Official Jon Gruden Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing on the trolling issue...if I was planning on trolling, I never would have posted easily verifiable information about my son playing football, his progress with the team, or his health. Ive never hidden it...in fact many are aware of Ainge calling my son and myself out on the radio a couple of weeks back. I'm probably one of the easiest people to figure out my identity on here. I hope that doesn't happen, but if it does I'll simply be proud that you know who my son is.

Take that from what it's worth, and apply it to WHY somebody would pour cold water on all of this.

I dont think AV is a troll. He donated $500 to the gofundme for the Vet that was posted on here. If he's a troll, it's an expensive way to get internet likes.

Reactions: 8 people
If Gruden is moving the goalposts is that a normal part of negotiating? You get something you want, you know the other party is clearly intent on doing what it takes to secure your services, you negotiate to get something else you want until you feel satisfied you have gotten whatever significant items you truly wanted. Nothing unusual, if true.

if Gruden is the guy we won't take no as an answer from, then you have to believe we've said yes to basically whatever he wants.

if this thing is as far along as has been reported to be, then i just can't believe there's a scenario that would exist that would make UT get up from the table and say "deal's off".

so, assume all that's true, and Gruden's moving the goal posts at this point in the process, then it's most likely cold feet on the gruden camp's part.

and there just may be nothing we can do about that.

again, that's all assuming all the "credible" stuff we've heard is as true as we think it is, in regard to exactly where they are in the deal making process.

Currently on Ainge and Stooge. Gruden isn't a good coach. Won with other people's players. Wouldn't be able to recruit. Is a snob. Reading off names of Z list coaches that failed at other schools as a way to say we should do that. Whomever here that knows Ainge needs to tell him to dump his stooge.

Even some of the OK sports radio shows are talking about Gruden lol

Was listening on my way to work and they were talking about coaching vacancies for this year and the possible ones going into the off season. When "what do you think of the rumors of Gruden to Tennessee?" came up, the response was funny.

"I don't think that happens, but I believe it's the part of me that doesn't want it to happen that's overriding my brain. Nobody wants Gruden at Tennessee...except Vol fans. He's the kind of coach that can, and probably would, reset the SEC power base."

The other guy mentioned "yeah, but he's never been in college, never recruited, blah, blah, blah." To which:

"The guy won't have to recruit. You think Nick Saban worries about recruiting? No, he says 'hi, I'm Coach Saban and are you interested in playing football for me?' and gets a staff member a sit down with a recruit. Gruden could do the same thing on his name alone."

Dey scurred out here in Okiehoma.

They are scared everywhere if UT hires Gruden!

Reactions: 1 person
I’m really sick of us being the butt of all college football jokes lately...

Why does the media think UT is not a good job? All it takes is one good coach to get us back to where we should be

if Gruden is the guy we won't take no as an answer from, then you have to believe we've said yes to basically whatever he wants.

if this thing is as far along as has been reported to be, then i just can't believe there's a scenario that would exist that would make UT get up from the table and say "deal's off".

so, assume all that's true, and Gruden's moving the goal posts at this point in the process, then it's most likely cold feet on the gruden camp's part.

and there just may be nothing we can do about that.

again, that's all assuming all the "credible" stuff we've heard is as true as we think it is, in regard to exactly where they are in the deal making process.

There's always a line in the sand. But, I don't think Gruden, if he is really interested, would just push to see how far Currie will go.

Hey Boro you remember James Howes from Murfreesboro Oakland back in the mid 80s? ended up at Texas a m. Just curious. I believe he won the first Mr. Football award in The State.

I remember James Howse. I attended Oakland but older than him. He transferred from A&M to Miss St. I know he helped at a HS alumini game some years back between old Oakland and Riverdale players.

I’m really sick of us being the butt of all college football jokes lately...

Why does the media think UT is not a good job? All it takes is one good coach to get us back to where we should be

Sports media is too busy having their head up Saban’s ass.

Fair enough,not taking away from him but it is the gruden thread so for now it's a grain of salt lol

I was just messing with you.

JP is a really good dude, one of my favorites on VN. He does not claim to be an insider or to know anything about any of this. He's just really good at expressing his opinion on a message board.

vol für das Leben;14576376 said:
Im good. Not here for validation, just passing on info I received for free. If you’re really searching for validation just look at my post on Butch Jones firing at 3:00am on Sunday morning.
I’m not an insider, nor claim to be one just happen to be close friends with someone who’s in the know.

i think i like this guy......and i think i believe him

Currently on Ainge and Stooge. Gruden isn't a good coach. Won with other people's players. Wouldn't be able to recruit. Is a snob. Reading off names of Z list coaches that failed at other schools as a way to say we should do that. Whomever here that knows Ainge needs to tell him to dump his stooge.

For the record it's the NFL you coach who you have and draft who you want,what they are saying is completely irrelevant,NFL isn't college where he has to develop the talent

I dont think AV is a troll. He donated $500 to the gofundme for the Vet that was posted on here. If he's a troll, it's an expensive way to get internet likes.

AV is absolutely not a troll

Why keep dragging his name in a topic that has already been beaten to death for 12 hours?

I think a lot of Tennessee fans feel like I feel at this point. I am scared to get my hopes up, but I believe and want to believe. I am also not 100% convinced that he will be able to live up to the hype at this point. Hell, I am not sure anyone could live up to the hype he has built over the last 10 years.

But the main 2 reasons I want him to take the job is just so I can feel good about Tennessee again. If Gruden accepts the job, he basically validates Tennessee as being a destination job and lord knows Tennessee fans need some validation after the last 10 years. The second reason I want him to take the job is so all these smug national media people will have to eat crow. Their dismissive attitude towards Tennessee really pisses us off and is part of why so many of us crave validation.

Reactions: 13 people
How reliable is that poster? I didn't catch if this was a true Insider or not

Haha, don't listen to Behr, Suave. :)

I am no insider. Just confident in the news we got from Atlanta Vol, Beav, Bubba, Tuesday, and others yesterday.

That post was just my assessment of how things stand right now if all they said (and hinted) is true. I believe it is. You must decide for yourself, of course.

So...no insider, not at all. Behr is a troll, let's get him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back