Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butch will do some interviews, right? If so, I expect the Shoop talk to die down temporarily with a lot of other names popping up before Shoop is in fact hired.

I think there was already mutual agreement between them. You heard some of that noise before the bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 1 minute ago
Agree wasn’t bad. Was told Butch felt to win a National Championship he felt program needed to improve though.

in response to this

Wes Rucker
‏@wesrucker247
Expected or no, that’s a bold move by Butch heading into a really key year for the #Vols program. That defense wasn’t bad.

Hopefully that means at WR too.

There are 2 threads on PSU's Rivals board acknowledging the move, but of course, I can't read the content.

I think there was already mutual agreement between them. You heard some of that noise before the bowl game.

Had to be the same with DeBord, right? His name popped up immediately, then a ton of other names were tossed around while Butch was supposedly interviewing candidates (whether he did or not), then DeBord ultimately got the job.

Would they announce Shoop immediately after Jancek was let go?

If it is Shoop we would lock down the midstate plus add DB expert. New TE coach reconnects the I-4 corridor fot us and brings multiple levels of experience. wow

Reactions: Weezer
I'd like to see Shoop or Chavis hired. Would be curious as to what the buyout is for each. Also I'd think hiring a million dollar DC would mean DeBord would be looking for a huge bump in pay as he makes about 500,000.

If it is Shoop we would lock down the midstate plus add DB expert. New TE coach reconnects the I-4 corridor fot us and brings multiple levels of experience. wow

Please Please Please Jacoby Stevens Please.

By far best player I saw all year

I'd like to see Shoop or Chavis hired. Would be curious as to what the buyout is for each. Also I'd think hiring a million dollar DC would mean DeBord would be looking for a huge bump in pay as he makes about 500,000.

I just saw this suggestion in the FF. But I don't believe that means DeBord would have to paid similarly. DeBord was not coaching last year, and Hubbs has said that the assistants don't have leverage right now. No other schools really came after them. Give them raises for performance, but it is simple supply and demand.

I just saw this suggestion in the FF. But I don't believe that means DeBord would have to paid similarly. DeBord was not coaching last year, and Hubbs has said that the assistants don't have leverage right now. No other schools really came after them. Give them raises for performance, but it is simple supply and demand.

I look at it as more of a respect thing. If I am DeBord and have a year on the job with the offense and run game setting records, would I dislike the new guy coming in the door on the other side of the ball making 2-3X more than I do? I probably would not. I don't think it's a coincidence that our OC/DCs have all made about the same money here under Butch.

You don't let go of a guy like Jancek for some off the wall BS. For all we know recruiting could be as big a driver as coaching. I highly doubt Butch likes having offers kicked back after the season he just had.

That was in the summer. He had time.

Defensive recruits are gonna want to know who is leading them.

Which is why Jones has been getting potential DCs for weeks. That is when he was being methodical.

We hired Debord on February 6th and completed signing day last year without an OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back