Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
A high school coach friend of mine says rumor is that Dale Jones Appy St. coach and former Vol will be a part of the new staff. How anyone can know that w/o a head coach being chosen is beyond me but that's what he told me. Rumor apparently coming from someone very close to D. Jones.

Would love this.
Maybe helps us recruit North Carolina.

Reactions: 1 person
Morning folks. Just checking in. Hope everyone has a great day. Remember if your not with us, you're against us. Don't be a Pecker

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
SFD, thoughts on stalking horse? If it's being used literally, it makes little sense to me. If so, it would mean an anonymous entity would essentially have the ability to overthrow/influence if success is imminent, or be a turncoat and slip away undetected should any dealings become undesirable. The only two parties that make sense in fitting the definition are, Jon Gruden and VC. However, if we are to believe it's Gruden, and we take the definition at face value, the stalking horse scheme crumbles. Gruden is a well-known entity, we just need his king in checkmate. If VC, the pieces fit together more fashionably, but here is where the disconnect sets in. The VC will have no readily noticable influence when the new HC is announced, other than what we already believe to be the case with Ergen. That said, the VC is well-known as a paradigm, but the individual persons are not. Metaphorically speaking, it's certainly feasible to move the pieces into an organized front, and I may try to do that later.

I'm at home with a sick youngin today, but I'll be around as much as possible.

Reactions: 5 people
I was just completely mistaken. I guess you cannot contact them during the regular season. I don't know how all that works.

You are supposed to get permission from the perspective coaches AD if you are a university employee.

Outside agents talk with each other and their clients all the time and work outside the NCAA rules.

Any coaching updates? Is Currie waiting on an answer from Gruden?

-Hubbs

How would Brent know that Currie wouldn’t do any interviews today or would wait till later in the week? I will state the obvious, but i think he knows more than he’s letting on. I like Brent the most out of all of the Knoxville media and my perception of him is that when he says something, there’s some knowledge behind it. He doesn’t just say stuff and I do believe he trusts some of the sources on message boards which is why he’s out in front more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
IMHO it will be announced when VFL's come home for Championship reunion or during the SEC Championship game when the world is watching

If it’s during the SEC championship game we’ve waited to late IMO due to early signing period. But I’m not very polished on the rules and refs of this new time so I’m not real sure.

SFD, thoughts on stalking horse? If it's being used literally, it makes little sense to me. If so, it would mean an anonymous entity would essentially have the ability to overthrow/influence if success is imminent, or be a turncoat and slip away undetected should any dealings become undesirable. The only two parties that make sense in fitting the definition are, Jon Gruden and VC. However, if we are to believe it's Gruden, and we take the definition at face value, the stalking horse scheme crumbles. Gruden is a well-known entity, we just need his king in checkmate. If VC, the pieces fit together more fashionably, but here is where the disconnect sets in. The VC will have no readily noticable influence when the new HC is announced, other than what we already believe to be the case with Ergen. That said, the VC is well-known as a paradigm, but the individual persons are not. Metaphorically speaking, it's certainly feasible to move the pieces into an organized front, and I may try to do that later.

I'm at home with a sick youngin today, but I'll be around as much as possible.

Glad to know we will have your mental capacity on our side today.

Did you read the article I posted? It is possible that we are all (Gruden and UT included) just pieces of the overall puzzle. What is confusing about that though is why would they let us know?

A high school coach friend of mine says rumor is that Dale Jones Appy St. coach and former Vol will be a part of the new staff. How anyone can know that w/o a head coach being chosen is beyond me but that's what he told me. Rumor apparently coming from someone very close to D. Jones.

Well, if your high school coach friend reads VN.com, he has seen that rumor about 50 or 60 times in the past two weeks. Because, you know, we all have. :)

Sometimes rumors go circular. You bring news to the board that you heard from somewhere else, but the source you heard it from heard it here.

This could be one of those times.

p.s. Morning, everyone. Good day to be a Tennessee Volunteer.

Ok guys been doing some digging late last night and early this morning. Myself and a couple others were really intrigued by a quote that Beav used earlier in his career at VN. That quote lead us to an article that was written in 1997 about a business deal to acquire some land out west. There were several items in this article that has been referenced throughout this thread. This property was bought by a Maryville native in 1997 and then a part of it was purchased by a very prominent TN booster (name on buildings booster). I then found out that this booster also has three private jets in his name. Only one of the three planes are able to be tracked. I have tracked the flights starting back in mid October. I will list the destinations the plane has went but not the screenshot of the flight plan due to the departure location (I DO NOT WANT TO OUT ANYONE)
Nov 10 Nashville and Fort Lauderdale
Nov 5 Palm Beach
Oct 30 Atlanta, New Orleans, Baton Rouge
Oct 28 Memphis
Oct 22 South Bend, Ruston Regional (very close to Grambling State?)
Oct 20 Baton Rouge, Ruston Regional, South Bend, back to Ruston back to Baton Rouge
Oct 13 Palm Beach
Oct 6 Baton Rouge, Tri-Cities

These may all be business trips, but the one that really stands out is Oct 20 and 22.
Ruston, LA is a very small town and is only a few minutes from Grambling State University. I am going to post a list of their football staff and see if anything rings a bell with you guys.
FOOTBALL
Broderick Fobbs Head Football Coach
Eric Dooley Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receiver Coach (no relation to Derrick)
Everett Todd Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Line Coach
Terrence Graves Linebackers/Special Teams Coordinator
Reginald Nelson Offensive Line Coach
Kendrick Nord Quarterback Coach
Lee Fobbs Running Backs Coach
Darrell Kitchen Tight Ends Coach
Brian Ware Safeties Coach
Quentin Burrell Corner Backs Coach
Michael Armstrong Director of recruiting
** this is all speculation and I have zero connections just trying to sniff through clues**

Or any significance of the other places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back