The Weightlifters Thread

Fairly new to this whole lifting thing. I'm seeing really good gains, getting stronger, more cut and a little bigger. My left arm has grown a couple inches and has that nice softball look to it. My right has grown a touch over an inch and a half, but it lacks the softball look but is wider. My tris look the same, I lift the same with both equal reps and weight, making sure I use proper form on both. Is their any trick to get the right one to pump the same? FWIW I'm right handed if that matters.

I won't lie you can always work on it but you'll always be a little off. Just part of the journey man.

Not that advocate wintertime is the optimal time to bulk, but for those of you increasing your caloric intake, how is your progress? Learning anything new during this cycle?

Not that advocate wintertime is the optimal time to bulk, but for those of you increasing your caloric intake, how is your progress? Learning anything new during this cycle?

I'm making good progress. I've put on about 5lbs and added 20lbs to all my lifts so far. I've learned not to buy pants before I start bulking though. I bought some pants about two months ago and can't wear them anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm making good progress. I've put on about 5lbs and added 20lbs to all my lifts so far. I've learned not to buy pants before I start bulking though. I bought some pants about two months ago and can't wear them anymore.

Haha that's funny. My shorts and pants are a bit tighter overall. I measure my waistline regularly to make sure i'm bodybuilding and not bellybuilding. Isn't it awesome to consistently see progress is size and strenght...along with eating more pizza and doughnuts that usual?!

I've added 20lbs this offseason. I'm considering staying up here and doing very little cutting weight wise. I feel great and all of my lifts are much easier.

I've added 20lbs this offseason. I'm considering staying up here and doing very little cutting weight wise. I feel great and all of my lifts are much easier.

The DUP program that I've been on for 7 weeks now calls for 3 bouts of barbell bench pressing per week. It wasn't until this week that the bench press doesn't feel foreign to me. Increased frequency and caloric surplus may have taken a while for both to "kick-in" but I agree, too, that it feels great for lifts to seem easier.

The DUP program that I've been on for 7 weeks now calls for 3 bouts of barbell bench pressing per week. It wasn't until this week that the bench press doesn't feel foreign to me. Increased frequency and caloric surplus may have taken a while for both to "kick-in" but I agree, too, that it feels great for lifts to seem easier.

That looks like an interesting program.

Anybody have any podcast recommendations for lifting in general? I have listened to Barbell Shrugged for a while but need something new

Anybody have any podcast recommendations for lifting in general? I have listened to Barbell Shrugged for a while but need something new

Sigma nutrition radio is awesome.
Complete Human Performance used to be Evidence Radio, but some dudes took it over and only produced one or two podcasts. The archive is good

Did you guys hear we got a new TE coach?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-05-00-09-34~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-05-00-09-34~2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
Slightly off topic so I apologize in advance, this isn't about lifting but an injury I sustained and I figured that many/most have probably have experienced all sorts of exercise related injuries.

While playing many different sports I've taken a knee to the thigh more times that I can count, however, I would guess 75% have been to the hamstring and a few on top of my quad. For the first time I can ever remember, last night I caught one right on the side of the thigh where my IT band runs down. This is a different level of pain than any knee I've ever taken to the leg. Did some light reading about this type of hit and they say that, due to the obvious lack of padding compared to the back and top of the thigh, there is a much higher likelihood of a deep bone bruise.

Now, I have no idea if that is in fact what happened to me or if I'll wake up in another day or two and the pain will start to dissipate and be back to normal in a few days, but I was curious if anyone had ever knowingly been through/been diagnosed with a bone bruise? If so, how long did the pain last? What was recovery time? etc.

Hello gentleman, and ladies if appropriate, been a while but I'm back lifting heavy and hard. I have a powerlifting contest in April I'm training for now and my goal is 800 lb squat, 510 bench and 650 pull...those are my lowest goals. I want a 2000lb total. So I will adjust as necessary in my lifts to attain if possible. Here is to everyone here who has set goals, may you exceed them.

Hello gentleman, and ladies if appropriate, been a while but I'm back lifting heavy and hard. I have a powerlifting contest in April I'm training for now and my goal is 800 lb squat, 510 bench and 650 pull...those are my lowest goals. I want a 2000lb total. So I will adjust as necessary in my lifts to attain if possible. Here is to everyone here who has set goals, may you exceed them.

Good luck! Huge numbers, but why such a discrepancy in squats and deads?

dear god. long femurs i'm guessing?

Elite numbers, sir

Best of luck

Kill numbers man; I just want to add more thickness to my back and shoulders this year. Every time I go high on the bench my elbows start to kill me and I back off.

I tried to attach two pics but I guess u have to split it up so sorry in advance for double post (also shotty pics of a snapchat vid)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back