Recruiting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll want me to make an individual recruiting thread for this kid from France? I have to make sure though that we have already offered him first as well.

I think I seen that mentioned that we had offered but got to make sure because Freak won't allow it if he's not been offered.

You'll want me to make an individual recruiting thread for this kid from France? I have to make sure though that we have already offered him first as well.

I think I seen that mentioned that we had offered but got to make sure because Freak won't allow it if he's not been offered.

I would think it's okay. Aren't official visits less frequent than offers? How many OVs are allowed per school? 5 per recruit, correct?

I would think it's okay. Aren't official visits less frequent than offers? How many OVs are allowed per school? 5 per recruit, correct?

I'm not as sure on the basketball side. I do believe though you are either spot on with 5 OV's or very close anyhow. I'll make his recruit thread here shortly. Thanks!

To me Tennessee appears to be recruiting like they're gonna have someone leave, obviously Pons was just here for a visit and the staff feels good about him, but he's more of a 3/4. They've offered big man Derrick Walker Jr., are showing interest in Merrit who's another big, and still have had some contact with prep big Isaiah Whaley...to me it looks like they want Pons and a big which obviously means they believe someone is transferring.

To me Tennessee appears to be recruiting like they're gonna have someone leave, obviously Pons was just here for a visit and the staff feels good about him, but he's more of a 3/4. They've offered big man Derrick Walker Jr., are showing interest in Merrit who's another big, and still have had some contact with prep big Isaiah Whaley...to me it looks like they want Pons and a big which obviously means they believe someone is transferring.

Barnes would trade Schofeild for a solid low post player. Mostella has probably ended the speculation that he'll exit. Otherwise... maybe Alexander, but since he's 100% a Barnes recruit he has a little more equity.

Oh, and Parker... I figured he was gone a few weeks ago, but he's been getting good minutes of late.

Reactions: 1 person
Barnes would trade Schofeild for a solid low post player. Mostella has probably ended the speculation that he'll exit. Otherwise... maybe Alexander, but since he's 100% a Barnes recruit he has a little more equity.

Oh, and Parker... I figured he was gone a few weeks ago, but he's been getting good minutes of late.

Yea at this point Schofield would seem like the only one that'd make sense.

Reactions: 2 people
Derrick Walker Jr. has narrowed his list to 3: Tennessee, St. John's and Georgia...Walker has already used 4/5 official visits, he will use his last this upcoming weekend on a visit to Knoxville. He will then unofficially visit Georgia and St. John's before making a final decision, have to think him choosing Tennessee for his final official is a positive sign.

Reactions: 2 people
Any word if Jr Clay PG from McCallie (Chattanooga) is being looked at by UT? He is a 2018 kid and very good. I saw him play this year and he's grown a little. Probably 6'. I saw him play last year as a sophomore, he more than held his own against Jordan Bone and the kid from Hamilton Heights who signed with Kentucky.

Derrick Walker Jr. has narrowed his list to 3: Tennessee, St. John's and Georgia...Walker has already used 4/5 official visits, he will use his last this upcoming weekend on a visit to Knoxville. He will then unofficially visit Georgia and St. John's before making a final decision, have to think him choosing Tennessee for his final official is a positive sign.

I want Walker if and only if he is 6'9 and not 6'5 when he gets on campus.

We talkin Walker and Pons or one or the other?

We talkin Walker and Pons or one or the other?

It would seem they are recruiting as if there are two spots available, so they must anticipate someone leaving. Schofield seems to be the current favorite in the clubhouse based on his suspension and lack of playing time.

It would seem they are recruiting as if there are two spots available, so they must anticipate someone leaving. Schofield seems to be the current favorite in the clubhouse based on his suspension and lack of playing time.
Like to see Walker , Pons and the big boy kent added to the front court next season.
Williams is going to be a beast with a little maturity and Fulk the scrapper.
I could see 20 wins with the guard base we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back