'17 FL CB C.J. Cotman (UT commit 7/20/16)

None of your posts are reasonable. Sad part is, you really think you know so much when really you don't know sh*t.

Leb has always been this way. He thinks each recruiting class should be finished the year before NSD. So the 2017 class should be full by September. Butch should stop recruiting all 2017 guys and only focus on 2018 players. He constantly whines and complains about guys offers being commitable blah, blah, blah. The Leb philosophy of recruiting in a nutshell.

Leb has always been this way. He thinks each recruiting class should be finished the year before NSD. So the 2017 class should be full by September. Butch should stop recruiting all 2017 guys and only focus on 2018 players. He constantly whines and complains about guys offers being commitable blah, blah, blah. The Leb philosophy of recruiting in a nutshell.

Cotman makes 21. Ross may be 22. Couple more to go. I think we might have it by September! LOL

Reactions: 2 people
This guy and about 3 or 4 others currently committed will not be apart of this class.

Take it to the bank

So unlike some, he is honest about the fact that there might be at least one other school he would prefer over UT. I would say that is far more common than we know, most simply don't admit it. I'd cut him some slack.

..and boom!

This guy and about 3 or 4 others currently committed will not be apart of this class.

Take it to the bank

If we have a great year I would think some of the higher rated guys would want to jump on board. Gibbs,Akers,Smith,Chandler,Eze, and Foster have to be takes. Some of our current commits will have to be told to look elsewhere if we want those guys. Just not enough room.

What an odd statement at the end. Why the hell commit if you are still wide open? He's trying to get someone to buy him imo

"Mom, dad...I've decided to marry my girlfriend while keeping my options open to other women."

Attachments

• Wat-Meme-Old-Lady-01.jpg
    Wat-Meme-Old-Lady-01.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
What an odd statement at the end. Why the hell commit if you are still wide open? He's trying to get someone to buy him imo

I think he is legitimately interested in is and saw that we are filling up so he committed thinking it would guarantee him a spot which we all know isn't true with Butch

I hope he sticks with us though great athlete

His interview was all about staying committed to TN, although he said he would like to take a few visits...

giphy.gif

Boom?

Is that a North Korean rocket? Anyway, I hope this guy stays with us.

Last edited:
I see the mouth breathers are out in full force this morning. Geez people get a grip! The kid was being honest about his recruiting process. Do you think he's the only commitment that's not keeping his options open to other schools? You are absolutely naïve if you think every commitment we have is locked in and impervious to the influence of other schools. Did you not learn that lesson already from Tee Higgins? Recruiting is an ever moving target. Just let it all play out until February and enjoy the ride!

Oh and BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

Great pickup, interested that he said we only had one DB spot left in the class and he wanted to grab it.

Gibbs=Silent???

Welcome CJ! Booooooom!

Ok not a star gazer and this may have been talked about earlier in the thread but if he is a 4 star on Rivals, 24/7 and ESPN how is he a 3 star composite?

Great athlete by any means, glad he is on board!

Dude, the sites and coaches are surprised by this commitment. This is just an odd commitment man. The guy is a great player for sure, but he stated in his commitment that he wants to still be recruited lol. This makes no sense at all

It's an odd commitment because no one expected it to come at this time. Not because it's a random dude we offered with no expectation of him coming.

whoops you are right. So 4 star on two sites and I guess 3 star on 247 and scout?

Yep and 247 I'm sure gives heavier pts to their own set of rankings. My only issue with 247 is they really get too caught up in camp performance without pads and will just sky rocket people up or down based off 7 on 7 or one on one camp stuff. The biggest eval should still be the game film. So kids not attending all the camps get dropped for those that do

Reactions: 3 people
Yep and 247 I'm sure gives heavier pts to their own set of rankings. My only issue with 247 is they really get too caught up in camp performance without pads and will just sky rocket people up or down based off 7 on 7 or one on one camp stuff. The biggest eval should still be the game film. So kids not attending all the camps get dropped for those that do

Good post.

VN Store

Back