Grant Williams is ..............

BruinVol

Let's finish this sentence.

"Grant Williams is the best all around player we have had in my memory. "

My memory goes back to the late 80s but I can't Remember any player that had the combination of passing, rebounding, shot blocking, ball handling and scoring ability that he has.

Today Williams was brilliant with his passing to the open man and knowing when to push and when to slow it down when he broke the press.

Simply put I wouldn't trade him for any single player we have had in 30 years.

...reminiscent of Tobias Harris.

Though 2" shorter, he has a better post game, while TH had a better perimeter shot

Reactions: 2 people
Let's finish this sentence.

"Grant Williams is the best all around player we have had in my memory. "

My memory goes back to the late 80s but I can't Remember any player that had the combination of passing, rebounding, shot blocking, ball handling and scoring ability that he has.

Today Williams was brilliant with his passing to the open man and knowing when to push and when to slow it down when he broke the press.

Simply put I wouldn't trade him for any single player we have had in 30 years.

I agree with your assessment of Grant. But wouldn't trade him for Lofton or Houston ?

By my math Williams averaged 30mpg 18.7ppg 7.3rpg 3apg 48%fg in Atlantis.

Would like to see free throw shooting improve a little bit, and think he could probably get a couple more boards a game, but hard to criticize anything that guy is doing. Some scout said it 2 years ago, as well as someone in this thread, but if he was 3” taller he’s probably a 1 and done lottery pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Big baby Williams lol jk

But seriously, he’s not gonna be punked by anyone anywhere anytime. And if someone gets the better of him once, guaranteed he’s coming right back at them to take back his crown.

Honestly though. Its like we always have that one great player and just another away from being elite.

By my math Williams averaged 30mpg 18.7ppg 7.3rpg 3apg 48%fg

Would like to see free throw shooting improve a little bit, and think he could probably get a couple more boards a game, but hard to criticize anything that guy is doing. Some scout said it 2 years ago, as well as someone in this thread, but if he was 3” taller he’s probably a 1 and done lottery pick.

He needs stop getting cheap fouls as well. Our offense is significantly worse when he is in foul trouble.

he's good..definitely...confidence should come along as he matures...he sure missed some easy ones today but I realize some days everything falls and other days no so much

The problem could come in when other coaches attempt to shut him down and make Barnes prove he has the fire power from other players as well

The 30 years part excludes Dale Ellis and Bernard King, but even in that group, Alan Houston was simply dominant on both sides of the court. That does not take away from how good Williams is looking.

he's good..definitely...confidence should come along as he matures...he sure missed some easy ones today but I realize some days everything falls and other days no so much

The problem could come in when other coaches attempt to shut him down and make Barnes prove he had the fire power then

That was a big problem late last year. Alexander seems to gave stepped up and Fulkerson is back in the rotation. Hopefully as the season drags on Walker becomes a bigger factor and Kent is able to contribute.

The 30 years part excludes Dale Ellis and Bernard King, but even in that group, Alan Houston was simply dominant on both sides of the court. That does not take away from how good Williams is looking.

I don't remember Houston playing little more than a lick of defense. Or do you mean the left side and the right side?

VN Store

Back