Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would Brent know that Currie wouldn’t do any interviews today or would wait till later in the week? I will state the obvious, but i think he knows more than he’s letting on. I like Brent the most out of all of the Knoxville media and my perception of him is that when he says something, there’s some knowledge behind it. He doesn’t just say stuff and I do believe he trusts some of the sources on message boards which is why he’s out in front more often.

TBH, it could just be as simple as him knowing someone in the AD who told him Currie doesn't have any plans to travel today. That would tell you everything you need to know without knowing too much or "being ahead".

Olevolfan, smh. I really hope MR isn't the guy you were referring to getting these texts behind stage........ unfortunately for you I work in that industry and have many contacts.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, to your point there are probably 10X more games on TV now than say 10-15 years ago. Think about it: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, PAC12N, Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, FN1, CBSSN, NBCSN, The Regional FOX sports affiliates all show multiple games each Sat. You have to fill those positions with someone....anyone but the 3 Dave's! :)

The "prime-time" elite games still get the elite crews. Those games are just mingled in with all the other games going on.

As far as the NFL goes, CBS & Fox have their A teams as does NBC (Sun night) and ESPN (MNF).

Oh I know. I am just saying, do you turn on a game because you are like look, Al Michaels is announcing this one, I should watch! Haha

Just saying, we need Gruden, not ESPN. He can be replaced.

Good to hear. Tony is on the out and out when it comes to knowing anything.

Scott Frost is on Lovie Smith’s plane - for what it’s worth.

Tony knows it is Gruden. He is milking it. The guy loves wrestling, he is making his own story line.

Would JG hire Dale Jones? He was an awesome player for UT. Isn't his coaching experience limited to Appy State? I know he has been there a long time and certainly they have had success especially for a relatively small school.

Would JG hire Dale Jones? He was an awesome player for UT. Isn't his coaching experience limited to Appy State? I know he has been there a long time and certainly they have had success especially for a relatively small school.

It was rumored that he would and he has already called Dale to gauge interest

Glad to know we will have your mental capacity on our side today.

Did you read the article I posted? It is possible that we are all (Gruden and UT included) just pieces of the overall puzzle. What is confusing about that though is why would they let us know?

My personal take is that Beaver is the Stalking Horse for the consortium of Boosters.

Reactions: 3 people
Olevolfan, smh. I really hope MR isn't the guy you were referring to getting these texts behind stage........ unfortunately for you I work in that industry and have many contacts.

Do you have something against MR? Even if he has nothing to do with any of this...he is a fantastic guy!!

Hey SFD - I remembered that and thought it might come into play somewhere here. in Beav's tweet last night he referenced Verizon and no one could figure it out. Maybe something connected to that new technology?

Earlier in the year it was rumored that verizon wanted in on Dish's spectrum assets.

Reactions: 2 people
Dropping Ergen's name was the horse...
None of this is in his MO but why would he care since half of all VN is now jumping in his pouch.

An inverted dish can look like an umbrella from a long distance.

There is an organizing force working behind the scenes, and many have bought a narrative of who. That narrative has served both sides.

Check out the timing of our weather update yesterday.

Reactions: Weezer and Poppa T
Well, if your high school coach friend reads VN.com, he has seen that rumor about 50 or 60 times in the past two weeks. Because, you know, we all have. :)

Sometimes rumors go circular. You bring news to the board that you heard from somewhere else, but the source you heard it from heard it here.

This could be one of those times.

p.s. Morning, everyone. Good day to be a Tennessee Volunteer.

Agree completely. I’ve reduced who I will listen to down to 3-4 people until a coach is hired. No more random posters who’s cousin was contacted. Here’s my insider list someone asked me for yesterday.

DTO-he gets good info and will share it.
Boro-some of the same info as DTO but more cautious to share and rightfully so.
Tuesday-close friends with Tee and has proven it.
92-he’s either a former player or knows one. He’s even skeptical of his own info. I like that.
Matt-he doesn’t say a lot but never misses on recruiting
445, Knuck, UViE, SC, OV75 all have some level of connections that seem to be from the booster/VFL side. They don’t bull crap either or speak in code for the most part.

And beaver... he’s an enigma wrapped inside a riddle. Can’t figure him out but he’s been bringing it for over a month. I listen to him ans wait on it to be confirmed by those on here I “trust”. Outside of those people, I’m very skeptical and take what they say with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 10 people

I would absolutely look for JG to hire a couple of VFL's for his staff. I'd be surprised if Dale Jones was named a coordinator but would be a great position coach. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Do you have something against MR? Even if he has nothing to do with any of this...he is a fantastic guy!!

Nooooooooooooo. He is a wonderful man. Olevolfan was claiming that he had him as a connect and that he was confirming gruden is coming for a fact because boosters told him while backstage. This is a lie.

It is kind of expected based upon what big schools typically do and what Tennessee has done in the past. BH probably just made an educated guess based upon past experience. Turns out he was wrong. Don't think there is much to read into this situation.

You are killing me man.... lol :lolabove:

I’m just trying to make sense of this and maybe someone can enlighten me. Are we still under the assumption jones was told after ga that he would not be retained next year and that the recent losses just moved the time frame up? Was that the reason for official visits moved to the Vandy game? Could it be that Currie knew all along that his new coach would be announced by then and that’s the reason for moving the visits? If so that means that the “hire” of the new coach is much rather along then just starting yesterday and that maybe a deal is done and insider info is running a couple weeks behind?

Reactions: 2 people
Personally, I feel like Currie and crew are just waiting for a phone call from Gruden right now. If Gruden really cares about Tennessee, I expect that call to come soon. If he's accepted, great. If he decides he doesn't want the job, Currie can move on to the next candidate.

Reactions: 4 people
Well, if your high school coach friend reads VN.com, he has seen that rumor about 50 or 60 times in the past two weeks. Because, you know, we all have. :)

Sometimes rumors go circular. You bring news to the board that you heard from somewhere else, but the source you heard it from heard it here.

This could be one of those times.

p.s. Morning, everyone. Good day to be a Tennessee Volunteer.

Yeah, the reading has been overwhelming for me. Don't feel like going through page after page of just one thread. Hadn't seen it.
The rumor started with Jones wife I reckon. [supposedly]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back