'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

Cambridge Dictionary

Borrowed Time

To continue to exist longer than expected:

It is unlikely that serious decisions will be made by a CEO living on borrowed time.

The most astounding thing to me about this whole thread are all the morans coming in here and make what they believe to be clever quips about us not wanting Akers because we only want 3 star players. There were probably over a hundred of those and each poster seemed to think it was witty, original and relevant. What is more disturbing is that there were morans that liked those posts.

Reactions: 1 person
Stories from my two trusted sources...

1. Aunt was seen buying tons of UT gear on Christmas Eve in the local mall around his hometown.

2. A anonymous member of his family and one of his coaches told a 247 member he's going to UT.

3. He told Trey Smith he wants to play behind him and is recruiting LaBryan Ray hard to come play on Rocky Top as well.

If they are wrong, I will never trust the sources I have again. I'm way too stoked about the things I've heard in the past 36 hours or so.

So full of absolute crap. Nice troll job dude.

I know Bama struggled this year with the 19 five stars they had on their roster.. :)

Are you wearing your Bama gear right now? Or possibly getting geared up for your annual midstate bashfest with the other condescending outsiders that act like insiders.

Point one is that Jones inherited a MAC level roster and has turned it into an SEC roster. Point two is that we are currently around the 15th ranked recruiting class with no MAC teams even close. Point three, and maybe the biggest, is that no one hates Butch Jones except for a handful of idiotic UT fans that still hope to get a tv announcer as a coach. We are all disappointed with the result of this season but the never ending carping by the same posters over and over is really tiresome. I'd put some of you on ignore but that's really not my thing and it wouldn't do any good anyway because you guys hijack every freaking thread with this crap. Just give it a rest or come up with a new take.

Please!

UT is not getting better. Who will replace Barnett, Sutton, Vereen and JRM? Who replaces Dobbs? Some QB that has virtually no experience in the SEC? Good luck with all of that next season. I am guessing at a 6-6 record and that is giving the team more credit than they have shown to date. You OK with 3rd or 4th in the SEC East next year? Sounds like you are.

fart.gif

Last edited:
Not looking for someone to beat, or even push, Kirkland. That's jumper's job. We're looking for someone to push Sapp. Especially since he's missed the past 2 seasons to injury.

I'm hoping Bituli plays well enough for Kirkland to slide outside.

Coaches just need to find a way to get the most natural talent on the field and have it produce.

I'm hoping Bituli plays well enough for Kirkland to slide outside.

Coaches just need to find a way to get the most natural talent on the field and have it produce.

I think Kirkland is a prototype MLB when healthy. That ankle really slowed him down

I think Kirkland is a prototype MLB when healthy. That ankle really slowed him down

Not saying he isn't. But he might also be our best option at OLB since he does have the athleticism for it and is probably our best all around LB in general.

If Bituli can play MLB at a higher level than McDowell, Sapp, Bates, Berry, etc can play OLB for us, then why not slide over Kirkland and get or best two on the field together?

Not saying he isn't. But he might also be our best option at OLB since he does have the athleticism for it and is probably our best all around LB in general.

If Bituli can play MLB at a higher level than McDowell, Sapp, Bates, Berry, etc can play OLB for us, then why not slide over Kirkland and get or best two on the field together?

I understand what you're saying, but I feel we're not giving our OLBs their due. Berry showed that he can be put on there and do the job. He just needs first team snaps.

I understand what you're saying, but I feel we're not giving our OLBs their due. Berry showed that he can be put on there and do the job. He just needs first team snaps.

Berry was far too hit and miss. Didn't do a good job defending runs between the tackles, but did pretty well defending in space.

None of our OLBs thus far have shown any reason to expect they'd have more upside than Kirkland at that spot.

The most astounding thing to me about this whole thread are all the morans coming in here and make what they believe to be clever quips about us not wanting Akers because we only want 3 star players. There were probably over a hundred of those and each poster seemed to think it was witty, original and relevant. What is more disturbing is that there were morans that liked those posts.

They are morons. Not good enough to be Morans.

Another rejection by a hotly recruited player.

Brick by brick baby. Soon we will be a MAC conference level team as Jones becomes the most hated coach in the SEC. No one will play for him. 8-4 will be his high water point.
You sound like an undercover Alabama fan.

Berry was far too hit and miss. Didn't do a good job defending runs between the tackles, but did pretty well defending in space.

None of our OLBs thus far have shown any reason to expect they'd have more upside than Kirkland at that spot.

I think he has potential.

I get so sick of hearing this! It's been proven over and over that stars do matter! Please stop

In aggregate stars do matter. But on an individual basis they don't. Even 5 stars have a 50% probability of being a bust.

My only point was just because Cam Akers is a 5 star doesn't mean he'll be the best RB in this class. For all we know there is some 3 star recruit nobody is looking at right now that will be the next Barry Sanders.

In aggregate stars do matter. But on an individual basis they don't. Even 5 stars have a 50% probability of being a bust.

My only point was just because Cam Akers is a 5 star doesn't mean he'll be the best RB in this class. For all we know there is some 3 star recruit nobody is looking at right now that will be the next Barry Sanders.
That's actually a valid point.

Just for your info here is Alabama roster for upcoming bowl game. This is according to 247 composite:
Offense
WR - ArDarius Stewart - 95 4 star
WR - Calvin Ridley - 99 5 star
LT - Cam Robinson - 99 5 star
LG - Ross Pierschbacher - 96 4 star
C - Bradley Bozeman - 87 3 star
RG - Korren Kirven - 92 4 star
RT Jonah Williams - 98 5 star
Defense (this is just plain scary)
DE - Jonathon Allen - 99 5 star
NG - Da'Ron Payne - 98 5 star
DE - Dalvin Tomlinson - 91 4 star
LB - Tim Williams - 96 4 star
LB - Ryan Anderson - 94 4 star
LB - Reuben Foster - 99 4 star
LB - Shaun Hamilton - 91 4 star
DB - Marlon Humphrey - 99 5 star
DB - Minkah Fitzpatrick - 98 5 star
DB - Ronnie Harrison - 91 4 star
DB - Tony Brown - 99 5 star

Nick Saban doesn't beat you on gameday. He wins in February. That lineup should beat anybody in the country.

Lets see what happens January 9th. I got a feeling Clemson beats Alabama for the national title.

Then we'll see if star ratings are infallible?

This right here ladies and gentleman is why they win NC every other year. In the college game its all about having the best players and Bama has the best players!! That D is just crazy!

I disagree on the best players part. There are teams with as much talent primarily LSU. Just look at the NFL. Its not like Alabama players are dominating there right and left. In fact Alabama players have had a rep in recent years of being busts in the NFL.

Bama wins through a combination of great depth and great coaching.

Their top line starting talent is not that much better than everyone.

I would take our best QB, RB, DE, LB, and CB over Alabama's best at each of those positions. There are several other teams that can say the same. The Alabama difference is they have no drop off between the starter and second string. This allows them to withstand injuries and fatigue which makes the difference in a long football season.

The idea Alabama's first string is much better than everyone else is false. They just have better depth and coaching.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back