Concerning message from gator land, we better hurry up and get in

Scott Frost will pick UF over Neb.
We'll decide to wait until after the bowl game to judge Jones after he goes 6-6. :eek:lol: May as well laugh at this point.

6-6? What 3 teams are we beating to get to 6 wins? Ain’t happening.

Reactions: 1 person
Scott Frost will pick UF over Neb.
We'll decide to wait until after the bowl game to judge Jones after he goes 6-6. :eek:lol: May as well laugh at this point.

Big assumption in assuming we make a bowl game, but if we do and Butch coaches it, then he will be here to tank the 2018 season.

Blackburn is out of the business because he chose to be. What he did at UTC was incredible and he handled alumni so much better than anyone the Mocs ever had. As someone whose family goes back 70 years with close ties to Chattanooga athletics, nobody comes close. Blackburn resigned by choice. Can’t say I blame him as he wanted to be in Knoxville and was led to believe that going to Chattanooga would give him the opportunity, so he was pretty bitter and decided to step down.

This!

Coaches I don’t wanna see at Florida.

Chip Kelly
Lane Kiffin
Bob Stoops
Charlie Strong

I wouldn't worry too much about Strong. Kelly doesn't want the fishbowl of an SEC job, he'll go where he can blend in at UCLA. Hoping that Stoops was serious about retiring while he's in good health.

A friend just emailed me and said McElwain is out and Mullen was going to be their next coach, period. He said fl administration believes Mullen is a proven coach and can definitely fix their offensive problems. I do not know where he got this information, but I do know his wife and her family are alumni. Time will tell......

Reactions: 1 person
I’m stunned actually, that UF appears to be about to pull the plug on Mac, as in Monday. Lots of smoke right now. UF has never suffered fools well since Spurrier’s run, but 2.5 seasons? Wow.

God I miss the days of Spurrier and Fulmer.

I’m stunned actually, that UF appears to be about to pull the plug on Mac, as in Monday. Lots of smoke right now. UF has never suffered fools well since Spurrier’s run, but 2.5 seasons? Wow.

God I miss the days of Spurrier and Fulmer.

Zoom was out in 2.5 after their loss to MSU

A friend just emailed me and said McElwain is out and Mullen was going to be their next coach, period. He said fl administration believes Mullen is a proven coach and can definitely fix their offensive problems. I do not know where he got this information, but I do know his wife and her family are alumni. Time will tell......

Mullen and Stricklin have a history remember. But I’d be surprised by that hire.

Mullen and Stricklin have a history remember. But I’d be surprised by that hire.

That’s the perfect hire for them. They have a scandal ridden program. An up and comer isn’t necessarily the best fit for that.

Mullen doesn’t take crap from players and will likely have a bunch of fan favorite Alums that played in the Urban Era out in full support.

If I had to guess, Mullen going to UF is what finally gets Tebow into coaching.

That’s the perfect hire for them. They have a scandal ridden program. An up and comer isn’t necessarily the best fit for that.

Mullen doesn’t take crap from players and will likely have a bunch of fan favorite Alums that played in the Urban Era out in full support.

If I had to guess, Mullen going to UF is what finally gets Tebow into coaching.

And Mullen is already very familiar with the Florida noise and fanbase. Nobody suffers winning like Florida fans. Ran off Spurrier early and literally caused Meyer to freak the f out.

Makes a lot of sense. We’ll see soon.

University of Florida administrators discussing if they can fire coach Jim McElwain following his claims his family and players received death threats.

"University of the Florida administrators are discussing whether they can fire coach Jim McElwain with cause, multiple sources told ESPN.

After failing to find any evidence to substantiate claims made by McElwain this week that his family and players received death threats, Florida administrators have worked to see if McElwain's allegations were enough to relieve the university from paying McElwain's full buyout of $12.9 million if he were to be fired..."

Could've been during a game. They'll find a lawsuit from JM if they fire him over that.

Always do. We are always a s*** show.

I have ties to Florida. I have been to the Old Ball Coaches house over a dozen time throughout the years. Scott Frost is being courted by the Gators. I hate that they will probably get him. He will challenge Saban. Too bad Tennessee won't make a deep pocket run at him. I would love to see Frost in Knoxville.

Mac's a goner. Butch is a goner. Who pulls the trigger first gets the next best coach. (Word is Mac could be done as early as tomorrow (Sunday) in Gainesville). What are u guys waiting for??
That will have little to no bearing on competing for a new HC.

I definitely think Florida will be in the coaching search more quickly than us, which is ridiculous. However, unlike many, I don't think it's a huge deal. There is more than 1 quality coach out there.

But is there 6-7.because that many will be fired by the time jones is??

VN Store

Back