Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some perspective:

After what happened in 2012, many in the media are going to be very hesitant to put out anything that even mentions the possibility of Gruden coming to UT. It will be addressed as a pipedream or a very small chance, or that "he'll listen, but there's no real interest."

This is especially true for those closer to the program. They're hesitant to put their neck out there, despite the smoke and what people are saying, because they'll be mocked mercilessly if they're wrong. I don't blame them for having that stance. Many fans feel the same way.

But the reality is Gruden is going to be the coach. It's happening. Many have been saying this for weeks, including the guy I heard it from. But until people hear it directly from John Currie, it's not going to be leaked. It's a smart play on Currie's part, and likely part of the reason he's been so tight-lipped.

John Brice's interview is particularly interesting today. If he has that level of knowledge, including who Gruden has called about assistant spots, you know that other guys in the media have heard it as well, including Hubbs. But Hubbs continues to point fans in other directions, including the whole Tampa Bay thing. You've got to ask yourself why.

As many have said, it's all about timing now. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Relevance is coming soon!

I think you just got me in the feels....:)

Reactions: 2 people
From Brett McMurphy...

Jon Gruden in August: “If I became a college coach I would probably have you on probation w/in 4 or 5 weeks. Too many rules, man. I mean I like to work. The recruiting … all that stuff. Yeah, I’d probably have you in real deep, deep trouble if I was your college coach”

Nick Saban: "I'm not going anywhere, ill be coaching the Dolphins next year"

Later that day......"Nick Saban announced as HC as Alabama".

Reactions: 7 people
Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 11 people
Can we all come to grips that Basillo is a minor league shock jock and just caters to whatever turns the needle? It’s fine to quote Brice and others on his show, but he is an idiot with no real opinion. So when he says “If it is Gruden, we should here something this week.” it’s because he heard it here and has no real knowledge. Rant over.

He's giving HIS opinion on HIS show, calm down nancy

Reactions: 1 person
From Brett McMurphy...

Jon Gruden in August: “If I became a college coach I would probably have you on probation w/in 4 or 5 weeks. Too many rules, man. I mean I like to work. The recruiting … all that stuff. Yeah, I’d probably have you in real deep, deep trouble if I was your college coach”

Nick Saban ain't leaving the dolphins

Reactions: 2 people
this is really going to happen....

now we need to hear grumors on when it's officially announced - you all think it'll be announced before the last game while the season is still going on or after

Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

8teQbEG.gif

Reactions: 8 people

Well, ok.. Only because you said it first........

Read VolPenn's post. Ergen being the horse makes sense. Beaver is the pawn who's pushing the agenda. If it falls through, the "horse" remains anonymous and Beaver will take the heat. If it's successful, Beaver will be adorned as a hero, and the horse (Ergen) can either make his intentions publicly known or not. IOW, like I've previously said, Ergen is the horse and Beav is the jockey.

I guess that I combined your post with the one that said something about the Beav attacking the media.

I agree with you, for the most part. Ergen being the horse means that he takes no blame and gets no credit. The Beaver does not either, IMO. So, that leaves us with who does? Currie would be the person that will get the hero/zero status IMO. Semantics, I suppose, because I think that you, SFD, Hawk, and a few others are saying the same things, in general. I have not begun to go into the rabbit holes yet, because when I started to, those of you that did already were stating the things that I was speculating. Thank you.

From Brett McMurphy...

and there you have it ... jon gruden QUOTED CLEARLY STATING HE DOES NOT AND NEVER WILL COACH COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back