Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Hogan Apex PC's from the time I was 14 thru college. I can't even look at one of those butter knives now, much less hit them.

I hear ya I played Mizuno forged irons for years but as much as I play now I couldn’t imagine hitting a two iron in the fairway

I’m hitting the PXG’s and cannot stop the ball. Only the ProVs have any bite

I went to B'ham (from Mobile) to try PXGs, intent on buying them. I consistently flew the 7 iron 157-158, but it rolled another 8-10 yds. I hit my Taylormade Rocketbladz 155 on avg. with 4-6 yds roll. I passed on the PXGs because they did not perform as well as my clubs IMO. The P790s are high launch angle clubs and the ball stops much better, probably better than my Rocketbladz. Shot 77 today with my first attempt with the 790's, and double-bogeyed par 3 #17 when I tried to muscle a 9-iron into the wind and pushed it into the water hazard. Only made one putt over 6 ft. I could have easily shot par today with a hot putter. But, I'm like the cajun I played with a while back who said: "I'm a much better golfer than I've ever played".

Reactions: 1 person
I'm kinda partial to TPC Meadowview. Anyone living in the Ooltewah/Harrison knows about it. You want to hit a few on the driving range? The have a bathtub full of balls. Just get you a scoop full, dump it in a basket , shove some money in an envelope and slide it under the door. Par 3 is usually all to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back