing to gain in this..... other than bragging that UT football is back to my childhood friends.

Reactions: 44 people
I am suggesting that there hasn't been a "no" said yet. I haven't heard anything come from the Gruden camp in terms of any "leaks". My source(s) are comprised of an AD contact, boosters, and past VFLs close to the program and those in charge.

I am not saying it is Gruden or it isn't. Its been oddly quiet this morning from everyone. I did have one former RB text me and say he thought Les with Steele and Tee. I asked if Gruden said no, and he said no. I asked why he thought Les and said him and Fulmer have always been close.

My assumption, I think Gruden hasn't answered yet (as I don't know the time frame of his deadline) or, he has accepted and they have kept it totally quiet.

That is my knowledge up to this point and my assumptions. Just trying to pass along what I have heard and am told. I am wanting to know just like you guys. I have nothing to gain in this..... other than bragging that UT football is back to my childhood friends.

Thank you.

Reactions: 4 people
Well it was a fun ride. Hope Les does well. See y'all in Grumors 2020.

when y'all see me in grumors 2020, y'all will put me on the list.

i bought in 2012.
i bought in 2017.
i'll never, i repeat, i'll never buy it again.

it's now or never with gruden to ut.

i can only hope.

Reactions: 14 people

I appreciate the clarification and the info you bring.

Yup. Why would his agent want him to get back into the volatile world of coaching? He’s got a cush job now and I’m sure ESPN will give him more than anyone else to retain him.

ESPN has been laying off people left and right in addition to bleeding cash flow ... they're certainly not going to pay him more than they do now and I'd be surprised if his next contract pays as much ... ESPN is dying a slow death right now

Reactions: 3 people
I am sure many will be on the edge of the cliff if Gruden says no. However that doesn’t mean that some damn fine coaches and staffs are not out there. The proof will show up this spring when we get a look into player development. No matter who we hire even Gruden will be a gamble. If we got Saban to the hill it doesn’t mean he would be able to repeat. Many other things stack into being successful. At the press conference Friday several boosters showed up that had not been seen in a long time at such events. So yes things are shifting.
Underrated post. Worth a bump.

IMO, using ESPN as an argument as to why Gruden isn't coming here is a tired and, at this stage, pointless excuse. It's been gone over and over and over.

Reactions: 6 people

i bought in 2012.
i bought in 2017.

i can only hope.

Agree. This is my final time on the rollercoaster.

Reactions: 2 people
ESPN has been laying off people left and right in addition to bleeding cash flow ... they're certainly not going to pay him more than they do now and I'd be surprised if his next contract pays as much ... ESPN is dying a slow death right now

Yes but they just can’t let everyone get away. That will certainly sink them. They don’t want to die.

Thanks a bunch !

If it isn't Gruden, then we better be prepared to be very underwhelmed. We will be wondering how we went from Gundy and Leach into the gutter.

But, hey, at least we put the new age boosters in a better position of power, right?

Only you could imply a Chris Petersen type of hire would be underwhelming...

i bought in 2012.
i bought in 2017.

i can only hope.

I agree 100% preacher. But I am in it all the way this time - until another coach takes the podium!!

Golfervol93 on VQ regarding Cincy meeting..

"Maybe because I am trying to make it not a secret! Heard from multiple sources that we met with him last night and at least the university will know an answer by today and should be public knowledge come tomorrow."

I think the meeting in Cincy happened.. To many people saying that we did

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back