'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

Another rejection by a hotly recruited player.

Brick by brick baby. Soon we will be a MAC conference level team as Jones becomes the most hated coach in the SEC. No one will play for him. 8-4 will be his high water point.

I'm sure others don't agree with me but why don't you go select another team to go pull for. You don't have any idea what the next team is going to do as far as win or lose.. I get so sick of the *****ing about our team long before the season begins and absolutely no one knows the outcome.

But for me as long as there is a team coming out with the power T on the helmet, i'm going to be pulling for them with all my heart.

Reactions: 16 people

Brick by brick baby. Soon we will be a MAC conference level team as Jones becomes the most hated coach in the SEC. No one will play for him. 8-4 will be his high water point.

This makes no sense. Jones inherited a MAC conference level team and has improved it. He is still recruiting better than the previous coach. Some of our fans...

Reactions: 4 people
I get sick of people acting like stars are the only thing that matter! Please stop.

Not the only thing, but by the law of averages, they matter the most, certainly over time. And for a head coach and staff which has shown to struggle with player development, the more "best" players we can get, the better. And this class has very few of them right now.

Reactions: 1 person

Point one is that Jones inherited a MAC level roster and has turned it into an SEC roster. Point two is that we are currently around the 15th ranked recruiting class with no MAC teams even close. Point three, and maybe the biggest, is that no one hates Butch Jones except for a handful of idiotic UT fans that still hope to get a tv announcer as a coach. We are all disappointed with the result of this season but the never ending carping by the same posters over and over is really tiresome. I'd put some of you on ignore but that's really not my thing and it wouldn't do any good anyway because you guys hijack every freaking thread with this crap. Just give it a rest or come up with a new take.

Please!

Reactions: 5 people
Not the only thing, but by the law of averages, they matter the most, certainly over time. And for a head coach and staff which has shown to struggle with player development, the more "best" players we can get, the better. And this class has very few of them right now.

Spot on.

I know Bama struggled this year with the 19 five stars they had on their roster.. :)

Can we please let this thread die and go to the bottom where all of the other threads are about guys who have nothing to with UT football.

Good Luck Cam. Glad you're not in the SEC.

My last click on this infection of a thread.

Gotta sign 5 stars to be elite. Recruiting has slumped outside of a few instate guys which we should get anyway. Life of a Vol fan.

Reactions: 2 people
Gotta sign 5 stars to be elite. Recruiting has slumped outside of a few instate guys which we should get anyway. Life of a Vol fan.

It has definitely slumped. There are a handful of elite guys in our class, and some guys who have real potential, but I'm definitely concerned with recruiting right now. Butch better win next season. We can't afford to lose out on what could be a huge 2018 recruiting haul with all the instate talent

It has definitely slumped. There are a handful of elite guys in our class, and some guys who have real potential, but I'm definitely concerned with recruiting right now. Butch better win next season. We can't afford to lose out on what could be a huge 2018 recruiting haul with all the instate talent

We really only have 2 elite guys. The rest are just guys that we hope will be elite. This recruiting class likely wont be in the top 10 come NSD. Thats just not going to cut it if you want to play for championships.

Ignont is top 3 at his position according to 247. That's elite imo. Plus, people have raved about him recently as well. He's a good player

We got elite players at positions of need. Linebacker, running back, left tackle. Defensive tackle if you count Crosby as elite. Only position of need where we didn't get an "elite" guy is cornerback, but we did get several good cornerbacks in Labruzza, Bailey, and Shamburger.

I am not in agreement about Ignont being elite. Ty and Smith are definitely elite. I think Reid and Butler are very good.

Agreed. We have a lot of guys in this class who project to be very good players (granted the coaches can actually develop them) by their sophomore or junior years.

Very few players who project to make an impact in 2017, though.

We got elite players at positions of need. Linebacker, running back, left tackle. Defensive tackle if you count Crosby as elite. Only position of need where we didn't get an "elite" guy is cornerback, but we did get several good cornerbacks in Labruzza, Bailey, and Shamburger.

Crosby isn't elite. Great upside, but pretty raw as a DT really. Will need development. Butler is closer to contributing IMO. And he probably needs a year to bulk up and adjust at least.

At LB, I don't think we have anyone elite. An elite prospect would (like Kirkland in 2015) most likely find himself starting a few games into 2017. We don't have a LB who projects to beat out Kirkland, Bituli, Jumper, etc.

We have guys at those spots who project to be very good, but not elite. Elite means best of the best. Elite guys make huge impacts the second they step on campus. We don't have a single elite commit on defense thus far. If we land Ray, we'll finish with one.

Crosby isn't elite. Great upside, but pretty raw as a DT really. Will need development. Butler is closer to contributing IMO. And he probably needs a year to bulk up and adjust at least.

At LB, I don't think we have anyone elite. An elite prospect would (like Kirkland in 2015) most likely find himself starting a few games into 2017. We don't have a LB who projects to beat out Kirkland, Bituli, Jumper, etc.

We have guys at those spots who project to be very good, but not elite. Elite means best of the best. Elite guys make huge impacts the second they step on campus. We don't have a single elite commit on defense thus far. If we land Ray, we'll finish with one.

Not looking for someone to beat, or even push, Kirkland. That's jumper's job. We're looking for someone to push Sapp. Especially since he's missed the past 2 seasons to injury.

VN Store

Back