Just how talented is the 2017 Vols roster?

Maybe... He hasn't earned any hype but he also hasn't played very much yet. He has better potential then you seem to be suggesting. I'm not so sure anyone will be conceding Michel and Webb are better by the end of the season.

I'm not suggesting that John Kelly doesn't have potential. I am suggesting that no logical draft evaluator currently has Kelly ahead of those guys.

This can't be real. D4H has to be a masterful troll, he can't possibly believe all the BS he spouts.

I will say I hope he doesn't change because it is very entertaining.

Original post is spot on.

D4H works in the player personnel department for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

It all makes sense now

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
First off,,thanks D4H,this thread is entertaining.
Now I would say some of those guys may get drafted after having an outstanding season this year(and I hope they do) but it's not anywhere near what you are saying. Great job on the effort to get everyone riled up tho.

Original post is spot on.

D4H works in the player personnel department for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

It all makes sense now

To be fair...not sure he would actually do much worse than they have done. But that's not really a compliment.

The amount of NFL caliber talent still left on this roster is being severely underestimated. I know the media is running with the fact that we lost 6 guys to the NFL as a major reason for why we might be in for a down year. Well think again. I think we will have significantly more than 6 guys drafted next year. And the NFL draft train doesn't stop there cause we still have talent left on the roster that will also be well represented in the 2019 draft and beyond.

2018 Potential Draftees
(Offense)
QB Quinten Dormady (Jr.) - 1st round
RB John Kelly (Jr.) - 2nd round
WR Jauan Jennings (Jr.) - 2nd round
TE Ethan Wolf (Sr.) - 3rd round
OL Jashon Robertson (Sr.) - 4th round

(Defense)
DE Jonathan Kongbo (RS Jr.) - 1st round
DT Kendal Vickers (RS Sr.) - 3rd round
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. (Jr.) - 2nd round
CB Justin Martin (Sr.) - 1st round
CB Emmanuel Moseley (Sr.) - 6th round
S Todd Kelly Jr. (Sr.) - 4th round

(Special Teams)
P Trevor Daniel (RS Sr.) - 6th round
KR Evan Berry (Sr.) - 7th round

2019 Potential Draftees
(Defense)
DE Darrell Taylor (RS Jr.)
DE Kyle Phillips (Sr.)
DT Kahlil McKenzie (Sr.)
DT Shy Tuttle (Sr.)
LB Daniel Bituli (Jr.)
LB Austin Smith (RS Jr.)
CB/S Rashaan Gaulden (RS Sr.)
S Nigel Warrior (Jr.)
S Micah Abernathy (Sr.)

THIS ROSTER IS ABSOLUTELY LOADED WITH NFL TALENT. We could have 22 players drafted over the next 2 years. 13 in 2018 and 9 in 2019. IMO the NFL talent seems to be heavily concentrated on the defensive side of the ball. And this does coincides with everything we have been hearing from in camp about the defense dominating the scrimmages.

Gentlemen, this brings me to my next point: DON'T SMOKE CRACK!

Reactions: 3 people
OP is overly optimistic or werecare winning the SEC hands down. I going with overly optimistic. All the players won't reach there upside potential.

D4H is the poster child of the opioid epidemic.

Alabama's recent teams, which have won ALOT, have not had 13 players drafted.

Put down the dope.

I do agree Dormady will eventually get has shot in NFL, but there is nothing on tape that proves he's a 1st rounder.

Right now, he's like 4/5th rounder based off his physical attributes. He can work his way up if he has spectacular numbers.

Let's come back in about 2 more months.

I do agree Dormady will eventually get has shot in NFL, but there is nothing on tape that proves he's a 1st rounder.

Right now, he's like 4/5th rounder based off his physical attributes. He can work his way up if he has spectacular numbers.

Let's come back in about 2 more months.

D4H goes to extremes and uses hyperbole that would make Trump blush... but I also remember that there were threads on VN from '12-'14 which discussed how bad our defense was and the player who took the most heat was definitely CB Justin Coleman. He was burned frequently. Incredibly (and I wouldn't have thought it possible), Coleman is now going on his 3rd season with the freakin' Patriots (and has a Super Bowl ring). Obviously, D4H is way off with predictions of where these players will be drafted... but they will all get a shot and VN doesn't always get it right. You just never know what can happen with the right coaching at the next level.

Last edited:
The amount of NFL caliber talent still left on this roster is being severely underestimated. I know the media is running with the fact that we lost 6 guys to the NFL as a major reason for why we might be in for a down year. Well think again. I think we will have significantly more than 6 guys drafted next year. And the NFL draft train doesn't stop there cause we still have talent left on the roster that will also be well represented in the 2019 draft and beyond.

2018 Potential Draftees
(Offense)
QB Quinten Dormady (Jr.) - 1st round No
RB John Kelly (Jr.) - 2nd round Yes
WR Jauan Jennings (Jr.) - 2nd round 1st
TE Ethan Wolf (Sr.) - 3rd round [/B]He would need a great year to go there[/B]
OL Jashon Robertson (Sr.) - 4th round injuries cause this not to happen

(Defense)
DE Jonathan Kongbo (RS Jr.) - 1st round No way
DT Kendal Vickers (RS Sr.) - 3rd round
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. (Jr.) - 2nd round 1st he's a stud
CB Justin Martin (Sr.) - 1st round absolutely not. Gets beat to often and quits mentally and on the team
CB Emmanuel Moseley (Sr.) - 6th round 4th Rd
S Todd Kelly Jr. (Sr.) - 4th round 3rd Rd as a LB

(Special Teams)
P Trevor Daniel (RS Sr.) - 6th round FA
KR Evan Berry (Sr.) - 7th round [/B]4th Rd WR[/B]

2019 Potential Draftees
(Defense)
DE Darrell Taylor (RS Jr.) 2nd
DE Kyle Phillips (Sr.) 1st kid is a baller when healthy
DT Kahlil McKenzie (Sr.) 2nd
DT Shy Tuttle (Sr.) 1st stud. Gerald McCoy
LB Daniel Bituli (Jr.) 2nd
LB Austin Smith (RS Jr.) [/B]4th[/B]
CB/S Rashaan Gaulden (RS Sr.) 1st
S Nigel Warrior (Jr.) 1st rangy with a nasty side
S Micah Abernathy (Sr.) 2nd

THIS ROSTER IS ABSOLUTELY LOADED WITH NFL TALENT. We could have 22 players drafted over the next 2 years. 13 in 2018 and 9 in 2019. IMO the NFL talent seems to be heavily concentrated on the defensive side of the ball. And this does coincides with everything we have been hearing from in camp about the defense dominating the scrimmages.

Bold

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back