Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email to Currie thanking him for moving things along to improve things with UT football. I congratulated him for the way he handled the questions including the one about JG. I reminded him JG is probably VN's preferred new coach.

Also asked him if Jones really called any recruits.

Doubt I'll get ananswer

Reactions: 6 people
SIAP, UT commit has changed his cover photo to a picture of Chucky. TIFWIW

Attachments

• FCF87D30-F6D9-4FBA-A285-3E08FA9DB615.jpg
    FCF87D30-F6D9-4FBA-A285-3E08FA9DB615.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: 10 people
But Ainge is defending Butch saying he didn't call any recruits, he stated that on Twitter. Cant link at work or I would. Someone call and ask him about that.

Reactions: 1 person
A high school coach friend of mine says rumor is that Dale Jones Appy St. coach and former Vol will be a part of the new staff. How anyone can know that w/o a head coach being chosen is beyond me but that's what he told me. Rumor apparently coming from someone very close to D. Jones.

Reactions: 5 people
Here you go coaster..

432338-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Moodie-Character-Unbalanced-On-A-Board.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Someone came in when we first started down the ergen rabbit hole saying that he owns some new technology that everyone wants. Said the value was estimated around 80 billion. The person was a newish poster and seemed to know what he was talking about.

Hey SFD - I remembered that and thought it might come into play somewhere here. in Beav's tweet last night he referenced Verizon and no one could figure it out. Maybe something connected to that new technology?

I sent an email to Currie thanking him for moving things along to improve things with UT football. I congratulated him for the way he handled the questions including the one about JG. I reminded him JG is probably VN's preferred new coach.

Also asked him if Jones really called any recruits.

Doubt I'll get ananswer

Should've left out the probably.

I agree. But as I watch these games more and more as I get older (I'm still in my 30s), I start to realize that I don't watch the games on MNF because of who the announcer is. There are other announcers that are way cheaper, and if you look around the sports world, a lot of the announcers have changed to lesser no names on both college and pro and across multiple networks. Maybe this is something ESPN is doing to trim the fat to move forward? Just a thought/observation. I don't think they are firing Gruden or wanting him out, just saying it could be like a 2 year plan to head that way.

Well, to your point there are probably 10X more games on TV now than say 10-15 years ago. Think about it: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, PAC12N, Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, FN1, CBSSN, NBCSN, The Regional FOX sports affiliates all show multiple games each Sat. You have to fill those positions with someone....anyone but the 3 Dave's! :)

The "prime-time" elite games still get the elite crews. Those games are just mingled in with all the other games going on.

As far as the NFL goes, CBS & Fox have their A teams as does NBC (Sun night) and ESPN (MNF).

Someone came in when we first started down the ergen rabbit hole saying that he owns some new technology that everyone wants. Said the value was estimated around 80 billion. The person was a newish poster and seemed to know what he was talking about.

I thought they said he was in play for a new tech or purchase they would make him worth 80 billion. Not that he had actually made the purchase yet. I may be misremembering though. I'm good at that.
Btw I read an article last night on a sports website (can't remember which) that said Gruden has a clause in his contract that voids it if he takes a coaching job.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok guys been doing some digging late last night and early this morning. Myself and a couple others were really intrigued by a quote that Beav used earlier in his career at VN. That quote lead us to an article that was written in 1997 about a business deal to acquire some land out west. There were several items in this article that has been referenced throughout this thread. This property was bought by a Maryville native in 1997 and then a part of it was purchased by a very prominent TN booster (name on buildings booster). I then found out that this booster also has three private jets in his name. Only one of the three planes are able to be tracked. I have tracked the flights starting back in mid October. I will list the destinations the plane has went but not the screenshot of the flight plan due to the departure location (I DO NOT WANT TO OUT ANYONE)
Nov 10 Nashville and Fort Lauderdale
Nov 5 Palm Beach
Oct 30 Atlanta, New Orleans, Baton Rouge
Oct 28 Memphis
Oct 22 South Bend, Ruston Regional (very close to Grambling State?)
Oct 20 Baton Rouge, Ruston Regional, South Bend, back to Ruston back to Baton Rouge
Oct 13 Palm Beach
Oct 6 Baton Rouge, Tri-Cities

These may all be business trips, but the one that really stands out is Oct 20 and 22.
Ruston, LA is a very small town and is only a few minutes from Grambling State University. I am going to post a list of their football staff and see if anything rings a bell with you guys.
FOOTBALL
Broderick Fobbs Head Football Coach
Eric Dooley Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receiver Coach (no relation to Derrick)
Everett Todd Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Line Coach
Terrence Graves Linebackers/Special Teams Coordinator
Reginald Nelson Offensive Line Coach
Kendrick Nord Quarterback Coach
Lee Fobbs Running Backs Coach
Darrell Kitchen Tight Ends Coach
Brian Ware Safeties Coach
Quentin Burrell Corner Backs Coach
Michael Armstrong Director of recruiting
** this is all speculation and I have zero connections just trying to sniff through clues**

Just remember what the popular saying is

Always bet on ergen. And if anyone wants to switch to Dish I can save ya $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back